Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be too bad if the Murray League are playing their GF at the ground surely?
Council ensures a minimum gate taking which provides security . Additionally i understanding attendance has been as good as anywhere else .
Many MFL people still believe Toc was the best facility that a MFL GF has been held which it was held until they left the MFL .

Last edited:

I agree. Given the relative decrepit state of GV facilities across the board, this can’t be the barrier to admission surely.
Agree shouldn’t be a barrier of admission , however let’s not down sell GV facilities . When considering the whole facility including netball , some are well ahead of Moama .

Why the old Spots club was built away from the oval is one of the great mysteries!
Can only assume it was put so far away in participation of the ground being extended . A missed opportunity which existed well before the touch ground was established to the north . Craziness !

Last edited:
Everyone can breath easier next September. Big Gus Byrne has signed at Noosa. The whisper is there are a couple of others joining him.
Do you think this and the potential entry of Moama changes the landscape?

Personally, I think Moama MUST come into the GV to dry up the phenomenal amount of juniors Echuca are drawing upon. A town the size of Echuca/Moama must have two teams in the GVFL. With a higher salary cap I am certain Moama would recruit appropriately but I am tipping the only club against Moama entering the league will be Echuca.

That said, I am concerned about the health of the Benalla FC.

Do you think this and the potential entry of Moama changes the landscape?

Personally, I think Moama MUST come into the GV to dry up the phenomenal amount of juniors Echuca are drawing upon. A town the size of Echuca/Moama must have two teams in the GVFL. With a higher salary cap I am certain Moama would recruit appropriately but I am tipping the only club against Moama entering the league will be Echuca.

That said, I am concerned about the health of the Benalla FC.
I agree mate but I think Echuca will embrace the local derby. Imagine the crowd on a Good Friday. The joint would be pumping. Under the current rules and regulations Tatura ( without a secondary school) have little hope of improving. Benalla seems to be treading water and might be lucky to keep their head above it.

I agree mate but I think Echuca will embrace the local derby. Imagine the crowd on a Good Friday. The joint would be pumping. Under the current rules and regulations Tatura ( without a secondary school) have little hope of improving. Benalla seems to be treading water and might be lucky to keep their head above it.
Not sure the lack of secondary school will be the reason for Tats lack of future improvement. Having a secondary school doesn't always guarantee player numbers.
Their junior program in the U14s and 16s have shown great signs in recent years.
Granted the fruits of this are 5 years away, but it's a starting point.

We need moama in the gv, it would help us all! And it wouldn’t take them long to be competitive as they’d drag from Echuca, but let’s not be fooled, there’s a massive gap in standard between the gv and Murray league.
The gap between Echuca and the rest of the GVFL has been massive , the top couple of Murray league teams would be more than competitive against most other sides in GV. The lower sides would get beat.

Not sure the lack of secondary school will be the reason for Tats lack of future improvement. Having a secondary school doesn't always guarantee player numbers.
Their junior program in the U14s and 16s have shown great signs in recent years.
Granted the fruits of this are 5 years away, but it's a starting point.
Having a high school doesn’t provide a guarantee of players numbers , but not having one has kids you’ve had in juniors being exposed and enticed to play elsewhere . A Tat kid going to school in Shepp is always going to thrush the lure of playing within a Shepp based u18’s side .

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back