Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussions previously about “big power forwards “in this thread.
Imho that becomes all too predictable and is too easy to shut down when playing a decent disciplined side.
Note today Echuca had 14 individual goal kickers ,that ,is not too predictable, and not easy to plan against.
Wonder if coaches are watching how hawthorn play and blow presses away with handball and running in waves to open up a side like echuca and their press

There’s no secret that the league hate ky
Every year that I can remember 4th V 5th is on a Sunday, why change this year
If kyabram are pissed you can see why
Mr Brightside runs in Melbourne on Saturday so pretty certain JD will be attending.

Luckily for Euroa they have a Sunday game!

What are the chances? 🤣

Mr Brightside runs in Melbourne on Saturday so pretty certain JD will be attending.

Luckily for Euroa they have a Sunday game!

What are the chances? 🤣
I remember last year Euroa v Moor on the Sunday after Mr Brightside won on the Saturday
Will and JD put a clinic on in the last quarter and won the match for Euroa

Echuca way too strong for the swannies today. Swannies were in front at quarter time and and only a couple kicks down at half time. Swans pressure early had Echuca making uncharacteristic decisions and mistakes. Cream certainly rose to the top in the end though.
Went and had a look at this game also. I thought the swans were fantastic for a half. Just didn’t have the class or fitness Echuca blowing it out after half time. But promising from the swans.

Echuca imo are so far ahead of anyone it’s not funny. Anyone thinking they could get beaten I think are hoping for some competition. They are all class right through the whole club in that matter.

On another note the playing surface at the swans was first rate. As good as any in the competition I think. Big credit to how that’s come back after the floods. Was beautiful

So correct me if wrong finals venues are at Tatura
Mooroopna/ night
Echuca
Kyabram
Seymour and of course perim and granny at Deakin
I believe one of the Finals this year was suppose to be at Mansfield but they sold it off to another club for the highest bid. Who is that club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a guess? Maybe the team that is hosting a home night final 🙃
Ky won by 57 points last time they played Mooroopna. Not sure it holds any fears for them.
Strange decision to schedule the cats at Mooroopna though. Personally I have zero issue with home finals but this one seems a bit random. Couldn’t we just have all higher placed sides host a final?

Ky won by 57 points last time they played Mooroopna. Not sure it holds any fears for them.
Strange decision to schedule the cats at Mooroopna though. Personally I have zero issue with home finals but this one seems a bit random. Couldn’t we just have all higher placed sides host a final?
Will be interesting to see if the league allow ky to host a night final the following week 🤔

Unfortunately the gap between Echuca and the rest has now become something that resembles the flemington straight. Rochester merely beat them earlier in the year with half the squad in Europe and the other half injured. Kyabram, MRP, Rochester and Shepp are all at a similar level and without Echuca the excitment and intensity going into finals would be unrivalled. At what point does the league begin to suffer through pure domination at the top?

Are you suggesting echuca apply for the afls 20th license Thermos?

Footy is a funny game, anything can happen in a grand final, it could pour rain, there could be lightening and the game get called off and echuca are behind.

The message has to be from any finals teams, if they were that good, these echuca players they wouldn't be in the gv.

To beat their press requires high handball usage, run in waves and forward handballs, you can't kick down the lines. High risk, high reward has to be the message against echuca

Are you suggesting echuca apply for the afls 20th license Thermos?

Footy is a funny game, anything can happen in a grand final, it could pour rain, there could be lightening and the game get called off and echuca are behind.

The message has to be from any finals teams, if they were that good, these echuca players they wouldn't be in the gv.

To beat their press requires high handball usage, run in waves and forward handballs, you can't kick down the lines. High risk, high reward has to be the message against echuca

Spot on.

Surprising that people have such short memories in this league.

Within the last 10-20 years, Seymour, Kyabram & Benalla have lost grand finals when they were odds on favourites.

Euroa nearly had Echuca in 2022, and one poor quarter from Kyabram cost them in last year’s decider.

I imagine Shepp, Ky, Mooroopna, Euroa & Rochester would all be quite confident of knocking each other off.

Agree that it will take a lot to beat Echuca, but there’s a heap of us that are positive it can happen.

Unfortunately the gap between Echuca and the rest has now become something that resembles the flemington straight. Rochester merely beat them earlier in the year with half the squad in Europe and the other half injured. Kyabram, MRP, Rochester and Shepp are all at a similar level and without Echuca the excitment and intensity going into finals would be unrivalled. At what point does the league begin to suffer through pure domination at the top?

I don’t reckon Mooroopna’s quite up there with those others. I know they knocked off Rochy recently but every dog has their day and I reckon they’ll be lucky to do any damage in September. Cheers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on.

Surprising that people have such short memories in this league.

Within the last 10-20 years, Seymour, Kyabram & Benalla have lost grand finals when they were odds on favourites.

Euroa nearly had Echuca in 2022, and one poor quarter from Kyabram cost them in last year’s decider.

I imagine Shepp, Ky, Mooroopna, Euroa & Rochester would all be quite confident of knocking each other off.

Agree that it will take a lot to beat Echuca, but there’s a heap of us that are positive it can happen.

I think Shepp Bears is the only team that will able to match Echuca for all 4 quarters. I have watched every team play this season

Name them? I am hearing the exact same thing as what Roar as posted.

I’m hearing there are up to 5 locals that will be out the door next year due to his re appointment.
Also heard freer and Osbourne are going to be co coaches at United next year
Hearing more truth to the Osborne thing than just rumour and more than United having discussions. Some disgruntlement from multiple parties over a few years apparently so not just involving him. Some youth would follow from all accounts.
I’m hearing there are up to 5 locals that will be out the door next year due to his re appointment.
Also heard freer and Osbourne are going to be co coaches at United next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back