Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved the respect accorded to Zorko and Lester as they were given the honour of carrying the Premiership Cup and leading the players into the rooms.

Your team has shown an incredible amount of resilience to win this grand final after the result last year and the start to this. You should all be immensely proud of your football club with what they’ve been able to achieve. They have been the best team of the last two years.

Congratulations and cheers to the champs.

Your team has shown an incredible amount of resilience to win this grand final after the result last year and the start to this. You should all be immensely proud of your football club with what they’ve been able to achieve. They have been the best team of the last two years.

Congratulations and cheers to the champs.

Oh boy we are. What a win. That one felt so special.

Well done Brisbane a fully deserved win.

Thrilled to see Ashcroft win the Norm Smith you've got a future captain right there

Also nice to see ex Central Districts player Darcy Fort play well and get a premiership medal

Wow just wow, I have been on this board since 2002 and I almost thought I’d never see this moment but here it is🥂🥳

After our 01/02/03 3-peat, statistically I figured it'd be 54 years before our next premiership. Given I'd be a hundred and something by then, I'm glad the boys came good a bit earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum Ah Chee has played an excellent finals series and has flown under the radar in my opinion:

Elimination Final vs Carlton (Gabba)
8 disposals & 2 goals

Semi Final vs GWS (Giants Stadium)
17 disposals & 1 Goal

Preliminary Final vs Geelong (MCG)
11 disposals & 3 goals

Grand Final vs Sydney (MCG)
14 disposals & 4 goals

Averaged 12.5 disposals & 2.5 goals per game.

Well done Brisbane Lions, 2024 AFL Premiers. To be 2-5 after the first 7 games and then storm all the way to the Grand Final and win it by 60 points.....awesome performance. As for Sydney....under coach John Longmire.....1 win and 4 losses in Grand Finals...they keep falling short.

Enjoy the celebrations.

Great story but surely Neale should’ve won the norm. 6 centre clearances, 11 score involvements and 17 contested possessions

I thought Ashcroft was the most influential player on the field. Neale was fantastic but boy can we be excited about Ashcroft

Lachie Neale on the ABC just now, when asked about Joe Daniher:

"I'll be in his ear, saying come on mate, let's go back to back."

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back