Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong statement by the Murray Bombers yesterday. Scary to think they will have another 5 premiership players available after their bye next round. Not including AJ Mills (Carlton VFL listed) as I think his race against time with a broken leg might be catching up on him. Is back full running so will go close.
I think it was bound to happen really, after the game early in the year, that's probably the best they've played in 3 years. I'm not sure with the pressure of finals they'll hit those levels. Also I'm not sure rochy will be too disheartened, it gives them the opportunity for a team to aim for and level of play to aim for. Good result for finals I'd say

So who grabs the final two spots in the final 6? Kyabram are probably safe but it might come down to the Rd 18 clash between Euroa and Mansfield for 6th. That said the Swans are still in it with Mansfield having a bye next week.
Euroa play benalla next week so I’d say they are safe.

Echuca vs bear 1v2

Rochy vs Ky 3v6- cats have a huge amount of percentage to catch up to rochy so unless rochy lose to united in rd 18 they should be safe regardless if mooroopna beat them next week.

cats vs ky 4v5

Have finals venues been announced yet?

Euroa play benalla next week so I’d say they are safe.

Echuca vs bear 1v2

Rochy vs Ky 3v6- cats have a huge amount of percentage to catch up to rochy so unless rochy lose to united in rd 18 they should be safe regardless if mooroopna beat them next week.

cats vs ky 4v5

Have finals venues been announced yet?
What ever clubs didn't have a final last year plus the 1 swinging final that gets tendered out I believe Tat have the first final on the Saturday, then probably a night at Mooroopna.

Agreed. Let’s leave it.

Also ENORMOUS day of footy today. Battle of the Campaspe river today, and I see the surfers tigs have S. Atley back, will be interesting to see the condition he is in. I think rochys tough in and under style will be too much for the bombers, but on a beautiful sunny day like this it’ll suit the fast pace surge game style of the Murray bombers.

Nail biter with the Tongues Tigers getting up by less than a kick and the tongue to have a few ciders to celebrate.

Enjoy the day ladies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You didn't quite get that right! As I suspected the Bombers were way to strong. Missed it myself ... was down on Surf Coast for a few days. A nice left to right break at Torquay ... fat man. I also recommend Totti's at Lorne for some fine dining Italian style. Had the braised pork in milk with chilli pasta. Magnificent! The antipasto and freshly baked bread is superb.

Last edited:
Some important games this weekend people:
Kyabram v Seymour
Mooroopna v Rochester
Shepparton v Swans.

Seymour have been been better in the latter parts of the season. But surely Kyabram get home in a close one.

Mooroopna are difficult to beat on their home deck and while I recall a draw a few years back, Rochy have struggled there in recent seasons. An important game but I suspect the 'Cat and Thermos are confident.

I know Swoop isn't confident about his Swans against Shepparton but the Swans are still a live chance and the old adage:
'It ain't over until the fat man sings!'

Ps is there the slightest chance of Benalla rolling Euroa? On the songmanship theme: Smash Mouth's 'I'm a believer.'

Last edited:
You didn't quite get that right! As I suspected the Bombers were way to strong. Missed it myself ... was down on Surf Coast for a few days. A nice left to right break at Torquay ... fat man. I also recommend Totti's at Lorne for some fine dining Italian style. Had the braised pork in milk with chilli pasta. Magnificent! The antipasto and freshly baked bread is superb.

This is classic Tongue. Maybe we could start a spin off series named “Silver Tongues, consigli alimentari da acquolina in bocca”

This is classic Tongue. Maybe we could start a spin off series named “Silver Tongues, consigli alimentari da acquolina in bocca”

And yes.. the Thermos speaks fluent Italian

Some important games this weekend people:
Kyabram v Seymour
Mooroopna v Rochester
Shepparton v Swans.

Seymour have been been better in the latter parts of the season. But surely Kyabram get home in a close one.

Mooroopna are difficult to beat on their home deck and while I recall a draw a few years back, Rochy have struggled there in recent seasons. An important game but I suspect the 'Cat and Thermos are confident.

I know Swoop isn't confident about his Swans against Shepparton but the Swans are still a live chance and the old adage:
'It ain't over until the fat man sings!'

Ps is there the slightest chance of Benalla rolling Euroa? On the songmanship theme: Smash Mouth's 'I'm a believer.'

I am confident I must say. I think my Catters are back to our best with our inclusions last weekend. Still a few around the town that are confident we can challenge as the second best team. Will be a big watch over the next 4-5 weeks

Been to the same version in Sydney on some work trips Tiger Tongue. That bread is to die for. Tastes as good as an iced cold Travla after a big win over the tiges! Big statement. Don’t think my meowies can get past the Campaspe Bombers either. Season over

I am confident I must say. I think my Catters are back to our best with our inclusions last weekend. Still a few around the town that are confident we can challenge as the second best team. Will be a big watch over the next 4-5 weeks

Lost to Echuca by 57, to Shep by 68, Rochy by 57 and to Ky by 55. I’m not sure where the confidence comes from to challenge anyone. Wins against all the bottom sides and those making up the numbers but absolutely pantsed by the good sides. Can’t see them progressing beyond the first week. I think they’ll get found out again this week. Rochy will be smarting after last weeks effort. I think they’ll get a hold of the cats.

Get a view of any footy down there Tonguey? Or just a get away with the better half?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could someone explain how/where the Bears and United were formed and where do Swans,Bears and United recruit from?Is there a private school school link to any of these teams?
Also why do United allow fence parking at ground where as Bears it’s park and walk ?Some people are sick, elderly,cbf or otherwise.

Could someone explain how/where the Bears and United were formed and where do Swans,Bears and United recruit from?Is there a private school school link to any of these teams?
Also why do United allow fence parking at ground where as Bears it’s park and walk ?Some people are sick, elderly,cbf or otherwise.
Shepparton fc is a foundation club in the GVFL,United were called Shepp City and started in the 50's,Notre dame tend to fluctuate between United and bears then all 3 get talent from the Grammar, and super school as well as surrounding district

Shepparton fc is a foundation club in the GVFL,United were called Shepp City and started in the 50's,Notre dame tend to fluctuate between United and bears then all 3 get talent from the Grammar, and super school as well as surrounding district
Swans were originally Lemnos! I am not certain of the history of their club but I am pretty certain Swooping Pie would know.

Swans were originally Lemnos! I am not certain of the history of their club but I am pretty certain Swooping Pie would know.
Yes tongue there original home ground was at the Shepp show grounds their jumper of course up until I think late 80s was red with a large white swan There probably greatest ever player Robbie Ormond ( 3 Morrisons M ) had the Holden dealership Ormond garage over the rd from the show grounds where Safeway is now

City United formed as a merger between SPC and Shepparton East. Shepparton East then started up again in their own right. I am not sure when City United changed to Shepparton United.

Shepp Bears junior program has been linked with Notre Dame College as Shepp Notre for about a decade.

City United formed as a merger between SPC and Shepparton East. Shepparton East then started up again in their own right. I am not sure when City United changed to Shepparton United.

Shepp Bears junior program has been linked with Notre Dame College as Shepp Notre for about a decade.
From 1966 a minor name change replaced City with Shepparton, thus United became Shepparton United.

why did broadford choose bendigo over the gv. an old boos often to use say if your only half mad why not go all chips in,
Maybe because they will only get smashed by 15 goals in the BFL instead of 25 in the GV. Comical. I also noted an article in the Shepp news about a team replacing Echuca if they leave the GV. Echuca won't be going anywhere and Moama was not mentioned as a replacement club. Moama should be the number one priority if expansion of the league is on the agenda.

A guy named Sharp who was once involved with a BFL club is now at Broadford and is driving this insanity. Apparently he goes around saying "if Strath can do it then we can do it, too".

It is going to end in tears. They should be in the Riddell - it is their best fit, especially when they are coming out of recess and have no players, but the club seemingly doesn't want a bar of it. All the options other than Riddell don't make sense.

At least Maryborough should get a win next season.

Yes tongue there original home ground was at the Shepp show grounds their jumper of course up until I think late 80s was red with a large white swan There probably greatest ever player Robbie Ormond ( 3 Morrisons M ) had the Holden dealership Ormond garage over the rd from the show grounds where Safeway is now
Did they have a period in the 80's with a white jumper with a red Swan? Do you recall why the club was called Lemnos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back