Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It is always an interesting proposition comparing the best sides from district comps to the higher quality reserves sides in the premier competitions. Hypothetically, if you put the Echuca reserves side into the KDFL, where would they finish? They’d have to push finals wouldn’t they?

Making finals maybe not as likely in the Murray FL but you look at someone like Brady Simpson who moved from Echuca to Echuca United this year, stepped into their captaincy & has been in the best players 8 out of 14 games. Obviously Echuca United has had their struggles this season but shows that your fringe players at stronger clubs in the premier competitions make that step down quite easily… food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is the stuff we need to ensure the forum gets back on track. Clear and concise evaluation with statistical back ups. Lets continue down this track gents. I have decided I will continue to contribute albeit in a respectful and controlled manner.

This is the stuff we need to ensure the forum gets back on track. Clear and concise evaluation with statistical back ups. Lets continue down this track gents. I have decided I will continue to contribute albeit in a respectful and controlled manner.

Did you run this past our leader the Surfer for clearance?

Did you run this past our leader the Surfer for clearance?

Does it surprise me that some may need some guidance on not being a dick?
Sadly, no but rather than continue to bait.. perhaps just stick to the subject matter.

Yeah 100% they would. Gotta respect the higher level of footy. Been to plenty of district games in my time and it doesn’t compare to even the worst teams in higher leagues (GV in this case)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can remember undera beating benalla saints with big sam laporta dominating. May have been a practice match, but if district football is so poor then it should never happen should it?
I can't grasp why many here are so quick to pot district footy, without It the GV is much poorer

I can remember undera beating benalla saints with big sam laporta dominating. May have been a practice match, but if district football is so poor then it should never happen should it?
I can't grasp why many here are so quick to pot district footy, without It the GV is much poorer
Sidey came into united and dominated from the get go too. Plenty of talent out there

Doug Wren went from winning two B&F's in the KDFL to winning one in his first year at Rochester. We should never underestimate the talent in district leagues.

Doug Wren went from winning two B&F's in the KDFL to winning one in his first year at Rochester. We should never underestimate the talent in district leagues.

There’s talent in just about every country league… it’s the depth of talent, overall professionalism and exposure to structure that is why the standard drops off. However, if you’d never spent any time involved in district footy it would be easy to assume that the stars of those comps aren’t up to the premier standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thermos owned his mistake and tried to move on yet you are all still badgering him most of you are grown men 30+ years old yes what he may have posted is wrong but Jesus Christ grow up all of you it’s not sheep stations your playing for it’s a local footy forum maybe the lot of ya need to take a deep breath and pull the tampon out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You have a lot to say about an issue you know nothing about HardBallgets. You didn't see the post nor do you know what was in it.
Take your puerile tampon references and focus on making Tatura a better club. Fat man might help!

You have a lot to say about an issue you know nothing about HardBallgets. You didn't see the post nor do you know what was in it.
Take your puerile tampon references and focus on making Tatura a better club. Fat man might help!

Cmon Surfer! I don’t want to take players from my mighty meowies!

Any chance he lands at tat next year?

Are you going to the game Saturday Silver, would love to shout you a Mercury.

Are you going to the game Saturday Silver, would love to shout you a Mercury.
No mate I went up last week and Rochy got flogged by a talented Shepparton team.
Holland is a gun! The Shepparton forward line put plenty on the board ... supplied by strong mids. The Tigers would need to rethink their strategy should/if they play them again this season. The Bears appear to have the wood on the Tigers at present.

Obviously Tatura are plagued by injury this season but I have always respected how they went about it.

No mate I went up last week and Rochy got flogged by a talented Shepparton team.
Holland is a gun! The Shepparton forward line put plenty on the board ... supplied by strong mids. The Tigers would need to rethink their strategy should/if they play them again this season. The Bears appear to have the wood on the Tigers at present.

Obviously Tatura are plagued by injury this season but I have always respected how they went about it.
Can only hope the boys try there hardest and don't give up, cue is in the rack but looking forward to next season, so much positively around the kennel.

There’s talent in just about every country league… it’s the depth of talent, overall professionalism and exposure to structure that is why the standard drops off. However, if you’d never spent any time involved in district footy it would be easy to assume that the stars of those comps aren’t up to the premier standard.

Great call mate. If you look at murch who are the side to beat in the KD this year, they have the 3 lloyds that would comfortably play GV, James Milne would also , the Devine boys (Mooroopna) aswell which is 6 players at minimum that would play in a fair chunk of GV sides. The talent does drop away fairly quickly though. It wasn’t too long ago violet town had 3 ex Collingwood blokes playing for them..

This is an indication with the amount of teams the Echuca Junior footy club has this weekend playing. Note some teams play each other. Think I counted 12 teams. That’s an incredible amount of kids and hard work by that footy club to invest so much time and effort into the junior club. Shepparton FC are also very strong in the junior grades as well. Particularly the under 16’s.

Attachments

• IMG_2967.png
    IMG_2967.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Great call mate. If you look at murch who are the side to beat in the KD this year, they have the 3 lloyds that would comfortably play GV, James Milne would also , the Devine boys (Mooroopna) aswell which is 6 players at minimum that would play in a fair chunk of GV sides. The talent does drop away fairly quickly though. It wasn’t too long ago violet town had 3 ex Collingwood blokes playing for them..
Milne tried at 2 GV clubs he's past it and the Lloyd's won't train so not GV material at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back