Goulburn Valley FL U/18's - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 2)

and all the shepp bears boys and seymor boys got in the side... wonder why?? probably smething to do with their coaches being the coaches of the side.. its ridiculous.. some boys missed out who really deserve to be in the side..
Funny, same thing was said last year when the Tatura and United coaches were involved with the squad.

That is hard to understand, I would have thought that Edwards and Pryde would have got in. Edwards has played seniors all year and Pryde has been great for a bottom age player across the half back line.
ur right on the money mate. i also cant beleive nathan beck was overlooked also WHAT A JOKE :thumbsdown::confused:

i think the go was with the interleague side was that if u didnt turn up to training you didnt get picked. doesnt matter who you are or where u play. only the blokes that turned up and made the commitments to train get a look in
yeh but my understanding is that the interleague coach from seymore made the training sessions suit him so they would of suited da seymore fellas also. . its a joke when that team runs out as it is ment to be the best group of young players in the gvfl whitch clearly is not the best team. not saying anything bout the boys who got in its not there fault but the system needs changing

That is hard to understand, I would have thought that Edwards and Pryde would have got in. Edwards has played seniors all year and Pryde has been great for a bottom age player across the half back line.

Prydey wasnt nominated by the club to represent ky and eddie only went to 2 out of the 4 trainings before the cut. But there were plenty that didnt go to every training that made the first cut

yeh but my understanding is that the interleague coach from seymore made the training sessions suit him so they would of suited da seymore fellas also. . its a joke when that team runs out as it is ment to be the best group of young players in the gvfl whitch clearly is not the best team. not saying anything bout the boys who got in its not there fault but the system needs changing

two of the seymour guys that were training missed out on making the final squad on sunday. so your arguement is incorrect.

the side should be represented by the best players, and by the looks of the fellas training on sunday it will be.
the only falling point will be the fringe bushranger players like finnen and farren preist to name a couple will not be playing.
i think that although the two coaches are from seymour and shepp, you have to remember seymour won the flag last year and deserve a few players, also shepp have won a plethra of thirds premierships in the recent past.

sorry mate wrong bloke...orry from mooroopna made the side. from a top 2 side how does not one player get a look in at least until the second cut. with eddy playing one's should been a walk into the side and displayed he was a cut above the rest when he turned up to training. sides arnt picked on skills they're judged by who u jnow

saying united is underrated is an absolute joke. from being the benchmark side in the pre season they have choked in early stages of the year. an overrated side that only matched it with ky due to the poor conditions which leveled the sides. on the day played one of their better games against ky and their skill levels in the wet were higher than their previous games in dry weather.

two of the seymour guys that were training missed out on making the final squad on sunday. so your arguement is incorrect.

the side should be represented by the best players, and by the looks of the fellas training on sunday it will be.
the only falling point will be the fringe bushranger players like finnen and farren preist to name a couple will not be playing.
i think that although the two coaches are from seymour and shepp, you have to remember seymour won the flag last year and deserve a few players, also shepp have won a plethra of thirds premierships in the recent past.

If you believe for one minute that this is the best squad you are sadly mistaken. When does winning the flag the previous year entitle players to play rep footy for the following year?? Was this the criteria??
As for Shepp winning flags in the past entitiling them for representation now, this comment insults the players who deserved to be in the team and were left out. Again I feel the league should look into this as the process has no credibility. The training situation of Seymour as a venue again is unacceptable. A central location for ALL players for ALL sessions should have been designated.For a major league to conduct rep footy in this way is deplorable.

If you believe for one minute that this is the best squad you are sadly mistaken. When does winning the flag the previous year entitle players to play rep footy for the following year?? Was this the criteria??
As for Shepp winning flags in the past entitiling them for representation now, this comment insults the players who deserved to be in the team and were left out. Again I feel the league should look into this as the process has no credibility. The training situation of Seymour as a venue again is unacceptable. A central location for ALL players for ALL sessions should have been designated.For a major league to conduct rep footy in this way is deplorable.

They only trained at seymour once. the other sessions have been at princess park in shepp, tatua, and euroa. so the point of making things easy for the seymour coach is a little far fetched. the league sort out venues long before they decide who will coaching the side.
i'm not too sure about the criteria for selection, but being that seymour has only three players in, one of which plays senior footy in the one of the best teams in the league, and echuca has three(i think. may be more), mansfield has at least 2, im not too sure sure where your anamosity is coming from.
It may not be the best team in the league, but that is left for the end of the year when the league picks their tam of the year, this has to be a functional team, that have to play to represent the league, and uphold the reputation of the league.

i dont hear anyone complaining about the selection of four seymour players in the senior interleague squad.

They only trained at seymour once. the other sessions have been at princess park in shepp, tatua, and euroa. so the point of making things easy for the seymour coach is a little far fetched. the league sort out venues long before they decide who will coaching the side.
i'm not too sure about the criteria for selection, but being that seymour has only three players in, one of which plays senior footy in the one of the best teams in the league, and echuca has three(i think. may be more), mansfield has at least 2, im not too sure sure where your anamosity is coming from.
It may not be the best team in the league, but that is left for the end of the year when the league picks their tam of the year, this has to be a functional team, that have to play to represent the league, and uphold the reputation of the league.

i dont hear anyone complaining about the selection of four Seymour players in the senior interleague squad.

This has everthing to do about the process and the integrity of selection.
You say you are not sure about the selection process and I think everyone else would agree. Finally you agree that it is not the best team which is a change of position from previous posts. the point being made is that for one of the best sides in the competition to not have a rep is unbelievable. For Seymour to have three reps given their poor form is questionable. God help us,, one would have thought that in this era the coach would pick the rep squad on merit not on favoritism of "his Boys" being in the team. What has senior selection of 4 Seymour players got to do with this situation?If no Seymour players were selected in the senior GV squad wouldn't people ask questions?? This is the issue.
The selection process is a farce and something should be done about it.

valley man your a ky fella. How is your side going with injurys this year? :thumbsu:

have got a few out. Will jackson (broke leg) ty guiney (dislocated shoulder/ ankle injury) Martin byrne (shoulder) jack young (knee) also a couple of guys having to play with injuries that wouldnt play if we had numbers to field a side without having to get permit players. Then eddie and prydey currently playing seniors

Has anyone actually got a list of the players who made it and what posi they were picked in ????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone actually got a list of the players who made it and what posi they were picked in ????

they havent picked the side in positions as yet. i guess with the last session tonight that will happen.

Anyone who thinks the shepp and seymore guys only got picked because their coach is one of the coaches obviously has no idea.. and i dont know about the seymore guys who made it either but pretty sure any coach in the league would have picked thorso, ridings, cole, belstein and lorain in there side, thats just off the top of my head, im sure each team could have a few others in there.. you cant just say them blokes only made it because of the coaches, they are all very good players and would be walk up starters..

Anyone who thinks the shepp and seymore guys only got picked because their coach is one of the coaches obviously has no idea.. and i dont know about the seymore guys who made it either but pretty sure any coach in the league would have picked thorso, ridings, cole, belstein and lorain in there side, thats just off the top of my head, im sure each team could have a few others in there.. you cant just say them blokes only made it because of the coaches, they are all very good players and would be walk up starters..

When you mention each team having others of quality ... guess what ... one side who has lost only one game for the year has no players. If any person can justify that good luck to them.. again i make the point the selection process needs to be transparent. This is my last comment on the matter but at interleague level it has to be better. What a farce!!!

Selection for interleague teams is always a talking point. I am from down Melbourne coming up for the weekend and looking forward to coming along and seeing some senior and under 18 interleague between the 4 best leagues. Who are the GV boys to look out for, any guys that you boys are expecting to have real good carnivals??

Selection for interleague teams is always a talking point. I am from down Melbourne coming up for the weekend and looking forward to coming along and seeing some senior and under 18 interleague between the 4 best leagues. Who are the GV boys to look out for, any guys that you boys are expecting to have real good carnivals??

how good is simon thorsen?

is that a rhetorical question?
hes good. kicked 5 on the weekend in the ones.. strong mark.
Brad ridings is no dud.. he'd be in shepp bears top 5 players this year so far in the ones..

and all the shepp bears boys and seymor boys got in the side... wonder why?? probably smething to do with their coaches being the coaches of the side.. its ridiculous.. some boys missed out who really deserve to be in the side..

Perhaps you should do your homework before running off at the mouth or hitting the keyboard. Only three of the five Seymour players nominated made the team and I have no doubt all of them would play senior footy at a lot of other clubs.

In regards to the inter league selections it is a joke when one of the top teams (KY) doesn't have a single GV rep. How many from Seymour made the team? I think the league should have a good look at this situation? Who were the selectors? Given that the Seymour coach is coach of the interleague side I feel it is still not acceptable that training sessions are conducted there just to suit him. A central location for ALL players should be the norm for ALL training sessions. Would like to know exactly who made the team. As I said this interleague situation is a joke.

You sit there and criticise and say the interleague situation is a joke yet you don't know who made the team and who didn't? I'd say your the joke.:thumbsdown:
For the record, Seymour only had One representative in the interleague squad last year ( not sure if he made the team) yet still managed to win a premiership.
Maybe the fact that the Kyabram boys didn't get to too many training sessions suggest that their priorities lay elsewhere.

Congratulations and good luck to all of those who have been selected in the interleague team. I have no doubt you've all earned your place and I'm sure you'll do your clubs and the GVFL proud.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back