Graham Thorpe has passed away

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone here is struggling.
I never scored 16 test centuries, but feel the teeth of the black dog nipping away. It can (and possibly will) affect all of us. take note of what has been posted here....

It makes me so sad that he lost the fight against depression. For many, it just becomes too much and this is the way out for them.
That was the case with my dad and I think it will be the way I eventually exit as well, as I've fought this for a long time, no treatment works and the pain seems worse than ever now that I am getting older.
I'm managing as best I can for the time being but I am very, very tired of the fight.
I'm pleased that Graham's family has chosen to disclose this, if nothing else it shows that mental illness does not discriminate and that being successful and/or well-known doesn't make you immune from it.

It makes me so sad that he lost the fight against depression. For many, it just becomes too much and this is the way out for them.
That was the case with my dad and I think it will be the way I eventually exit as well, as I've fought this for a long time, no treatment works and the pain seems worse than ever now that I am getting older.
I'm managing as best I can for the time being but I am very, very tired of the fight.
I'm pleased that Graham's family has chosen to disclose this, if nothing else it shows that mental illness does not discriminate and that being successful and/or well-known doesn't make you immune from it.
Hope you are going okay bro

remember there is always someone you can contact

Long term reader, very occasional poster,
I hear you mate.
It’s something I battle on an hour by hour basis.
You’re not just fighting it for yourself, you’re fighting the good fight for those that care about you. I bet any money they don’t want you going anywhere.
Please do keep reaching out. The answer isn’t the same for everyone but it is out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article about Robin Smith. Another great cricketer who I loved to watch has also has gone through a rough period.

As philreich said, it doesn't matter whether you work in a factory or are a famous sportsperson, depression can happen to anyone.

Hang in there Sherb. Talk to your friends and family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham Thorpe has passed away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back