I’m buzzing
Can’t wait to get to the stones corner pub
Anyone else there by any chance say hello
I’ll be at the table of 13
I’ll be the one balling when we win 🏆
Have a great day everyone and fellow Lions fans and other supporters
I honestly don’t even contemplate us burning out
We’ll be running on adrenaline riding this wave like all the way to the cup
So many weapons, we are primed ready to play our game Our game.
Let’s go
Cheer louder than the swannies
Sing our country roads , sweet Caroline and belt out our version of la Marseilles
Tre bien
Lionsssssssssssss

There is a fairytale in the making if we manage to win today.

Five key injuries, coach under pressure, number 1 pick under pressure, players in poor form, lambasted in the media for our goal kicking, two come from behind wins in the finals series and here we are.

It reads magically and I hope we all get to relish in it if / when it transpires.
You just made me cry .

BTW it's a pain in the arse posting content on your phone, my 1950s vintage fingers and eyes don't like it, takes more than twice the time than on my giant keyboard and screen at home.
:brisbane::brisbane::brisbane::brisbane:

:grinv1:I know exactly what you mean, same vintage here and I tried to get onto BF once while away, didn't have a clue what to do once I found it....I gave up and waited until I got home.

It's sad really, in my head I'm only 21:tongueoutv1:

...anyhoo, it's Grand Final day and we're are in it! Do it for us oldies boys (and the youngsters on this board)
Go you hungry wonderful Lions:trophy::brisbane:

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+

our strategy is to kick long into forward 50 in the first half. We do this to ensure the opposition can’t rebound out. Unfortunately it means we are often taking snap shots etc and makes us look inaccurate as a lot of time it’s a quick low percentage kick. As the points build up this puts pressure on us when we finally get set shots. Last two games we have done this and fallen well behind by half time. We then take more risk in the second half with our forward entries and set up easier shots and score more easily. I hope Fagan changes tact and takes more shorter fwd 50 kicks right from the start today! No room for conservatism. Be bold!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Public Service Announcement:
There will be moments of frustration and annoyance and despair and times you will ask yourself furiously why a player did what he did. You may feel angry and even full of rage and your temper will flare.

And there will be moments of exhilaration and joy and relief. You will find yourself smiling and punching the air.

And all of those feelings may happen in the space of a few minutes. Just remember, this is a game, the players are humans who are absolutely trying their very hardest, luck and randomness could play a part and no one can control that. The opposition players and fans are opponents, but not enemies. They want as much as we do, to win. One team will win because that is sport. Losing in sport is hard but never the end of the world.

Like anything good in life it comes with risk, you have to play knowing you might lose in order to win. We might lose but we’ll be OK. But, if that happens, at least we were there, at least we got this anticipation and excitement. The fact we are here, feeling these emotions means we are alive, our team is in this and we get to live it, feel the nervous energy, feel the hope and maybe feel the ultimate emotion of victory. The fans of sixteen other teams don’t get to have these feelings today. We do.

Now…let’s go and win this. Let’s go Lions.

I just want to mark my spot. irel was here 28/09/2024

In fact I have always been with you, when you were Fitzroy first and morphed into Brisbane Lions. I have walked the road beside you, I have climbed the mountain with Lions, I have fallen to the depths of desperation with you, I have ridden every emotion, from exhilaration to despair, but never once did I waver and thought of abandoning you. No matter what happens today I will still remain a believer.

Go you mighty Lion hearts. Destiny is within reach.

Last edited:
Going in with low expectations like the last 2 weeks and last years GF

Sydney deservedly favourites but with so many different factors going into this game with the different preparations who knows

Won the clearance battle quite comfortably last time thanks to Oscar. In his absence probably need Neale to step up and break the tag or Clug or Ashcroft to have big games

Keeping Gulden quiet and Heeney and Warner quiet forward of centre will be vital

Go you Lions!!
I’ve got strong vibes of our 2003 win this morning - overcoming adversity, winning every week the hard way and it feels like the team is on a mission to win it this year 👍

Reminds me of what the team said to themselves before the 2003 grand final “not everyone had a great game in 2002 but this time around we can change that!”

My pick for Norm Smith - Cam Rayner or Will Ashcroft 🦁

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back