Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they have a period in the 80's with a white jumper with a red Swan? Do you recall why the club was called Lemnos?
Lemnos is a fruit growing area on the out
Did they have a period in the 80's with a white jumper with a red Swan? Do you recall why the club was called Lemnos?
Yes, I'm sure they did mate:Lemnos is a locality in the Goulburn Valley region of Victoria, Australia, on the outskirts of the regional city of Shepparton. At the 2006 census, Lemnos had a population of 369, which had dropped to 246 at the 2016 census. The locality was established in 1927 as a soldier settlement area after the First World War.

Yes, I'm sure they did mate:Lemnos is a locality in the Goulburn Valley region of Victoria, Australia, on the outskirts of the regional city of Shepparton. At the 2006 census, Lemnos had a population of 369, which had dropped to 246 at the 2016 census. The locality was established in 1927 as a soldier settlement area after the First World War.
An interesting conversation about the history of clubs in the GV ... Shepp United and the Swans don't get discussed enough on here.

The Shepp swans( Lemnos) have always had a strong Albanian following because of the likes of gun Peter Shemshedin - the Selmans- Mekas - Yze x2 ect ect

Enjoying the history
Better than kicking little dogs and some of the other rubbish that has been clogging up the thread. True GV discussion includes talking about and respecting its history and characters and clubs.

Ringo and a few others have pointed at the fact that Moama should be the next team into the GV. Echuca need the the talent spread more across that Echuca/Moama area. The GV should be offering platitudes to get them in ASAP.

Imagine that rivalry? At present all the top kids are funnelled towards Echuca.

Can anyone give me a logical explanation why the GV can’t announce finals venues with 6-8 weeks notice. Most other leagues around us can. If it’s true they are having a night final then they are dickheads. Most clubs have t played a night game this year and I went to a night final a couple years ago at Mooroopna and there was more people in the phone box down the road.

Big week this week in the footy lads! Exciting, can feel that September sniff in the air!!

It’s time for the Fat Tongue cup again. Should be a fierce game with meowies getting some numbers back, rochy will be breathing fire after Echuca won the battle of the campaspe.

Box of grog on it Silver?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can anyone give me a logical explanation why the GV can’t announce finals venues with 6-8 weeks notice. Most other leagues around us can. If it’s true they are having a night final then they are dickheads. Most clubs have t played a night game this year and I went to a night final a couple years ago at Mooroopna and there was more people in the phone box down the road.
Allegedly it’s to do with not wanting to give sides a home ground advantage and leaving decision making as late as possible to get a better idea of who may be playing what finals .
which is hideous when you consider the gf is consistently played in the wind tunnel which is home to two GVL clubs , it also probably the worst ground in the whole league.

Big week this week in the footy lads! Exciting, can feel that September sniff in the air!!

It’s time for the Fat Tongue cup again. Should be a fierce game with meowies getting some numbers back, rochy will be breathing fire after Echuca won the battle of the campaspe.

Box of grog on it Silver?

Old adage cue stick!
Never wrestle with pigs.
The pigs like it.
And you wake up dirty.

Ps. My gambling is contained to the gallops. Particularly Hayes horses as we move towards Spring and Mr Brightside.

Pps. I think the cats might win on their home deck.

Old adage cue stick!
Never wrestle with pigs.
The pigs like it.
And you wake up dirty.

Ps. My gambling is contained to the gallops. Particularly Hayes horses as we move towards Spring and Mr Brightside.

Pps. I think the cats might win on their home deck.

So right about Mr Brightside. So tough, up on the speed and gives you a showing every single time. Big spring for the Hayes stable for sure!

Should be a great contest regardless mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allegedly it’s to do with not wanting to give sides a home ground advantage and leaving decision making as late as possible to get a better idea of who may be playing what finals .
which is hideous when you consider the gf is consistently played in the wind tunnel which is home to two GVL clubs , it also probably the worst ground in the whole league.
How much could Deakin and Princess Park be sold for?

Would this allow enough funds to build a north-south orientated dual oval Premier Facility for the region?

How much could Deakin and Princess Park be sold for?

Would this allow enough funds to build a north-south orientated dual oval Premier Facility for the region?
I suspect princess park would have limited commercial value because if it weren’t council owned I suspect it wouldn’t be built upon .
But I do like your thinking and wonder if rumba and shepp east shouldn’t also be consolidated into one mega venue .
Parking , gyms , medical rooms could all be shared .

I suspect princess park would have limited commercial value because if it weren’t council owned I suspect it wouldn’t be built upon .
But I do like your thinking and wonder if rumba and shepp east shouldn’t also be consolidated into one mega venue .
Parking , gyms , medical rooms could all be shared .
Where's it go though, needs to be in the centre of town

Better than kicking little dogs and some of the other rubbish that has been clogging up the thread. True GV discussion includes talking about and respecting its history and characters and clubs.

Ringo and a few others have pointed at the fact that Moama should be the next team into the GV. Echuca need the the talent spread more across that Echuca/Moama area. The GV should be offering platitudes to get them in ASAP.

Imagine that rivalry? At present all the top kids are funnelled towards Echuca.
Would have to remove the magpies name? Love the old school Moama top of white and black v, so perhaps a clash jumper against the other magpies.

Believe it's alternated between clubs, think its back to Echuca and Kyabram hosting some this year.

why does it have to be in the centre of town? Everyone drives to the ground and would be the same with a new location on the outskirts of town.
Good idea if it was a zero cost to ratepayers. Would United and Shepp be up for this as co-tenants to move?
So its easy to get too, so it has atmosphere, instead of being in the outskirts of town on windswept cheap land. If they do it right, they could do a Ballarat and get Melbourne to play 3 games there. So needs to be walksble from town.

Look at the qeo, right in the heart of bendigo best set up for spectators and it has atmosphere even when sandhurst struggle to get anyone there in a h&a

Maybe because they will only get smashed by 15 goals in the BFL instead of 25 in the GV. Comical. I also noted an article in the Shepp news about a team replacing Echuca if they leave the GV. Echuca won't be going anywhere and Moama was not mentioned as a replacement club. Moama should be the number one priority if expansion of the league is on the agenda.
I believe Moama were voting as a club to possibly head to the Bendigo League ?

City United formed as a merger between SPC and Shepparton East. Shepparton East then started up again in their own right. I am not sure when City United changed to Shepparton United.

Shepp Bears junior program has been linked with Notre Dame College as Shepp Notre for about a decade.
Good feedback.
Imagine many worked at SPC back in the day.Wouldn’t think many current players be working SPC now.
All 3 Shep clubs have done well to remain in major league for so long.
Bears away rooms are putrid and need gutting.
Dont reckon deakin deserves the GF every year.
How about Mooroopna for hosting Gf?

Good feedback.
Imagine many worked at SPC back in the day.Wouldn’t think many current players be working SPC now.
All 3 Shep clubs have done well to remain in major league for so long.
Bears away rooms are putrid and need gutting.
Dont reckon deakin deserves the GF every year.
How about Mooroopna for hosting Gf?
I would love to see the GF rotated around other grounds other than Deakin Reserve. Given the rooms at Shepparton are ordinary at best it would need to be about the quality of the ground, parking and catering facilities. Parking is going to be better at all compared to Deakin.

Mooroopna, Kyabram, Tatura, Seymour, Euroa and Rochy off the top of my head. Not sure Princess Park has GF vibes. Don't know much about Benalla and Mansfield. Echuca's surface is ordinary and parking terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back