Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

Was a lot of talk from the Shepp Swans people this time last year. Seems they will be up there again. Have they finally moved Sutherland into a nursing home so that they have more of a chance this year. Speed will be the one thing working against them when the weather warms up.

Haha handled the barrage well there, fairly amusing comebacks.....can clarify Phantom is not CD. Has done some good work on the Carlton board of late.....some of it included comparing Fev to his Girlfriend...was quite humerous Purpleman

Haha handled the barrage well there, fairly amusing comebacks.....can clarify Phantom is not CD. Has done some good work on the Carlton board of late.....some of it included comparing Fev to his Girlfriend...was quite humerous Purpleman
and for that i thank you, was starting to panic about the CD tag, please no mention of the fev stuff around my girlfriend, she still dont understand.

Good point!
Are you being funny or are you really that stupid. I called him a toss bag because hew was making stories up to proove an argument. Its not that I dont get abrupt towards people, its why. Posting nonsense deserves criticism.

I wasn't making up stories. I was using examples, which I clearly stated at the time. You were not smart enough at the time to realise this, and it appears that little has changed.

You don't abuse people? Why did you get banned a little while ago?

Either tell us your 'rumour' (which you obviously made up considering how much you despise Rochester) or STFU.

You'll probably have another sook now? You often do when people pick on you. You poor little diddum.

Good point!
Are you being funny or are you really that stupid. I called him a toss bag because hew was making stories up to proove an argument. Its not that I dont get abrupt towards people, its why. Posting nonsense deserves criticism.

Our friend brad gave some hypothetical examples to make his argument about player payments.

You just just jumped on him cause you wanted to stir shit.

The love fest comment was in relation to the post's by a couple of Echuca and Rochester posters sucking up to each other a while back!
Trouble at Rochester is waht I heard and I was only asking the question. It was someone else who seemed to get carried away. I stand by my comments on Rochester and have heard that there is something going on with the coach.

But carried away is what i do best ,Perhaps I should have read a little further back to get the gist of what you were on about . But who's got the time for that . Problems at tigerland you say , surely Lenny isn't the problem .

euroa gun relton roberts has flew back to darwin tonight and wont be returning. big loss for the club both aboriginal boys now gone. reason why is cause he tore his hamstring physio thinks minimun six weeks and the club isnt paying him while injured and just cant afford to live

euroa gun relton roberts has flew back to darwin tonight and wont be returning. big loss for the club both aboriginal boys now gone. reason why is cause he tore his hamstring physio thinks minimun six weeks and the club isnt paying him while injured and just cant afford to live

Does the Gv footy League or VCFL hold any responsibility against injury and loss of income as this hamstring would have had to be done at the country championhips wouldnt it?
If this is his only source of income seems a bit rough. how old is he and is he draftable as heard he stood up at the CC at Shep.

Big loss for Euroa. Euroa would have no chance to make the finals now.
Will 1 win be enough for Rochester to keep their spot in the top six?

Does the Gv footy League or VCFL hold any responsibility against injury and loss of income as this hamstring would have had to be done at the country championhips wouldnt it?
If this is his only source of income seems a bit rough. how old is he and is he draftable as heard he stood up at the CC at Shep.
If your going to be a professional football you probably need to put a bit more thought into where and for who you play!
Also sound like a contract may be an issue as well.

Any truth to the rumour that the Rochy coach might be moved on?
Im of the understanding there is trouble at your dissapointing football club.

Im told that not all players have warmed to the new coach. Rochy people say its all roses but thats not what Im told.

Trouble at Rochester is waht I heard and I was only asking the question. It was someone else who seemed to get carried away. I stand by my comments on Rochester and have heard that there is something going on with the coach.

This rumour has gone from Lenny being moved on, to not all players warming to him to something going on with him.

Cellar dweller, how can you write such crap without giving any specifics? You only brought this story up when a couple of the Rochy posters had a go at your intelligence, and each time you mention it you take a bit of the mayo off.

Either stop writing crap or piss off.

If your going to be a professional football you probably need to put a bit more thought into where and for who you play!
Also sound like a contract may be an issue as well.

Unless you're playing in the AFL there won't be too many contracts drawn where you are paid when injured. So I would doubt there's a contract issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy this week on FM 98.5

Saturday 2nd August
Benalla vs Mansfield
LISTEN LIVE 1pm - 5pm

Sunday 3rd August
Euroa vs Seymour
LISTEN LIVE 1:30pm - 5pm

Bugger. :( It just highlites how hard it is to recruit players from outside the regional areas, and with limited employment op's to keep them when an injury hits.Bad luck to Putta and the lads, but they wont have thrown the towell in just yet.

Bugger. :( It just highlites how hard it is to recruit players from outside the regional areas, and with limited employment op's to keep them when an injury hits.Bad luck to Putta and the lads, but they wont have thrown the towell in just yet.
Goes to show they have now wasted their money!!! Better to use that money to bring your juniors through at your club. If he wasn't working in the town and was getting paid to play he probably wasn't contributing much to the town. Have little sympathy for the likes of Euroa and Ky who have gone down this track. Be interesting to see how many of these "Fly ins" are around next year or when their club can't afford to pay the "Locals"...just a thought.:rolleyes:

What a shame for the league to lose a drawcard like him. Was looking forward to seeing him in action on Sunday. The question must be asked though, are these Darwin recruits really worthwhile in the long run? Have they been a success in the GVFL in the past?

LISTEN LIVE - FM 98.5

http://www.fm985.com.au/listenlive.html

FM_985_Logo_Colour_version_Small-1.jpg

Trevor Byers, Wes Cusworth, Graeme Byrnes, Ray 'Daffy' Lamaro & John 'JR Ryan

Benalla v Mansfield - LIVE Saturday from 1pm

Euroa v Seymour - LIVE Sunday from 1:30pm

Goes to show they have now wasted their money!!! Better to use that money to bring your juniors through at your club. If he wasn't working in the town and was getting paid to play he probably wasn't contributing much to the town. Have little sympathy for the likes of Euroa and Ky who have gone down this track. Be interesting to see how many of these "Fly ins" are around next year or when their club can't afford to pay the "Locals"...just a thought.:rolleyes:

Clubs like Euroa and Ky have plenty of locals who come up through the juniors.

But have a think about it - is a town the size of Euroa or Mansfield going to be able to source all their players from inside the town?

Even the big towns like Echuca occasionally recruit players to the club but population means of course they won't have to recruit quite as many. And when players like Craig Sholl end up there because of business it doesn't hurt either. Sometimes you need to think a bit more outside your own little world.

This is an age old story, regurgitated again and it gets a bit tiresome and the naive posts keep rolling in.

Echuca Boy,does Sue and Steve(Mum and Dad) actually allow you to post here?
Sue(mum) wears the pants in the household,and poor old Steve(dad)is non-assertive and still rolls with the flow huh?
Give me a response from the Brown household.

RIP

Money does not develope juniors.

You obviously have little idea of the population of Euroa and the amount of under 18 males who play football. A lot less than Echuca, so they do have very little to work with.
I am interested as to how you use money to bring your juniors through? apart from Auskick, Junior development, clinics, bus trips etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back