Goulburn Valley FL U/18's - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys might find that they over qualify if they have been playing seniors the whole year and the seniors dont make it.
it is a rule that really hurts thirds sides, as if there seniors are not playing finals, and the guys have played more than 6 games i think, they then miss out on playing in the thirds.
senior experience is all well and good, but it can cost your team to an extent.

as long as an under 18 player plays three games with the under 18 side he can play finals with his club. There is no limit to the number of senior games he can play ie he can play 9,10,14 games etc as long as he has played the three games in the u18's he is ok to play finals.

Rochester 9.7.61 defeated Echuca 9.3.57

Not bad for a 'Bunch of spuds.'
Shepparton Swans 16.12.108 defeated Rochester 5.7.37

Pretty bad even for a bunch of spuds haha.

Na in all seriousness the Swans are looking in good form. Will be a prominent figure deep into September i would imagine.

as long as an under 18 player plays three games with the under 18 side he can play finals with his club. There is no limit to the number of senior games he can play ie he can play 9,10,14 games etc as long as he has played the three games in the u18's he is ok to play finals.

in respect to ogden, mangan, loraine, pryde, mellington, and any other playing tac cup, these guys will not be available to play thirds as each tac game counts as a senior gvfl game, and thus wil not make these guys available in the thirds come september

Echuca have lost 4 in a row!

Can you fellas make excuses for that?
Lost to Mansfield by 36 points, lokking at the scores at Qtr. breaks looks as though Mansfield were by far the better team.

Echuca have lost 4 in a row!

Can you fellas make excuses for that?
Lost to Mansfield by 36 points, lokking at the scores at Qtr. breaks looks as though Mansfield were by far the better team.

Mansfield were clearly the better team. No excuses. Echuca are gone, in danger of missing the finals. They are there for the taking for Seymour this week.

Mansfield were clearly the better team. No excuses. Echuca are gone, in danger of missing the finals. They are there for the taking for Seymour this week.

they are still 2 games clear of dropping out but id say they will make it. Although they do have a tough run home..

the run home for the 5 in danger in not making finals include:
echuca: seymore, shepp swans, shepp united, euroa
Mansfeild: shepp swans, shepp united, benalla, tatura
shepp united: rochy, mansfeild, echuca, benalla
mooropna: kyabram, euroa, tat, rochy
shepp: benalla, kyabram, euroa, seymore

my pick for the top six in order is
Kyabram
shepp swans
rochester
mansfeild
mooropna
echuca

whats everyones predictions its an open draw and any one of them 3 teams can scrape into the final 3 spots.

they are still 2 games clear of dropping out but id say they will make it. Although they do have a tough run home..

Kyabram
shepp swans
rochester
mansfeild
mooropna
echuca

whats everyones predictions its an open draw and any one of them 3 teams can scrape into the final 3 spots.

don't know if i would go so far as to say that echuca will stoop as low as 6th come finals time, however they have lost 4 on the trot and are in the danger zone so to speak. Bears need to lift this week to be a genuine chance.

in respect to ogden, mangan, loraine, pryde, mellington, and any other playing tac cup, these guys will not be available to play thirds as each tac game counts as a senior gvfl game, and thus wil not make these guys available in the thirds come september

If they play 3 thirds games over the season they can still return to thirds footy or there a new rule that once u play so many 1's games you cant return to thirds come finals?

Kyabram
shepp swans
rochester
mansfeild
mooropna
echuca

Shep united dont get in?? i think they should be in before mansfield and mooropna

Shep united dont get in?? i think they should be in before mansfield and mooropna

Yer when United are up and running they look good but the wheels have fallen of due to a few injuries, if echuca do not drop all there players back to the 3rd's they could lose third spot, shepp bears look like to have a good run home despite playing kyabram.

if they play 3 thirds games over the season they can still return to thirds footy or there a new rule that once u play so many 1's games you cant return to thirds come finals?

thats how i understand it. Once you have played a majority in one grade, then you cannot then fall back and play finals if the seniors have not made it.

thats how i understand it. Once you have played a majority in one grade, then you cannot then fall back and play finals if the seniors have not made it.

[FONT=&quot]1. To participate in a Seniors game of finals football a player must have played TWO Senior games with that Club. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. To participate in the Under 18's final series a player must have played THREE Under 18 games with the Club
3. An Under 18 player(s) playing in the Seniors can play as many games as the Club desires in the Seniors however he must still play THREE games with the Under 18 side to qualify for finals in the Under 18 competition.
4. A player listed on a Under 18 Team Sheet is able to sit on the bench all day, as long as he is in appropriate football clothing, and not enter the field of play, to register as having played in that game as part of finals qualifications.[/FONT]

Thats straight from the League.

[FONT=&quot]1. To participate in a Seniors game of finals football a player must have played TWO Senior games with that Club. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. To participate in the Under 18's final series a player must have played THREE Under 18 games with the Club [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. An Under 18 player(s) playing in the Seniors can play as many games as the Club desires in the Seniors however he must still play THREE games with the Under 18 side to qualify for finals in the Under 18 competition.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. A player listed on a Under 18 Team Sheet is able to sit on the bench all day, as long as he is in appropriate football clothing, and not enter the field of play, to register as having played in that game as part of finals qualifications.[/FONT]

Thats straight from the League.
Thanks for that however we still have loop holes. Echuca last year qualified jordan williams by naming him on the team sheet when he wasn't even at the ground. Then he plays in the finals due to the pioneers finishing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know the outcome of bears getting the 4 points from the swannies clash due to the swans playing an ineligible permit player? Those 4 points could be the pivotal decission in wether bears make finals or not.

Thanks for that however we still have loop holes. Echuca last year qualified jordan williams by naming him on the team sheet when he wasn't even at the ground. Then he plays in the finals due to the pioneers finishing.

Refer item 4. The leagues will be more diligent this year in checking those things and cross referencing. They are aware of it dont worry about that and they do not want a repeat of last years happenings.

Refer item 4. The leagues will be more diligent this year in checking those things and cross referencing. They are aware of it dont worry about that and they do not want a repeat of last years happenings.

this is good news. however to my knowledge the league were made aware of the Williams situatio n during last year's finals and did nothing about it even though the facts of the matter were verified. Perhaps Ky did not want to take the matter further.

Who will win i this year? no B.S involved, just the name of the club that will win the GVFL Under 18's flag?

Also, who would be favourite to win it next year?

2009- Echuca Vs. Kyabram. Echuca win.
2010- Shep Swans Vs. Echuca. Shep Swans win.

Who will win i this year? no B.S involved, just the name of the club that will win the GVFL Under 18's flag?

Also, who would be favourite to win it next year?

2009- Echuca Vs. Kyabram. Echuca win.
2010- Shep Swans Vs. Echuca. Shep Swans win.
why would u tip swans next year but not this year?

They seem to have alot of Wanganui boys, alot of bottom age boys. Not to sure really. I just think they will be a good show next year.

They seem to have alot of Wanganui boys, alot of bottom age boys. Not to sure really. I just think they will be a good show next year.

How the hell can u tip a 3rds flag for next year? theres still a pre season between now and then and from under 16's players move all over the joint (kdfl, mfl, gvfl and bushies) so u wouldnt have a clue who will b good next year at this stage :rolleyes::rolleyes:.......... also intersesting to see no thirds boys from the swans will front for there ones for the rest of the year? is this so they can stabalise there team coming into finals? any1 else think ky may struggle in finals? as they will have no players back from ones as they are in finals as well :confused::confused::confused::confused:

How the hell can u tip a 3rds flag for next year? theres still a pre season between now and then and from under 16's players move all over the joint (kdfl, mfl, gvfl and bushies) so u wouldnt have a clue who will b good next year at this stage :rolleyes::rolleyes:.......... also intersesting to see no thirds boys from the swans will front for there ones for the rest of the year? is this so they can stabalise there team coming into finals? any1 else think ky may struggle in finals? as they will have no players back from ones as they are in finals as well :confused::confused::confused::confused:

nah they will go alrite seem to hav a fair bit of depth in there side

Whats every ones opion on the finals series?

2 teams that will make granny?

Which team/s will dissapoint?

Underdogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back