Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking someone from Echuca or Shepparton ... or do they take to many votes off each other.
They will take votes off each other that’s for sure but gee McHale has had a stand out year for the Murray bombers On the other hand Shepp’s Luke smith had a brilliant first half of the season only, I like Hollands year he has really stood out in that shepp side
McHale 1
Holland 2
Trewhella 3

Been enormous for my meowies the big red shed. Grab out the ruck and gain territory operator and just f—— competes. A coaches dream.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

New profile picture Fatman? Looks like me when I’m reading the shit GVL FB page game previews 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be a bigger shit show if true particularly for country kids .
Is that a return to the old days of zones,
I use to love the connection with Melbourne and they would actually invest in our regions with players running clinics
I actually remember the old Melbourne's squads in Shepparton and Seymour and the old Norm Smith squad games of Melbourne metro zone v country zone

Please….. the current set ups a shit show. This can only be better..
‘ Bigger shit show ‘ was conceding it already is a shit show .
U18/19’s aligned directly to AFL clubs or piss it off all together .
100’s of kids and their parents around the state in a comp which is solely for 4-5% of kids to further stake their claim on a AFL list is ridiculous and robbing country footy of those kids .
Those developing kids is what engages communities in local footy clubs .

What it's doing is pushing the aps school footy comp. So unless you get a scholarship from the country or mum and re-mortgage the house you'll be unlikely to be drafted.

Something had to be done with the under 18 comp, you can't have kids training 3 nights a week with travel in country areas and then massive travel for away games, where only a few get drafted. You also can't have a kid setting the world on fire at Mildura in their seniors called in to play for Coburg.

I assume the afl have seen these kids recently play well in the vfl who are likely to be first rounders and thought why not just give them 4 or 5 games there when school commitments allow. It's not for your dusty martin's, who would never get drafted now. Unless vfl clubs have alignments with bendigo (eg bendigo bombers or Murray jangaroos) and play 5 games a year in bendigo or Lavington country kids will miss out. But the afl is an old boys system who don't really care now, as they know the best kids from the country in pathway systems get a scholarship.

I don't think the afl would think to have under 23 interleague once a month as afl curtain raisers for bendigo, gv, ovens and murray, Ballarat hampden, Geelong and Gippsland and those kids who'd be in pios or bushies squads funnelled into those leagues

‘ Bigger shit show ‘ was conceding it already is a shit show .
U18/19’s aligned directly to AFL clubs or piss it off all together .
100’s of kids and their parents around the state in a comp which is solely for 4-5% of kids to further stake their claim on a AFL list is ridiculous and robbing country footy of those kids .
Those developing kids is what engages communities in local footy clubs .
Best post I've ever read. Have been saying it for years. Creates egos and nothing much more.

Is that a return to the old days of zones,
I use to love the connection with Melbourne and they would actually invest in our regions with players running clinics
I actually remember the old Melbourne's squads in Shepparton and Seymour and the old Norm Smith squad games of Melbourne metro zone v country zone
When was the last time a clinic was run? Up here in the GV I can't recall players in schools for a while.

When was the last time a clinic was run? Up here in the GV I can't recall players in schools for a while.

To be fair, there have been clinics ran over recent years. Over the last 20 years, I have taken students to see Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon, Bulldogs, St Kilda and Richmond. Some multiple times. So it does happen, but I do push a bit harder for these opportunities than many of my peers.

Surely talented players can be identified through their respective interleague carnivals, rather than the Bushy/Pios set up.

Anyone read Mortlocks post on the Bendigo thread?? To quote Molly 'do yourself a favour'
Had a look at Echuca flexing their muscles against a disappointing swans outfit in the end just to much class with the likes of Morris / the 2 Reid’s /mchale / Evans ect ect just a terrific footy side .With Shepp demolishing Kyabram today and watching them last week just can’t see any other side standing in the way of a Echuca vs Shepp granny

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back