Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could someone who has the video editing skills please post a clip of what will go down in football folklore as “Lester’s Run”, which led to our first goal.

On the biggest of stages, Ryan Lester sprints off his man, running straight up the middle of the MCG, accepts the pass and hits Ah Chee laces out inside 50. Ah Chee to Lohman. GOAL!

It was beautiful and many of us would love to see the clip in the Ryan Lester Roster Thread.

If you could please refer to Froggy as “premiership player Ryan Lester” in all future posts it would be appreciated.

What a fantastic day yesterday, staying for the presentations and all the players getting around to the crowds, and the Royal Derby pumping later.

Just FYI- Premiership merch is already on sale at the lions shop. I was going to buy a guernsey yesterday as I needed one but I’m glad I held off to today as there’s a great premiership one available online now.

Edit- good timing with BrisVegasDru’s comment above.

What a fantastic day yesterday, staying for the presentations and all the players getting around to the crowds, and the Royal Derby pumping later.

Just FYI- Premiership merch is already on sale at the lions shop. I was going to buy a guernsey yesterday as I needed one but I’m glad I held off to today as there’s a great premiership one available online now.

Edit- good timing with BrisVegasDru’s comment above.
I would even suggest waiting a little while for the more expensive stuff. Tends to go on sale towards the start of the following season. But the smaller stuff, grab it and grab a lot 😂

If you could please refer to Froggy as “premiership player Ryan Lester” in all future posts it would be appreciated.
That was remiss off me. I’ll edit my post.

Favourite GF MOMENTS

1. Katy Perry doing a lap in what looked like a converted batmobile screaming unintelligibly with fist pumps. That was when I thought anything could happen and we could win by 10 goals.

2 Lohman two in two minutes . The new barometer.

3 .Blakey and Ah Chee's brutal head clash with Cal getting it off to McCluggage for an inspirational team lifter.

4 Charlie from the boundary. He needed that , it was a we're right in this moment.

5 Everything in the Second quarter. Neale and Ashcroft with the one two give offs, Hipwood mimicking Aker , Ah Chee and Morris taking contested marks and converting. The Berry goal with his blood and sweat all over it.

6 . The Joe Goal when he turned towards the press box leaping in the air looking like an angry Thor with a vicious up yours mouthing the immortal words ' F*** You ' I liked angry Joe. But our players didn't want him to do anything silly so they jumped all over him. Every one of them trying to calm him down.

7 Neale to Zorko in appropriately the final play of the day.

8 Fages' head emerging from Lethal's shoulder to reveal a vulnerable little boy almost breaking down. Fagan is the wise old man and the excited kid in one package . The veterans and the kids all relate.

9 Fort and Big O rushing to embrace each other and Big O jumping up and down during the presentations like he'd kicked 6.

10 The classy way everyone who spoke respectfully acknowledged the Swans.
Wonderful!

It has been a long time since I've shown my face on BigFooty, let alone the Lions room.

I wanted to congratulate all you die hards, especially from those who I once was friends with until I turned into an idiot.

I joined BigFooty at the end of the Threepeat era, I was there in 2009 and it has been a long time coming. Really very proud for the team, but also the fans who has ridden with them, even when the club was on their knees.

So to BrownDog and co, congratulations and enjoy the day.

Back to Townsville hell for me!

WHERE IS THE PARTY IN MELBS LETS GOOOO
Epic night in Fitzroy last night

I think we crossed off the Fitzroy Beer Garden, Builders Arms, Union Club, Napier was closed for a private function (errr doing it wrong!), the Standard (Lynchy's recommendation) and finished off with the Roar Deal watch party @ the Workers Club.

Late to Brunswick Street Oval this morning but it was all worth it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge congratulations.

Ultimately this is the culmination of years of doing the right thing - from hiring coaches and staff, list management, pushing for training facilities, timing your form well at the end of the season.

Everyone loves treating premierships as this almost mystic, unknowable concept that needs to be "unlocked". But it's really not that - all you have to do is try and consistently do the things that win games of football through footy department staff, recruiting, tactics and off-field politics, and sometimes a flag lines up, and sometimes it doesn't. This year it did, and it's because of all those incremental steps over the last decade. Well done again!! Celebrate the night away!
Really pleased for Greg Swann. Been involved in successful AFL clubs for more than 2 decades but never reached the pinnacle. Till yesterday ❤️

Another impressive operator we are lucky to have at the club.

It has been a long time since I've shown my face on BigFooty, let alone the Lions room.

I wanted to congratulate all you die hards, especially from those who I once was friends with until I turned into an idiot.

I joined BigFooty at the end of the Threepeat era, I was there in 2009 and it has been a long time coming. Really very proud for the team, but also the fans who has ridden with them, even when the club was on their knees.

☝️ I’ve found it’s easier to be an idiot from the word go. Then people know what they are dealing with and they can adjust accordingly 😉

Meh. We all have moments of different lengths. Can't take them too seriously, just move on and enjoy what's here now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back