Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Why should Echuca be in the ovens and Murray? are you conceding the o and m is a stronger better ran league?
We cannot discredit Echuca on the terrific job they've done to build a sustainable model.
Many clubs in the gv have been powerhouses for multiple years or unbeatable, Seymour, shepp utd, ky, benalla, etc.
Not so long ago Echuca were poor, didn't see anyone making a fuss then...
Echuca is further ahead across all grades than any side I can recall . A 16 goal win in the seniors after winning the reserves , seniors on the back of previous seasons . All this whilst there is a points system in place and I suspect they would be one of the lowest sides point wise going around the GVL and whilst they have numerous 1 point juniors who are playing elsewhere that could potentially make them stronger .

O&M is a vastly stronger better ran league .

Echuca is further ahead across all grades than any side I can recall . A 16 goal win in the seniors after winning the reserves , seniors on the back of previous season . All this whilst there is a points system in place and I suspect they would be one of the lowest sides point wise going around .

O&M is a vastly stronger better ran league .
That might be the case but Echuca are not heading anywhere. Ridiculous for anyone to suggest O and M. If they were to leave, and they're not, it would be to bolster Bendigo.

Why should Echuca be in the ovens and Murray? are you conceding the o and m is a stronger better ran league?
We cannot discredit Echuca on the terrific job they've done to build a sustainable model.
Many clubs in the gv have been powerhouses for multiple years or unbeatable, Seymour, shepp utd, ky, benalla, etc.
Not so long ago Echuca were poor, didn't see anyone making a fuss then...
Jury is out on "stronger", regardless of ins and outs on the day, the interleague result probably answers that. As to which is better run , I don't read the same issues on the O+M thread as I do here and the stream of their GF yesterday show a strong popular product, with a far more even competition.

Jury is out on "stronger", regardless of ins and outs on the day, the interleague result probably answers that. As to which is better run , I don't read the same issues on the O+M thread as I do here and the stream of their GF yesterday show a strong popular product, with a far more even competition.
No I don't think it does count in all honesty. Interleague means very little today. A 1 off game with leagues not producing their best teams? It's all for the administrators to puff out their chests.

Take a good look at the 2 standards, Corowa, would almost play finals in the gv.
Although I would like to very much see a full strength Echuca take in yarra or rovers.

No I don't think it does count in all honesty. Interleague means very little today. A 1 off game with leagues not producing their best teams? It's all for the administrators to puff out their chests.

Take a good look at the 2 standards, Corowa, would almost play finals in the gv.
Although I would like to very much see a full strength Echuca take in yarra or rovers.
I did emphasise both interleague teams were not at their strongest but the result is still the result. I to would like to see a current strength Echuca against a Pigeons/Rovers. Watching yesterday GF makes me want to watch more O+M...and I live in Seymour !!!.

That might be the case but Echuca are not heading anywhere. Ridiculous for anyone to suggest O and M. If they were to leave, and they're not, it would be to bolster Bendigo.
I am well aware of that , but they have the resources and are at a standard which would see them extremely competitive and suited to the O&M .

Wouldn't it be fabulous to see afl vic implement instead of interleague have a champs comp. Most sides who have won flags have signed 90% of their lists already. Have a top 16 clubs play off as afl curtain raisers next year with 100k prize money, so clubs take it fair dinkum.
So you might have echuca v rovers grand final Played at 5 before a night game Saturday night. Would be a great advertisement for grass roots footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back