Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be intolerable.

The mildest Lester criticism would result in wholesale cardings.

After Lester’s finals series that is completely fair and reasonable

Thanks for throwing all these in here, I was going to try to dig them up to watch today but you've saved me a heap of time! Plus now they're saved for posterity too. 😻

Grundy vs Fort, I’m a little suprised at Grundys raw statistical advantage. I thought live, Fort pretty much nullified Grundys impact.
I thought Grundy got on top in the second half but at that point it was completely irrelevant. IMO Fort was as good a rucking example in the first half and especially the second quarter as we've seen this year with consistent use of his reach to initially nullify Grundy and then get it to the feet of our boys.

While we're all sharing what this means...

Too young to remember 01-03, but I distinctly remember being in tears after 04 - growing up in SA, I wanted to be different and go against Port - think that's the only reason I jumped on.

05-08 youthful naive optimism that we'd scrape into the 8 and charge home. All of my other friends at school saw the Crows and Power have a decent run in that time (lol 119.) Played through another Lions dynasty every year on PS2. Only to see our flag legends slowly leave without fanfare.

09 false dawn, but will never forget the final quarter in the EF v Carlton.

10-13 felt like we were slowly building. 13 had the miracle on grass and was my last burst of youthful optimism that we could scrape in and be on the up - instead we had the go-home 5.

Young adulthood takes over a bit from there. But I still kept touch in those darkest years. I remember routinely getting pumped (Freo from memory utterly pounded us one year.) I was there for the 138 pt loss to Adelaide. I travelled over to the G for the game in 2018 and saw us kick 2.5.17 v Richmond.

Still keeping abreast throughout our finals run, I had a horrendous streak of 10+ years and 10+ games not seeing us win in person. (From 2011 v Adelaide, finally broken in 2022 v St Kilda.) Followed by the fightback in the SF v Melbourne.

Then the heartbreak of 2023 which had felt meant to be.

And finally the euphoria of yesterday, after fighting back again in the SF/PF. Different to if 10-year old Hank Scorpion had seen one, but the nostalgia and pain of those 20 years has made it all sweeter.

Last edited:
Well, I watched the replay twice last night.

Now watching all the Lace Out videos with various radio commentary.

Because that's what you do - revel in footy pr0n :p

But, thinking about everything and watching everything eleventy zillion times, I just cannot help but think of Browny's comment after our victory against GWS in the Semi, where he said we went up a level. Which clearly we did.

I think we went up another level against Geelong in the Prelim.

And I think we went to another level in the GF.

The work is never done of course....everyone starts next season on 0 points. But man....we can wreck anyone.

So let's wreck 'em :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another allocation of the poster has just been released. They go quick!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back