Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do we think Moama would sit in regard to the GV ladder or other sides? 9-8-7th?
There would undoubtedly be some labor pains initially. Based on their current personal, 9th would be a good result. If they do join, I imagine they would recruit pretty heavily, so they would improve on that. Moama in the GV would be fantastic.

There would undoubtedly be some labor pains initially. Based on their current personal, 9th would be a good result. If they do join, I imagine they would recruit pretty heavily, so they would improve on that. Moama in the GV would be fantastic.
Think every other GV club would be hoping this eventuates. What’s Echuca’s stance?

They've always been a well run club, took them a while to get over the viney appointment, I reckon they'd aim to play finals
Who's Moama best home grown player? Maybe Daniel rankin

Moama would be miles off the top 8 pt so at least right now but given a few years to recruit and junior growth would absolutely be a up and about. Would be benifical to the gvfl for sure I hope it happens.

Could also be of benefit to Echuca United maybe with guys who arnt keen on playing gvfl maybe going over there to continue in the Murray league.

Might beat Tatura or Benalla. But that's it.

That said, with their facilities (way better than Echuca currently) and the right coaching I suspect they might be a powerhouse in 10 years.

Echuca/Moama needs two teams in the GV. The rivalry would be awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Murray league isn't a minor league gents. The gap is as close as its ever being. They would have pushed for the 6 as would echuca reserves
Respectfully Trent, Echuca reserves, despite being a good reserves side, wouldn’t beat a single senior side. Even Tat would have pumped them.
Moama I suspect would have been somewhere between 7-10.
Do you think they’d attract some fridge Echuca seniors who are keen for senior games? Could make things spicy from a recruiting perspective too.

I feel like some of the comments regarding Pendlebury are a bit harsh , he’s been given a great opportunity at an AFL club. I’m not sure he can help the timing.
Yeah spot on. When the AFL calls you answer the phone. I’m sure Euroa would be disappointed but fully understand. At the end of the day leagues like this are pathways for elite competition for both players and coaches.

Might beat Tatura or Benalla. But that's it.

That said, with their facilities (way better than Echuca currently) and the right coaching I suspect they might be a powerhouse in 10 years.

Echuca/Moama needs two teams in the GV. The rivalry would be awesome.
Grandstand is great but it doesn’t make a whole facility .
Ground is Timmy , parking is limited and viewing of netball isn’t great which shouldn’t be ignored .

Grandstand is great but it doesn’t make a whole facility .
Ground is Timmy , parking is limited and viewing of netball isn’t great which shouldn’t be ignored .
The heated rooms were spectacular back in the day, with kicking areas, easily had the best facilities in country footy. The grounds always being that size roar, I'd imagine it's nearly 10k in population now, people want to live in echuca .Moama they've always had the funds, recruiting will never be a problem. Is the velodrome still there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back