Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euroa knocks Seymour off at home wow

Yep, Seymour had a few out but full credit to Euroa who played with more purpose and passion, the Lions just weren't switched on, maybe they didn't give their opponents the respect they deserved. Most disappointing "effort" seen from a Seymour side at Kings Park for many years. A test of character next week at Echuca for sure, time for some of the kids to step up.
Scott Watson (BOG) showed what a bit bit of experience and football smarts can do when the game is there to be won!
Saad 10 goals out of 12 not a bad effort:thumbsu

Echuca V Seymour and Benalla V Shepp become very important games. Heard Swans only had 4 players turn up for the reserves and forfeited:eek:

Ringo, after seeing Mansfield first hand on the weekend do you rate them as a serious threat to the premiership. They have a pretty good run home and should finish top 3.

Any news on the turn out of shane crawford for mansfield on satuday in the researves. Did he turn up, did he play, did he smash them???

HA! FBP what a man, dont know where ANT JESS ended up, possibly in the TAB or on the Blue Bus, good to see some of the originals still floating about, being out of the GVFL comp for a while now has certainly slowed things for some of the old guys, Eric Bottom was quite funny......

Don't think you'll be seeing R.Kirkby, has had a very good year from his...i mean all reports. If he plays next year he'll notch up a hundred games at Glenelg, which is a fair effort...

In terms of the other guys, there are certainly whispers and the Echuca FC know that the past players of all levels love the club and there decisions not to play in Echuca are not reflective of the Club at all and its more a personal/travel thing for a lot of the guys.

I'm sure the majority of the guys will get back to Echuca at some stage and put something back into the club that did so much for them as juniors.

In saying that, unlike Rochesterites, people in Echuca like to go onto bigger things and further themselves and experience football and life in different parts of the world, country and state rather than all gravitate back to the thriving metropolis that is Rochester.

Rochester, why go else where when you can be no where?

Further themselves by trying to get everyday citizens excited about the boating trade? Even Ant Jess has higher ambitions and fulfilled life goals than that!!!

Further themselves by trying to get everyday citizens excited about the boating trade? Even Ant Jess has higher ambitions and fulfilled life goals than that!!!

Ohhh took your time.....did you have to print it out and show it to someone who can actually read and then get that same person to turn your computer on for you.....I don't know who you are talking about because that certainly isn't what I am doing...

How is your 6th year of uni by the way?

Ringo, after seeing Mansfield first hand on the weekend do you rate them as a serious threat to the premiership. They have a pretty good run home and should finish top 3.

Definitely a big chance to play off-I thought previous to the weekend that Ky might be in front of them and I'm not so sure now. They have 6-7 players that have been or are in the AFL system and they have enormous body strength. They basically won the game in two ten minute bursts. We actually gained some momentum in the 3rd 1/4 to almost be back in the game but they just flicked the switch. Herridge, Geishan, Hopkins,Armstrong, Van Der Klooster etc,etc are all brilliant link players. My only question would be their high possession game in the wet but on a dry deakin they will push it.

My only question would be their high possession game in the wet but on a dry deakin they will push it.

Rochy began playing a high possession game at the start of last year. Admittedly I wasn't a great fan of it, but they it worked for them. It can be nerve-wrecking as a supporter though!

Euroa beating Seymour was a big result. Now Seymour and Shepparton are both on seven wins.

Shepparton have Benalla, Kyabram, Euroa, Seymour.
Seymour have Echuca, Tatura, Swans, Shepparton.

The final round could possibly decide who gets sixth. I think teams would be a lot more worried about Seymour in the finals, especially if Scanlon comes back.

Just out of curiosity. If the Bushies happen to not make the finals or bow out in the first week, which GV teams will regain players. I know Ky will get back 3 very good players in Mangan, Pryde and Ogden. Seymour will get Lorraine who would be huge plus with Scanlon.
What about the other sides, Tat, Mooroopna and Mansfield.

Just out of curiosity. If the Bushies happen to not make the finals or bow out in the first week, which GV teams will regain players. I know Ky will get back 3 very good players in Mangan, Pryde and Ogden. Seymour will get Lorraine who would be huge plus with Scanlon.
What about the other sides, Tat, Mooroopna and Mansfield.

I reckon that would just about pull it up. Mansfield also had the successful return of Storer to the reserves and Mensh didnt play. Mensh could be a big risk on a dry track at deakin and will be lacking more fitness now that he has missed a few. Simon Hart is very impressive as a full forward.

Split round predictions

BENALLA V SHEPPARTON-an upset but will beat Shepp by 11 points
SWANS V MANSFIELD-75 points
ECHUCA V SEYMOUR-17 points

I havent had a chance to watch Echuca play this season, so is any1 able to tell me how they go with on field discipline? i did see there coach play at the latter end of his career and discipline wasnt one of his strong points! has it rubbed off on his playing group? thoughts anyone?

Split round predictions

BENALLA V SHEPPARTON-an upset but will beat Shepp by 11 points
SWANS V MANSFIELD-75 points
ECHUCA V SEYMOUR-17 points

turn it up... Echuca? Seymour may have shown a softer side to Euroa last week but surely someone else could trouble the scoreboard this week other than saad... maybe colbert after getting a touch up by a 40y old might stand up but who knows?
Shepp... could they stop embarrising Barge... for how long can they give the same vote card to his old man... surely the club could stop embarrising him with the votes every weekend... yes we are aware that he is old, selfish and either too fat to make the grade or there is no one else pushing for senior selection... or my claim of Toohey snr getting the card is on the mark... get fair dinkum...
Euroa saga... of cause you need to re apply puta! lets be honest constitution is constitution, the fact that you aren't playing finals and half your side qualify for super rules should stand to reason that no individual is bigger than a side or club... unless your old man has a vote card hey barge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent had a chance to watch Echuca play this season, so is any1 able to tell me how they go with on field discipline? i did see there coach play at the latter end of his career and discipline wasnt one of his strong points! has it rubbed off on his playing group? thoughts anyone?

yes you are right Luke-I spent way too much time getting you and your big mouth out of trouble:D. No doubt that you have settled down now that you have found the love of your life serving the tables of La Porchetta;)

Can anyone give me some info on Calum Curtis-McDonald. I believe he played GVFL in recent years but is now playing in a lower league in the area.

Anyone know this year's finals venues?

Does it still work on the rotation system brad?? Otherwise I think that Euroa's ground is looking magnificent atm and should host a final. But yeah its nearly the end of the season so an announcement should be made soon you would think

Does it still work on the rotation system brad?? Otherwise I think that Euroa's ground is looking magnificent atm and should host a final. But yeah its nearly the end of the season so an announcement should be made soon you would think

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they still rotate it, although Deakin or Mooroopna usually have the preliminary final.

Last year Kyabram and Tatura had a final. I can't remember which other venues had finals in the first and second week.

Interested to hear views on people's top 3 picks for league medal, also likely rising star winner and who will play off in GF.

Interested to hear views on people's top 3 picks for league medal, also likely rising star winner and who will play off in GF.

A good topic Jaggo:thumbsu:
Morrison top 3
1. P. Colbert Seymour
2. P.Kirby-Tatura
3. S Beattie-(missed some games)Kyabram

Rising Star
Davd Ismail (Echuca)

Grand Final
Rochester v Mansfield

Morrison

1) Atkins
2) Kirby
3) Beattie

Rising Star - Nathan Beck

Grand Final - Rochy Vs Ky or Mansfield.

A good topic Jaggo:thumbsu:
Morrison top 3
1. P. Colbert Seymour
2. P.Kirby-Tatura
3. S Beattie-(missed some games)Kyabram

Rising Star
Davd Ismail (Echuca)

Grand Final
Rochester v Mansfield

Fair call here Ringo, Kirby has missed a few with hamstrings though, colbert has been very good and I reckon that Atkins may nudge Beatie.

Rising Star Hard to call but from what I have seen young Ogden from Ky has been very good though the Bushies have nabbed him lately.

I agree with the rochy V mansfield final.i think we will see Mansfield get stronger and stronger the closer we get to the end of the season.

Fair call here Ringo, Kirby has missed a few with hamstrings though, colbert has been very good and I reckon that Atkins may nudge Beatie.

Rising Star Hard to call but from what I have seen young Ogden from Ky has been very good though the Bushies have nabbed him lately.

I agree with the rochy V mansfield final.i think we will see Mansfield get stronger and stronger the closer we get to the end of the season.

beattie won't poll that will he?? if anyone from ky will standout, surely it will be atkins... p newman and withers (altho he hasnt had that good a yr) should also pinch a few votes

1. atkins
2. l wellington (perrenial vote getter)
3. j sheahan (thort id throw a roughie in)

rising star ogden... no doubt for mine

GF - rochester v mansfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back