Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to see the GF rotated around other grounds other than Deakin Reserve. Given the rooms at Shepparton are ordinary at best it would need to be about the quality of the ground, parking and catering facilities. Parking is going to be better at all compared to Deakin.

Mooroopna, Kyabram, Tatura, Seymour, Euroa and Rochy off the top of my head. Not sure Princess Park has GF vibes. Don't know much about Benalla and Mansfield. Echuca's surface is ordinary and parking terrible.
Love the idea SilverTongue, intrested in others thoughts on milestone games it seems to be creeping into all leagues this deal of combining all your games Junior and senior levels and claiming you are playing 200 game milestone? I hope the league hit this on the head sooner than latter really cheapens the honour of someone making a genuine milestone.

Love the idea SilverTongue, intrested in others thoughts on milestone games it seems to be creeping into all leagues this deal of combining all your games Junior and senior levels and claiming you are playing 200 game milestone? I hope the league hit this on the head sooner than latter really cheapens the honour of someone making a genuine milestone.
Interesting point Tysonic. Surely it must be senior games!!

I would love to see the GF rotated around other grounds other than Deakin Reserve. Given the rooms at Shepparton are ordinary at best it would need to be about the quality of the ground, parking and catering facilities. Parking is going to be better at all compared to Deakin.

Mooroopna, Kyabram, Tatura, Seymour, Euroa and Rochy off the top of my head. Not sure Princess Park has GF vibes. Don't know much about Benalla and Mansfield. Echuca's surface is ordinary and parking terrible.
I’ve raised it before but football should not be played on grounds who have an east / west aspect .
Deakin , Princess park and Mooroopna all fall into this category .

It’s a load 💩

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to combine parking, changerooms, seating, etc then the standout has to be Mooroopna. Mind you, none of the grounds in the league have good change room facilities. Benalla’s are new but there’s more room in a phone booth. Seymour, Rochester and Euroa have appalling changeroom facilities. Deakin is better than all of them. Kyabram’s rooms are ok and the ground is in good nick all the time. Euroa’s ground would have to be the worst in the league from a surface point of view. A grand final there wouldn’t be ideal. I must admit, I don’t mind the GF being played at Deakin but I wish the local council and the state gov would put some money into a proper rebuild to bring it up to speed. As a spectator its elevated view is ideal from my perspective. Parking and access are a real issue though.

If you want to combine parking, changerooms, seating, etc then the standout has to be Mooroopna. Mind you, none of the grounds in the league have good change room facilities. Benalla’s are new but there’s more room in a phone booth. Seymour, Rochester and Euroa have appalling changeroom facilities. Deakin is better than all of them. Kyabram’s rooms are ok and the ground is in good nick all the time. Euroa’s ground would have to be the worst in the league from a surface point of view. A grand final there wouldn’t be ideal. I must admit, I don’t mind the GF being played at Deakin but I wish the local council and the state gov would put some money into a proper rebuild to bring it up to speed. As a spectator its elevated view is ideal from my perspective. Parking and access are a real issue though.
Kyabram and Tatura comfortably have Deakin covered . Better facilities , better grounds to play on , better parking and the grounds face the right direction from a wind and sun in eyes of players and crowd perspective .

Last edited:
Might have been done to death, but why did GV GF move away from Sunday after AFL GF? Would there be any love for a return to what was traditional timeslot?
Iirc it coincided with afl taking over the GVL . ( like it or not the AFL did take over and do run GVL )
It would be reasonable to assume on that basis a number of things . Namely ,

Tradition of the timing of the GF meant less/ nothing to those running the league .

Was a direction that no grand final was to be played after AFL GF to mitigate any focus being taken off AFL GF .

Those running it wanted afl gf off to get on the 🍻.

Kyabram and Tatura comfortably have Deakin covered . Better facilities , better grounds to play on , better parking and the grounds face the right direction from a wind and sun in eyes of players and crowd perspective .
Tatura’s change rooms are worse than Deakin but it has a great facility in terms of social club and the surface is always good. Plenty of space for parking too.

Think the swans can get over shepp tomorrow. Only 3 points in it last time.
If they win tomorrow Chances of playing finals still remain very very slim but keeps that slight ? On who takes 6th spot right up to the very end.

Must have deteriorated in a hurry .
Deakin’s rooms were shagged 30 years ago .
The visitors rooms at tat are barely big enough to fit all the players in to get changed let alone anyone else or anything else in preparation for a game let alone a grand final. Mooroopna, Kyabram and others including Deakin would be miles ahead of Tatura I think.

The visitors rooms at tat are barely big enough to fit all the players in to get changed let alone anyone else or anything else in preparation for a game let alone a grand final. Mooroopna, Kyabram and others including Deakin would be miles ahead of Tatura I think.

Will the GF move to Echuca when the upgrade there is completed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back