Teams Grand Final St Kilda v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think they will care to be honest. Surely won't enter a GF with only 1 ruckman

Why not? You guys are.

yeah i agree pendlebury is dangerous and worth tagging but during the week Jones said that he usually gets didak or swann and he is expecting to get one of the two this saturday and i have noticed the last two times we have lined up against collingwood Jones has played on didak for majority of the time.
Carn the Saints!!

I'd be happy enough for Jones to take Pendlebury or Swan, however I just think he might be more effective on Pendlebury. May depend on the day who is more damaging.

Still wont renew.

Mcevoy is a part of the future of Stkilda, we cant afford to lose him. If its good enough to use him all year to reach a GF its a good enough to honor his commitment and let him play the GF.

Kosi should be dropped ahead of Mcevoy. Full stop.

I dare anyone to say Kosi has more runs on the board this year than Mcevoy.

That's a bit extreme isn't it? I feel for McEvoy if he misses out as he has been good for us this year but there are always hard luck stories with GF selections.

Look at Hudghton last year and also Geary, Steven and Stanley this year who have all played important roles for us during the year. McEvoy is still young enough to hopefully get another opportunity to play in a GF, not sure if Baker would.

As for Kosi, I think he has the potential to be more damaging than McEvoy, particularly up forward. Hopefully he lives up to that potential on Saturday.

I will wait till the final teams are announced 90 mins before, but, if Mcevoy does not play I will not be renewing my membership.

No strength through loyalty there at all.

andwhat if the reason is becuase kosi may have broken ribs? as rumours by glen jackavich on foxtel afl teams

This is a good side. Gardiner to play traditional ruck, with Kosi to help up as a second back up ruck. I like the idea of replacing a tall with a small, St.kilda will look a little bit top heavy against a quick Collingwood outfit. Good move. Baker should be alright to give his all playing 60-70% game time.

This is a good side. Gardiner to play traditional ruck, with Kosi to help up as a second back up ruck. I like the idea of replacing a tall with a small, St.kilda will look a little bit top heavy against a quick Collingwood outfit. Good move. Baker should be alright to give his all playing 60-70% game time.

Yeah after the initial shock of McEvoy being dropped I'm warming to the idea. We need extra run and we can cover Jolly and Brown in the ruck with Gardy and Kosi/Blake.

Saw Roscoe interviewed on Primetime Gameday (aka the substitute for the shithouse Bounce show that got axed) and he said as much. They want the extra run against Collingwood.

Bloody tough on McEvoy though who has been great this year, hopefully he doesn't crack the shits and leave. I'm sure all Saints supporters know how important he has been this year, he is as good as a premiership player in my books if we win. Deserves a medal as much as the rest of them, along with the rest of the boys who played this year.

Even if worst comes to worst and we lose, I won't be blaming Lyon. He has done a fantastic job just getting us into another Grand Final this year. Hopefully we can get up and salute, he deserves to be a premiership coach with the work he has put in, just like the players deserve to be premiership players.

C'mon boys bring it home for Roscoe and yourselves*

*and us long suffering supporters :D

with Davis in the team, Didak will play up the field.

Didak will be an extra midfielder.

that is why Davis is in the team to tag Baker.

Good luck watching a bloke who hasn't played for 12 weeks chase Ddiak around and blow up by the 10 minute mark of the first quarter.

Baker will go to Davis.

Baker has been named on the bench. He may only just be on the ground for a few minutes by the 10 minute mark

Or did you mean one of Didak's mates would literally try to blow Baker? I mean, blow him up ...

Lyon doesn't normally play selection games. In fact, I can't think when he ever has

I feel for McEvoy, but unless someone doesn't come up I think this is the team to run out on Saturday. Seems he is concerned with Big Mac's ability to contain Leigh Brown around the ground. That's a points win to Malthouse in a sense, but it's a horses for courses selection panel these days. Blake to take Brown when he moves forward, and in the ruck in tandem with Kosi

I think Kosi has had little focus put on him given the crunch he got last weekend. So whilst ribs may not be broken, or maybe they are, sure he'll be a little sore. Go in hard and mean big fella, don't care how many Pie heads you knock off this weekend. Trust your instinct

Shutting down Swan and Pendlebury's effectiveness, and making Maxwell accountable in the backline and not always be able to play third man, will go a long way towards beating Collingwood. The matchups on these three are crucial, and will be v.interesting

In Ross we trust

Just one more sleep to go!

i'm not convinced this is the final side either.

I will wait till the final teams are announced 90 mins before, but, if Mcevoy does not play I will not be renewing my membership.

No strength through loyalty there at all.

^^ yawn.

You have no one to go with Cloke.then dawes and leigh brown.

Mark my words..........CLOKE will break the game open.Especially one on one you have no one to go with him.

He is strong,physical and will torment your backline.
Watch what unfolds.
I am not being smart,i am just stating the facts.

Mark my words..........CLOKE will break the game open.Especially one on one you have no one to go with him.

Watch what unfolds.

no, you're being a smart ass

I would have thought a fact is something that is, or something that was, not something that will be.

The last thing is called a prediction or guess. Daics Cousin - you just made one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have no one to go with Riewoldt

Mark my words..........Riewoldt will break the game open. Especially one on one we have no one to go with him.

Watch what unfolds.
I am not smart, I am just stating the facts.
Just felt the need to fix this

Lets face it, this move is ballsy by Rossy. Very ballsy.
Could prove to be an epic mess, or a masterstroke.

Last time (i could be wrong though) Blake played in the ruck:

23Disposals, 5Marks, 11HO, 3Goals vs Hawthorn, Rnd 16 2008
Broke the game open in the 3rd quarter absence of Gardiner, running forward on Campbell and Taylor, slotting 3 3rd quarter goals, all but setting up the win against the eventual premiers.
(How did he manage to not jag a vote?)

Watch what unfolds.

LOL...one thing you certainly cannot claim to be is smart!!

You are stating an opinion (and a very poor opinion at that) or prediction, not a fact.

stay on your own board, you leech.

Good luck shutting down Dal Santo, Hayes, Montagna, Gram, Riedwoldt, Fisher, Milne, Schneider, Gilbert and Goddard. Don't get me wrong I think there are some good players in Collingwood not including Nick Maxwell (most overrated player in the AFL) but you guys peaked to early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Grand Final St Kilda v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back