Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tongue. Please. We don’t need to rehash again. I have no alliance to those guys and am entitled to my own views which for months now have been consistent..

Be careful what you wish for tongue. I feel as if my contribution has only strengthened this forum and created an environment where our great league is receiving the attention it deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The bit of the above post: 'Be careful what you wish for tongue' ... gives me pause.

Rather than threatening me, consider the context of your response within the parameters of that shit post regarding the Rochester Footy Club. Other people other than Olay saw it.

The one you posted.

I would be furiously studying the laws of defamation and libel were I you.

The bit of the above post: 'Be careful what you wish for tongue' ... gives me pause.

Rather than threatening me, consider the context of your response within the parameters of that shit post regarding the Rochester Footy Club. Other people other than Olay saw it.

The one you posted.

I would be furiously studying the laws of defamation and libel were I you.

Come on mate. Defamation?
at the end of the day this is a local footy forum and I put up a post of something I had heard. I realised I was wrong and deleted it. Hardly defamation and you talk about threats. Pot and kettle tongue.

I’m going to take some time away. The thermos has been devastated and over heated. I’ll take my business elsewhere to ‘defame’ somebody else. This GVL thread is toxic and run by a complete boys club with no inclusion or diversity as such.

I’m going to take some time away. The thermos has been devastated and over heated. I’ll take my business elsewhere to ‘defame’ somebody else. This GVL thread is toxic and run by a complete boys club with no inclusion or diversity as such.

Unfortunately a few of us did see that post! Any coming back from that was a long shot!

Come on mate. Defamation?
at the end of the day this is a local footy forum and I put up a post of something I had heard. I realised I was wrong and deleted it. Hardly defamation and you talk about threats. Pot and kettle tongue.

Mate you posted it! Not me.

If you want to talk about 'boys clubs' then consider the fact you, Olay, Fat Cat, BigDave have been clogging this thread with crap for days!

Who cares if you have a dog? You all obviously know one another. Or sleep under the same roof. Olay talks about a service station in Rochy that doesn't exist. BigDave joins the thread after drinking in a pub in Rushworth that no longer exists!!

It's laughable.

And like I said laws of defamation are certainly valid on social media including this one. Ask the 'Chief' ... the big dog who owns big footy.

If you want to talk about 'boys clubs' then consider the fact you, Olay, Fat Cat, BigDave have been clogging this thread with crap for days!

Who cares if you have a dog? You all obviously know one another. Or sleep under the same roof. Olay talks about a service station in Rochy that doesn't exist. BigDave joins the thread after drinking in a pub in Rushworth that no longer exists!!

It's laughable.

And like I said laws of defamation are certainly valid on social media including this one. Ask the 'Chief' ... the big dog who owns big footy.

Here we go again Silver Surfer! Cause it’s not from your mouth it’s automatically crap. Just because I have a different opinion doesn’t make it less valid. Where’s the freedom of speech. Becoming a dictatorship in here…

As for the servo, get off your high horse, it was a Caltex that rebranded like every other servo, you’re clutching at straws here.

It's laughable.

Why am I involved with this guy or these problems? Since joining I’ve only talked genuine footy and had good discussions with blokes?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The post DID NOT name anyone, nor was it sexist. It was something that was passed onto me to promote discussion on how local football clubs are funded. I admitted I should NOT have posted it and aired it in the public forum particularly the secondary aspect within the story. I deleted it within minutes when I knew the damage it may have caused. I am apologetic but to imply defamation is simply wrong. Am i accepted to have a second chance or do I move on?
Lets just talk footy.
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go again Silver Surfer! Cause it’s not from your mouth it’s automatically crap. Just because I have a different opinion doesn’t make it less valid. Where’s the freedom of speech. Becoming a dictatorship in here…

As for the servo, get off your high horse, it was a Caltex that rebranded like every other servo, you’re clutching at straws here.

Simply it was a disgraceful post that no one on this forum could possibly support.
Doesn't sound like to many saw the post, if it was that bad shouldn't Admin hand out the time outs and the rest of us jog on!
It was deplorable! The admin didn't take it down because it was so bad that the poster quickly took it down. It was way off-limits. Perhaps more time was spent on recruiting than Me, Myself and Irene posts.

Simply it was a disgraceful post that no one on this forum could possibly support.

It was deplorable! The admin didn't take it down because it was so bad that the poster quickly took it down. It was way off-limits. Perhaps more time was spent on recruiting than Me, Myself and Irene posts.

If I remember ringo you’ve had a lotta controversy over the time I never saw the fellas comments at all but I’m saying this is a footy forum so we all need to get off our high horses and talk footy not politics

Doesn't sound like to many saw the post, if it was that bad shouldn't Admin hand out the time outs and the rest of us jog on!

Agreed. I’m not on here everyday so miss a fair few posts, including this one by Thermus. But the bloke deleted it, apologised and admitted he was wrong. Can we just talk footy?

Other than this post the bloke seems to actually care about talking footy and has some good input into debates (although some of his Mooroopna ones are garbage.. but isn’t that the point to share your thoughts/opinions?)

This week tips
Ky to beat united by 10 goals
Rochester to win by 150 over tat
Echuca by 10 goals over Euroa
Mansfield need a win and will get it over Benalla
Swans to upset Cats
Shepparton should beat Seymour

If the swans win will keep them only a game out of 6, need some % though, but still have to play Shepp and Echuca

Mansfield will also be a game out, and most likely came down to the last game against Euroa for a spot

Rochy looks like to finish 3rd, should beat 6th place and then play Echuca for a spot in the GF

Quick question
Right now would Tatura beat the top team of KDFL - Lancaster/Murch or Shepp East
or
Where would they be sitting within the Murray FL

Last edited:
If I remember ringo you’ve had a lotta controversy over the time I never saw the fellas comments at all but I’m saying this is a footy forum so we all need to get off our high horses and talk footy not politics

It has nothing to do with me.. it's all about the comment that was ;
A- Degrading to women associated with the club
B- Degrading to all Rochy footballers past and current
C- The committee
D- Ran with it and then attempted to blame the person who so-called circulated the rumour.
E- It is football-related as it was a slight on a complete club.

Quick question
Right now would Tatura beat the top team of KDFL - Lancaster/Murch or Shepp East

Yeah 100% they would. Gotta respect the higher level of footy. Been to plenty of district games in my time and it doesn’t compare to even the worst teams in higher leagues (GV in this case)

Quick question
or
Where would they be sitting within the Murray FL
I haven’t seen Tat play, but someone close to Tat told me recently that if they had all players available their reserves would be stronger than the side they are currently fielding .
IMO it’s been a long time ( early 90’s maybe ) since GV reserves has been recognised as being stronger than District leagues seniors .

I haven’t seen Tat play, but someone close to Tat told me recently that if they had all players available their reserves would be stronger than the side they are currently fielding .
IMO it’s been a long time ( early 90’s maybe ) since GV reserves has been recognised as being stronger than District leagues seniors .

It is always an interesting proposition comparing the best sides from district comps to the higher quality reserves sides in the premier competitions. Hypothetically, if you put the Echuca reserves side into the KDFL, where would they finish? They’d have to push finals wouldn’t they?

Making finals maybe not as likely in the Murray FL but you look at someone like Brady Simpson who moved from Echuca to Echuca United this year, stepped into their captaincy & has been in the best players 8 out of 14 games. Obviously Echuca United has had their struggles this season but shows that your fringe players at stronger clubs in the premier competitions make that step down quite easily… food for thought.

This week tips
Ky to beat united by 10 goals
Rochester to win by 150 over tat
Echuca by 10 goals over Euroa
Mansfield need a win and will get it over Benalla
Swans to upset Cats
Shepparton should beat Seymour

If the swans win will keep them only a game out of 6, need some % though, but still have to play Shepp and Echuca

Mansfield will also be a game out, and most likely came down to the last game against Euroa for a spot

Rochy looks like to finish 3rd, should beat 6th place and then play Echuca for a spot in the GF

Like the upset of the young “cygnets” over Thermo’s Cats. Bears by a fair bit over Seymour surely?

Will Rochy have most of their boys back by September? Can’t see them firing too hard if they don’t

It is always an interesting proposition comparing the best sides from district comps to the higher quality reserves sides in the premier competitions. Hypothetically, if you put the Echuca reserves side into the KDFL, where would they finish? They’d have to push finals wouldn’t they?

Making finals maybe not as likely in the Murray FL but you look at someone like Brady Simpson who moved from Echuca to Echuca United this year, stepped into their captaincy & has been in the best players 8 out of 14 games. Obviously Echuca United has had their struggles this season but shows that your fringe players at stronger clubs in the premier competitions make that step down quite easily… food for thought.

If Echuca seniors was at full strength, Echuca reserves (development squad) could win the KDFL.

Last edited:

That’s a fantastic point Ballpoint. From my observations I always thought Simpson was stiff not to be in. Shows the depth of Echuca on the other side of the coin. Would play seniors at most GV sides so it’s good to see him doing well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back