Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

Geez you Rochy people love each other and youselves. Good to see the ECHUCABOY jumping in on the act too. Thought that teams that play each other as close as you blokes, would hate each others guts???
Might be why footballs turning soft now days, too many people being nice and not wanting to offend anyone!
ur a lump of ____.. offendded? haha

I'm sure most clubs could say the same. Most sides would have 10 players to come through the thirds, its not that big a deal!

How about if you add Tim Bubb, Matt Hyden, Scott Hann, Matt Letcher as regulars (have played every game in the seniors this year thus far), Chris McCarty who is coming back from overseas to play for the second half of the season, Jay Spizzica, Matt Haitsma and Daniel Cavallaro who have all played seniors football this year. Is that enough locals in the senior team for you? Thats 14 playing week in week out and another 4 who play fairly regularly. I couldn't imagine there'd be many other sides in the gvfl with such a large base of locals playing in their senior team. I'm pretty sure I just proved that you're a moron with no idea champ

Geez you Rochy people love each other and youselves. Good to see the ECHUCABOY jumping in on the act too. Thought that teams that play each other as close as you blokes, would hate each others guts???
Might be why footballs turning soft now days, too many people being nice and not wanting to offend anyone!
Whats not to love? Do you have to have an opinion about everything buddy? And if so can you get it right for once instead of just continuously making yourself look like a d ick head?

Looks like you were wrong here bundy, he got off with a reprimand!:D

Anyone know how everyone else went at the tribunal??
Doesn't surprise me. Warburton does play for a Shepparton team. And I guess his name wasn't Saad!!!

So who are these 6 top players to come back in? What about swans, did they have many missing? Who?
Let's see..........Jeff Anderson, Peter King, Cameron Gillett, Adam Reid, Mitch Ellis, Saad and should have been Luke Stevenson, but unfortunately he is out for the year........As for who was missing from the Shepp Swans??.......I don't give a rats arse mate!!!!!!

I'm sure most clubs could say the same. Most sides would have 10 players to come through the thirds, its not that big a deal!

It is a big deal when you throw out a lame and incorrect assumption in an attempt to darken the clubs name. The truth has been handed to you and you look like a clown.

Better clear something up seems I started this conversation. I was not talking about him getting dropped to the reserves, I was talking about getting dropped from Kyabram altogether. Word is that Dirty is fed up with his shi* attitude as well as being so lazy. Hope that clears up what I meant.

Sorry mate misinterpreted it:thumbsu: I don't know why dirty fell for him?

Echuca 22.13 (145) v Mansfield 9.7 (61)
Shepparton Swans 18.15 (123) v Shepparton 8.10 (58)
Mooroopna v Seymour
Kyabram 17.13 (115) v Euroa 12.15 (87)
Shepparton United 13.10 (88) v Rochester 14.11 (95)
Tatura 10.5 (65) v Benalla 18.16 (124)

Good wins from Echuca, Rochy and Benalla, but Ky over Euroa - what happened there? Well done to Ky, must rate as a really good win. What is going on with Euroa?

Echuca 22.13 (145) v Mansfield 9.7 (61)
Shepparton Swans 18.15 (123) v Shepparton 8.10 (58)
Mooroopna v Seymour
Kyabram 17.13 (115) v Euroa 12.15 (87)
Shepparton United 13.10 (88) v Rochester 14.11 (95)
Tatura 10.5 (65) v Benalla 18.16 (124)

Good wins from Echuca, Rochy and Benalla, but Ky over Euroa - what happened there? Well done to Ky, must rate as a really good win. What is going on with Euroa?

No doubt that Euroaare the most disapointing team in the comp whilst Echuca have suddenly become a real contender. Echuca have beaten Seymour and Mansfield and only lost to Moooopna by a bit over a kick.

With this win can ky be labelled as a real chance for finals? i see they are only 4pts out of the 6 so with the remaining games for the season do u see them knocking off some of those sides above them?

With this win can ky be labelled as a real chance for finals? i see they are only 4pts out of the 6 so with the remaining games for the season do u see them knocking off some of those sides above them?

No-I think eams they might have Seymour at seymour and I can't see them getting near the Lions who will be smarting from their loss. From all reports they still have 5-6 quality players to come back and they will beat Ky by about 10goals. Ky will not play finals this year-maybe 2009

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it 2 weeks ago about Ky and got shot down. They need to beat a few top teams to have any chance but if they do could squeeze a spot.
Ky should be happy with the improvement on the field as they are starting to gain respect again.
I think the Ladder is starting to look like
Mooroopna
Seymour
Rochester
Echuca
Swans

On 6th positon Mansfield, United and Ky are looking likely to battle it out.
i'd back mansfield based on current form at present. anyone else want to guess?

Said it 2 weeks ago about Ky and got shot down. They need to beat a few top teams to have any chance but if they do could squeeze a spot.
Ky should be happy with the improvement on the field as they are starting to gain respect again.
Mooroopna
Seymour
Rochester
Echuca
Swans

Euroa still a huge chance to make finals...

Carl & Dean Moon, Perry & Kahl Oliver, Anthony McPhee, Dylan Cuttriss, Sam Williams, Ash Watson, Nathan Whipp, Steve Rasmussen...10 players that all came through the thirds. Should I continue?

The Kyabram side on the weekend consisted of:

Locals: Chambers, Josh Vick, McCormick, Pryde, Coventry, Brad Edwards, Thomson, Deledio, Brad Vick, Paul Newman, Coulstock, Dave Newman, Ryan Edwards, Hanson, Atkins, Gorman, Croxford & Warren.

As they said 10 locals is nothing to write home about. Kyabram had 18 and I am sure that a few other GV clubs would have similar numbers to that.

Non Local: Withers, Singh & Calma-Holt

It seems as though the Bombers are in a rebuilding phase and I wish them good luck in their rise up the ladder again in years to follow.

The story at the moment is Mooroopna. Just ticking along nicely and taking things one game at a time. Would have been good to have Seymour at full strength for the game on the weekend. You pay your $8 per week just to watch Saad run around and perform his craft.

No doubt we will face off again before seasons end.

:thumbsu:

Euroa still a huge chance to make finals...

I reckon Euroa are on the edge of falling off and away. Injuries havent helped but evryone has those at present.
Should have beaten Ky and have opened the door. Euroa have to start beating teams above them and have plenty of chances in the remaining rounds based on ladder position at present. As stated I dont think they can get there.

Bombers take time to warm to their task
Kyabram won its fourth game for the Goulburn Valley Football League season on Saturday, wearing down Euroa after a slow start to keep its finals hopes flickering.
Bombers coach David Williams described it as a season-defining game for both sides and was naturally happy with how his young charges recovered from a sluggish start to finally post a 28-point win.
Euroa could have almost had Kyabram beyond the point of no return early in the game, squandering many scoring opportunities as dashing Top End recruits Relton Roberts and Rowan Bonson, skipper Shane Clayton and the busy Cameron Thyer kick-started the fleet-footed visitors.
With goal-kicking ace Mark Jansz booting two first-quarter goals and seemingly in for another productive game, the Bombers had their backs well and truly to the wall.
But the Bombers worked their way back into the game with Zane Coventry's move to the ruck and Jethro Calma-Holt's shift onto Jansz proving a turning point in the game for the home side.
This, coupled with the efforts of the experienced and inspirational Linc Withers and Chris Atkins and winger Matt Deledio in particular and the determined efforts of its prolific young brigade, enabled Kyabram to turn the momentum.
With tall youngster James Coulstock snaring three first-half goals in an attack that was struggling against the Euroa defence led by Matt Mills, Andrew Doxey and Klay Giovannini, Kyabram had evened up the scores by half-time.
And the Bombers allowed Euroa just one goal for 35 minutes in the second half as they took control of the game.
At one stage midway through the last term the Bombers had surged to a six-goal lead, but goals from Roberts and Scott Grainger (two) narrowed the difference to just two goals halfway through the quarter.
But with Paul Newman and David Newman, Atkins and Balraj Singh stepping up to kick late goals, the Bombers were able to fend off Euroa's attempted fightback.
The Newmans have had better games, but still made a valuable contribution with seven goals between them.
Kyabram derived a lot of positives out of the game, with Singh appreciating his move into the ruck and being freed up to roam in the forward line, Deledio producing his best game for the season, and former captain Scotty McCormack starting to find some touch in the back half.
And its prolific young brigade led by impressive defender Michael Pryde, the determined Steve Thomson, fearless debutant Tom Warren and Brad Edwards again stood up under pressure when it was needed.

Worthy of position
In arguably its best win since claiming the 1986 Goulburn Valley Football League premiership, Mooroopna set itself aside from the competition with a 54-point win against Seymour on Saturday.
The Cats emphatically won the battle of reigning premier and number-one contender at Mooroopna Recreation Reserve, 18.13 (121) to 10.7 (67).
The victory gives Mooroopna a two-game cushion at the top of the ladder on nine wins and no losses; Seymour is now tied with Rochester in second place on seven wins and two losses.
A seven-goal haul from forward Craig Whelan was Mooroopna's spark, his three-goal burst in the second term helping the Cats turn a quarter-time deficit into a 17-point half-time lead.
The Cats extended their lead against the wind in the third quarter, then cashed in as Seymour heads fell in the last as they kicked six goals to two.
Trent Freer and a host of rotations tagged Seymour's normally dominant midfielder Paul Scanlon, keeping him off the scoreboard just a week after kicking four against Shepparton Swans.
Mooroopna's forward line converted when it counted, Marcus Dean and Robert Osborne giving Seymour's backline multiple headaches as they kicked three goals each.
Jake Anderson was the Lions' shining light with four goals and a host of contested marks.
But the half-forward received little support inside forward 50 with Mooroopna's Kane Boyer and Michael Barca repelling a host of attacks.
Whelan's goals were typically from contested marks or on the lead, the forward offering a more prominent target than his height suggested.
Fellow Heidelberg recruits Russell Lee and Marcus Dean enjoyed plenty of the ball in the Cats' win.
``It's great to get a bag and help the boys to what was an important win,'' Whelan said.
``Settling in at Mooroopna has been pretty easy with the other Heidelberg boys around and we've been made to feel like part of the club straightaway.
``I've been itching to kick a bag and everything clicked in the midfield and forward line today.''

Four-quarter effort is rewarded
Peter White has described Shepparton Swans' 65-point win against Shepparton on Saturday as its first four-quarter effort of the Goulburn Valley Football League season.
Determined to atone for last week's disappointing showing in their grand final rematch against Seymour, the Swans won their fourth straight match against the Bears, 18.15 (123) to 8.10 (58).
``We had a pretty big week in terms of the boys having a look at themselves after last week's loss,'' Swans coach White said.
``The players' attitude was much better than it was last week and they showed a lot of character to respond the way they did.''
Both sides squandered easy shots on goal in the first term which resulted in the Swans leading 3.6 to 2.6 at quarter-time.
Swans spearhead Glenn Dundovic missed his first three set shots, while at the other end Ben Kelly had the better of Lochlan Veale but failed to kick a goal.
Typical of Shepparton's season, simple skill errors by hand and foot cost it and the Swans capitalised.
Kane Uebergang slotted a goal after the half-time siren to put the Swans 21 points up at the main break.
Ten goals to three in the second half ensured the Swans got up for Jarrod Sutherland in his 200th game.
Captain Brett Warburton, vice-captain Nathan Bell, Lucas White and the Best brothers _ Hayden and Jarrod _ racked up possessions with ease in the midfield for the Swans and delivered the ball into attack with precision.
Dundovic finished the afternoon with five goals and was the most productive forward on the ground, while Jason Wells, Chris Cullinan and Simon Thorsen kicked two goals apiece for Shepparton.
Youngster Lloyd Harriott played the best senior game of his career across half-back and was one of few Bears who used the ball smartly when he got it.
Dylan Ayton and Simon Davies played for Shepparton on permit from VFL side Bendigo Bombers, but had little impact on the game.
Shane Sali looks likely to miss at least three games after straining his hamstring early in the third quarter.
It's a case of bad luck for the tall forward, who was playing his first game back after injuring a hamstring back in round six against Rochester.

Finals in their sights
Echuca took a major step towards Goulburn Valley Football League finals action as it hammered Mansfield to the tune of 84 points on Saturday.
The Murray Bombers now share fourth spot with Shepparton Swans on six wins and three losses; Mansfield sits sixth as the only team in the league with a five-win, four-loss record.
A gritty contest broke open after quarter-time with Echuca's star midfielders Colin Durie and Adrian Dohnt dominating the stoppages and giving the Murray Bombers' forward line quality service.
While Durie kicked three goals of his own, Brad Smith led the rout with seven majors.
Rick Saunders was Mansfield's leading goal-kicker with three, while Fraser Stevenson and Ross Hopkins were the Eagles' better players.
``It wasn't a day for the tall players in either team, and that was down to the one-on-one pressure across the ground,'' Echuca coach Steven Orr said.
``Mansfield put numbers back early in the game and we took some time to capitalise on the possession we had and the ball being almost entirely in our attacking half.''
Sean Murphy provided the goal of the day when he slotted a tough shot from the boundary line in the final quarter.
But Echuca's win was soured by losing Chris Casey to a broken collarbone.
``We've got to wait on the outcome of scans, but it's likely to be six to eight weeks,'' Orr said.
``There were five players I want to earn a spot in the senior team playing in the reserves, so I feel we have the depth to cover in his absence.''
Orr said he was pleased his team had kept its focus at three-quarter-time, raining down nine goals to five in the last term.
``We've had a lot of close wins, but not been in the position to really get on top and finish off a side,'' Orr said.

Saints score a second victory
Benalla picked up a successive Goulburn Valley Football League victory with a 59-point win over Tatura.
Saturday's game was still up for grabs at the final change, but Benalla banged on eight goals to one in the final stanza to run away with it, 18.16 (124) to 10.5 (65).
``We had a little bit of a breeze which made it a bit easier for us,'' Saints coach Tim Symes said.
``We had an average third quarter where we didn't use the ball well, but we still had a lead and I was confident we could stay in front with the wind.''
Benalla kicked a wasteful 2.6 in the opening term and its inaccuracy was Tatura's fortune as it grabbed a two-point buffer at quarter-time.
Its lead was turned into a four-goal deficit by half-time courtesy of a 6.2 to 2.0 second quarter by Benalla.
A resurgent Tatura started to win the centre clearances after half-time and it bridged the gap to two goals by the final change.
However, kicking against the breeze in the last proved too tall an order as Benalla finished over the top of it to prevail.
Ricky Symes showed no signs of a groin injury that had kept him out of Benalla's senior side since round three as he kicked six goals; Mark McKenzie bagged four.
Paul Neville (three goals) and Shane Mulladad (two) were Tatura's only multiple goal-kickers.
Brett Cooper dominated in the ruck to be best afield, Richard Bull was damaging across half-back, and Rowan Priest and James Rockliff found plenty of ball in the midfield.
Brenden Keast, Jayce O'Neill and Neville were Tatura's best.
Benalla is beginning to build some momentum which Symes hopes can keep going.
``We've got a week off then we play Rochester which will be a big game because they're a top-four side,'' Symes said.

Late attack sees Rochester through
Rochester has overcome a sluggish start to beat off a dogged Shepparton United by seven points at Deakin Reserve in Goulburn Valley Football League on Saturday.
Ben Deuscher started the game in an uncustomary role at full-forward as he went into the game slightly sore in his legs.
What he might have lacked in his usual leg speed he made up for with his footy smarts and ability to read the play as he had a couple of shots early.
Unfortunately he failed to convert as United kicked the only three goals of the first quarter to lead by 18 points at quarter-time.
United continued to dictate terms in the second, pushing Rochester wide towards the grandstand side of the ground and not allowing it to move the ball quickly into the corridor.
Trailing by two goals at the half, Rochester coach Daniel Schmidt was wary of the influence Matt Forys was having on the game and switched Kahl Oliver onto him at the expense of Carl Moon.
Clint Whitsed made his mark on the contest with three third-quarter goals as Rochester took the lead by a point going into the final term.
United regained the lead early in the last as both sides went flat out into attack to try to break the game apart.
Rochester was able to kick the next three goals to give itself a two-goal buffer and some breathing space deep into the final quarter.
It would prove the difference as the Tigers held on, 14.11 (95) to 13.10 (88).
``We came off a physical match the week before against Kyabram and the boys were left a bit flat-footed in the first quarter,'' Schmidt said.
``Our strengths are moving the ball quickly through the corridor, but we kept getting sucked wide to the Numurkah end of the ground and it played into United's hands.
``Once we adjusted and started to play like we wanted to, we started to look better and it was a good test for us to see how we'd react to a bit of pressure.''
Whitsed bobbed up again with two majors in the last to finish with five, while Matt Letcher was Rochester's only other multiple goal-kicker with two.
Forys played a lone hand up forward for United with seven goals and appeared dangerous every time he got the ball in his hands.
Ash Watson read the play brilliantly in the centre and at stoppages and broke the lines with his dash in a best afield performance.
Dean Moon and Dylan Cuttriss gave him great support in the engine room, while Zac Anderson, Tyson Sidebottom and Forys were United's best.

I reckon Euroa are on the edge of falling off and away. Injuries havent helped but evryone has those at present.
Should have beaten Ky and have opened the door. Euroa have to start beating teams above them and have plenty of chances in the remaining rounds based on ladder position at present. As stated I dont think they can get there.
Who cares what youve already said?
It wasnt worth the read before and it isnt now!
Any chance of reposting the many things youve got wrong?

Unlike yourself I do get things wrong. Although I seem to remember you dont get much right at all. Like the last couple of things posted one nut.

Obviously you crawled out of the Hovel Josef. What you been doing for 2 weeks? Your sister? I am pretty sure I am right on this one.

Are you seriously a chance of posting anything about football yourself. Do you understand the concept of blogs and forums for opinions?

Post something worthwhile and once again I have banned myself from responding to you as you dont warrant a reply. I await your greatness in regards to posting a response.

Just a quick word(if anyone cares) with my Seymour hat off on how impressed i was with Mooroopna on the w/end and in particular one Craig Whelan. While FULLY aware of our missing players on the day it would seem that the cats are the real deal, any thoughts ?:)

Mooroopna
Seymour
Rochester
Echuca
Swans

Interesting that you would take Shepp United over Euroa. Personaly I couldnt see either Euroa or Shepp United having a chance of making the finals.
Mooroopna-easly favorites cant see them losing a game P&C too big and strong for most sides, may be pushed but will find enough to win.
Seymour-will finish 2nd in great danger of going out in straight sets, too many outs and I cant se them finding enough form to beat Mooroopna or Rochester.
Rochester-in perfect position to go bang bang into a GF, will be better for them to finish 3rd than 2nd and if they do finish 3rd they will be worth a bet.
Shepp Swans-are falling more and more each week, need to find some form but going on 2nds for they dont have the depth, will slip but not out of the top 5
Echuca-smokies will take 4th spot on the ladder but I dont know if their better than that, will make the prelim
Mansfield-cant see them making the finals but will win a few games, I just think Ky will take their spot.

Kyabram-will win enough games to make finals but then who knows, maybe they can find enough form to be a challenger or maybe not, they do have the talent and the coach to push them.
Euroa-not good enough to seriously challenge the good sides
Shepp United-dito
Benalla-not good enough
Shepparton-dito
Tatura-will be a long year and next
As the ladder stands now. On form Echuca to move up a spot and Swans down. The only other change is for Ky to move in and Mansfield out of the six.
Mooroopna to beat Rochester in a close Grand Final. Will be one of the better GF's for years with plent of hard football. When it comes down to playing for "sheep stations" their the two teams for me but Im not sure about Echuca.

Interesting that you would take Shepp United over Euroa. Personaly I couldnt see either Euroa or Shepp United having a chance of making the finals.
Mooroopna-easly favorites cant see them losing a game P&C too big and strong for most sides, may be pushed but will find enough to win.
Seymour-will finish 2nd in great danger of going out in straight sets, too many outs and I cant se them finding enough form to beat Mooroopna or Rochester.
Rochester-in perfect position to go bang bang into a GF, will be better for them to finish 3rd than 2nd and if they do finish 3rd they will be worth a bet.
Shepp Swans-are falling more and more each week, need to find some form but going on 2nds for they dont have the depth, will slip but not out of the top 5
Echuca-smokies will take 4th spot on the ladder but I dont know if their better than that, will make the prelim
Mansfield-cant see them making the finals but will win a few games, I just think Ky will take their spot.

Kyabram-will win enough games to make finals but then who knows, maybe they can find enough form to be a challenger or maybe not, they do have the talent and the coach to push them.
Euroa-not good enough to seriously challenge the good sides
Shepp United-dito
Benalla-not good enough
Shepparton-dito
Tatura-will be a long year and next
As the ladder stands now. On form Echuca to move up a spot and Swans down. The only other change is for Ky to move in and Mansfield out of the six.
Mooroopna to beat Rochester in a close Grand Final. Will be one of the better GF's for years with plent of hard football. When it comes down to playing for "sheep stations" their the two teams for me but Im not sure about Echuca.

Personally, i will sit in the Lions corner-they have more room for improvement than the others. The darkhorse is Echuca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back