Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the exodus?
My understanding is the Betson’s both agreed to come back for a set period. I believe both work and live in the Geelong area. Kee Betson actually stayed a year longer than he’d agreed to initially.
My understanding was McCarthy would’ve headed to Ky last year but wanted to try his luck in the GV again at a different club. Was always going back there. They’d be disappointed to lose him after going to the trouble recruiting him.
Rutherford has returned to Melbourne for work and will resume with his former club. Was always a 2 year agreement.
The cats will need to recruit well to stay in the 6 next season as they’re probably 3 of their top 5 players.

Hearing Schache heading to Eastern league(Balwyn possibly).
Josh was set to play Seymour but unfortunately they are unable to compete financially.
Hope he goes well either way.
That's crap really, he's being on an afl list for how many years? How about giving back? He's had plenty of time to find a job outside footy and use the contacts of two vic clubs to set himself up post footy.

Hearing Schache heading to Eastern league(Balwyn possibly).
Josh was set to play Seymour but unfortunately they are unable to compete financially.
Hope he goes well either way.
It's a ridiculous system that allows some major leagues to have more cap room than others. There needs to be equality for all major leagues. The EDFL has a cap of 180k, WRFL 120K, and Geelong 105K. How can clubs compete financially whist this is allowed to happen? Its time that this sort of rubbish is put to bed.

Then again, how many clubs stringently adhere to it?

So many ways around it with the burden of proof meaning AFL Vic or leagues are rarely able to prove a club's level of involvement in things such as third party payments, employment and "gifts" turning up on a player's front doorstep in the dark of night.

Scrap the cap and make points the sole determinant. If clubs try to go on a spending spree to buy a flag, then the restrictions of points will mean they can't go overboard without upsetting players not getting a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then again, how many clubs stringently adhere to it?

So many ways around it with the burden of proof meaning AFL Vic or leagues are rarely able to prove a club's level of involvement in things such as third party payments, employment and "gifts" turning up on a player's front doorstep in the dark of night.

Scrap the cap and make points the sole determinant. If clubs try to go on a spending spree to buy a flag, then the restrictions of points will mean they can't go overboard without upsetting players not getting a game.
I'd think most stay close, but why do metro teams have a larger salary? There's less travel involved, more people live in Melbourne. I agree with ringo it should be metro clubs 100k, geelong, bendigo Ballarat gippsland, hampden oandm 125k.

It's not hard, what's madigan doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back