Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great call mate. If you look at murch who are the side to beat in the KD this year, they have the 3 lloyds that would comfortably play GV, James Milne would also , the Devine boys (Mooroopna) aswell which is 6 players at minimum that would play in a fair chunk of GV sides. The talent does drop away fairly quickly though. It wasn’t too long ago violet town had 3 ex Collingwood blokes playing for them..

Who were the big 3 at violet town again? Refresh my memory.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This week tips
Ky to beat united by 10 goals
Rochester to win by 150 over tat
Echuca by 10 goals over Euroa
Mansfield need a win and will get it over Benalla
Swans to upset Cats
Shepparton should beat Seymour

If the swans win will keep them only a game out of 6, need some % though, but still have to play Shepp and Echuca

Mansfield will also be a game out, and most likely came down to the last game against Euroa for a spot

Rochy looks like to finish 3rd, should beat 6th place and then play Echuca for a spot in the GF
will need to absolutely belt united to even be a chance

Not sure why you’re shooting everything I say down or what your problem is?
Maybe I saw him get every chance as a kid from Steve Daniel's, but just wanted to be a big fish in a small pond. There's lots of kids just like him in the KDL , Jono Moore at Nagambie is a classic example all the ability in the world but doesn't have the capability to recognise it..

Will these Echuca junior players move to Moama, Echuca United, Picola, Mathoura or other neighbouring clubs when they don’t get a spot playing for Echuca 3rds?

Last edited:
Will these Echuca junior players move to Moama, Echuca United, Picola, Mathoura or other neighbouring clubs when they don’t get a spot playing for Echuca 3rds?

Generally that’s what would happen. The smaller clubs surrounding benefit greatly from this. Pyramid Hill won a flag a few years back in the thirds as an example. These clubs should be trying their best to utilise this and keep them around as senior footballers as there are certainly some diamonds in the rough so to speak.

Echuca/Moama area is growing rapidly for juniors within AFL goulburn murray, most likely faster and possible more numbers than Shepparton area.
I posted before that Echuca has 3 under 14 teams, Moama has 2 Under 14 teams and United 1..

Very hard to push all these players (60 from Echuca) to 20 when they get to under 18s, so they either stop playing, or go out to other clubs.

There are some kids from Echuca/Moama playing juniors on the sunday and also playing out for district teams like Mathoura and Picola on Saturday in their under 14 comp. LBU have some good connections within Echuca area aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generally that’s what would happen. The smaller clubs surrounding benefit greatly from this. Pyramid Hill won a flag a few years back in the thirds as an example. These clubs should be trying their best to utilise this and keep them around as senior footballers as there are certainly some diamonds in the rough so to speak.

Isn't it an hour from pyramid Hill to echuca ??

Joe Atley having a proper run in the twos tomorrow against Tatura. Rumour suggests his older brother will be doing the same against Echuca in a fortnight.

Just heard it’s going to be Adam McPhees 50th game this weekend, great to see a brilliant father son duo with Adam being from the ballbag of the league great Tank McPhee. It got me thinking, who are some of the best father son duos we have seen come through the GV?

You have a lot to say about an issue you know nothing about HardBallgets. You didn't see the post nor do you know what was in it.
Take your puerile tampon references and focus on making Tatura a better club. Fat man might help!

Simply have nothing to do with Tatura tongue man just an observer from the mallee that grew up their never step foot on the ground in bulldogs colours you yourself are very opinionated and love to cause drama

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back