Mega Thread Grand Final Tickets - ALL TICKETING QUERIES IN HERE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Folks. Hawthorn have their Grand Final Ballot Today on Ticketek. I recommend going and having a look so you can prepare yourselves for tomorrow. Looks pretty easy, everyone has been a bit stressed about it, but it steps you through it. Also it just registers your barcode after you pick option 1 or 2, so there is no stress of trying to get in first to get the best seat like normal. Seems a pretty cruisy process.

Yep, did mine a short time ago, easy as. Takes about 2 min online and I got a confirmation email in about 10 seconds. Never had a problem with it over the years.

No need for you guys to all rush in at 6am, it doesn't matter what time you register as long as you do it within your allocated priority period. Obviously not a good idea to wait until last 10 min though in case something goes wrong.

For what it's worth, last year the Swans didn't even use their full 14,000 allocation and had to run some sort of secondary allocation. Any Swan member that wanted to go got one. I know Freo have more members but with the huge time/cost involved in getting over I'm guessing there will be enough for all.

Good luck.

also, here is a map of where the different classes of seating are.

sfx109749.jpg

When do we find out if we are successful in the ballot? Is it once Freo are confirmed to be in the grand final, or is this just when they charge your card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

When do we find out if we are successful in the ballot? Is it once Freo are confirmed to be in the grand final, or is this just when they charge your card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Good question. I also hope they let us know how many we are up against in the ballot, so we get a good idea if we have a chance of being in or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys should start booking flights to Melbourne right now while they are more affordable!
Even if you miss out on ballot/get knocked out in the prelim, an away trip in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend will be a great experience, with the grand final parade and hype/excitement around the city in the leadup. (And you never know an opportunity to snare a GF ticket while in the city may present itself!)

I went over for the Geelong game what a day! I am the one in the photo with the purple jacket high-fiving Fyfe as he and Daniel Pearce are walking down the players race. I also went and watched the other 3 games and I can tell you that our team were mighty impressive compared to Sydney and Carlton. Can't see them worrying us tbh.

I had to fly back to China as I work on an offshore rig in the South China Sea. I just told the boss I don't want to resign but I will be taking 1 weeks leave from the 25th Sep - 1st Oct. He said he would make sure there is a seat on the chopper for me but I would have to arrange my own flights.

I managed to book frequent flyers and my mate in Dunsborough has my membership and will be sorting out the tickets. Woo f^#k*^g hoo!

Found out we did pay the upgrade, so have a guaranteed ticket - you beauty!!!
Then have to register for Prelim Final on Monday too. This is going to be a crazy couple of weeks. Great information provided by everyone, helps settle the nerves somewhat.

If last year is anything to go by, if you are a Freo member and register in the ballot, you will get a ticket. All Swans supporters who registered got a ticket. Then those that didn't register got a second chance after the initial allocation.

If you are unable to go, your membership barcode is hot property. You will have newbie BF 'Freo' supporters with tales of woe or heroics in an attempt to con you out of your barcode number. These are likely scalpers or desperate opposition members who missed out on the ballot.

As a hawks member, my chances of getting a ticket in the ballot are about 1 in 10 at best by my calculations. I was lucky in 2008 and missed out last year. Ended up paying a scalper which was even more painful after a loss. I've registered but am not hopeful. If we make it and it's against Freo, I thought I'd get in early and try and avoid the scalper scenario with a proposition for anyone intending to come over but still has a spare barcode. If you are in need of accommodation, I have a very comfy couch that sleeps two (or more if you don't mind a mattress on the floor) just off Punt Road in Richmond about a 10 minute stroll to the G, with a great pub 250 metres in every direction (well 3 pubs). So if you make it, want some free accommodation for a night or two and have a member not going, AND don't mind sharing with a couple of friendly Hawks, PM me. - I should mention that if the hawks win then you will have my place to yourself to commiserate in peace as I'll be out celebrating all night. If it's a Hawks loss, you may have to talk me off the ledge :)

By the way, standing room on GF day is nothing like any other match. You may be allocated a bay but this is only to determine what gate you can scan in. It is not for the faint hearted and even if you are tall you will have a limited view and be squashed together like sardines. It is quite an experience but definitely not for kids or the frail.

Good luck for the rest of the season. If the hawks don't make it I'll be cheering for the dockers

If last year is anything to go by, if you are a Freo member and register in the ballot, you will get a ticket. All Swans supporters who registered got a ticket. Then those that didn't register got a second chance after the initial allocation.

If you are unable to go, your membership barcode is hot property. You will have newbie BF 'Freo' supporters with tales of woe or heroics in an attempt to con you out of your barcode number. These are likely scalpers or desperate opposition members who missed out on the ballot.

As a hawks member, my chances of getting a ticket in the ballot are about 1 in 10 at best by my calculations. I was lucky in 2008 and missed out last year. Ended up paying a scalper which was even more painful after a loss. I've registered but am not hopeful. If we make it and it's against Freo, I thought I'd get in early and try and avoid the scalper scenario with a proposition for anyone intending to come over but still has a spare barcode. If you are in need of accommodation, I have a very comfy couch that sleeps two (or more if you don't mind a mattress on the floor) just off Punt Road in Richmond about a 10 minute stroll to the G, with a great pub 250 metres in every direction (well 3 pubs). So if you make it, want some free accommodation for a night or two and have a member not going, AND don't mind sharing with a couple of friendly Hawks, PM me. - I should mention that if the hawks win then you will have my place to yourself to commiserate in peace as I'll be out celebrating all night. If it's a Hawks loss, you may have to talk me off the ledge :)

By the way, standing room on GF day is nothing like any other match. You may be allocated a bay but this is only to determine what gate you can scan in. It is not for the faint hearted and even if you are tall you will have a limited view and be squashed together like sardines. It is quite an experience but definitely not for kids or the frail.

Good luck for the rest of the season. If the hawks don't make it I'll be cheering for the dockers

The tales of woe are giving me the shits on Facebook...it's gone beserk. How could they not find $150 for budget adult membership and can now suddenly for out thousands for airflights and accommodation etc???

The cheapest ticket to the GF is $150 and you could have a $399 ticket drawn out of the hat!!

thanks so much for all of your help

The tales of woe are giving me the shits on Facebook...it's gone beserk. How could they not find $150 for budget adult membership and can now suddenly for out thousands for airflights and accommodation etc???

The cheapest ticket to the GF is $150 and you could have a $399 ticket drawn out of the hat!!

thanks so much for all of your help

Yeah! How could people not find $120 for the GF ticket upgrade!

I went over for the Geelong game what a day! I am the one in the photo with the purple jacket high-fiving Fyfe as he and Daniel Pearce are walking down the players race. I also went and watched the other 3 games and I can tell you that our team were mighty impressive compared to Sydney and Carlton. Can't see them worrying us tbh.

I had to fly back to China as I work on an offshore rig in the South China Sea. I just told the boss I don't want to resign but I will be taking 1 weeks leave from the 25th Sep - 1st Oct. He said he would make sure there is a seat on the chopper for me but I would have to arrange my own flights.

I managed to book frequent flyers and my mate in Dunsborough has my membership and will be sorting out the tickets. Woo f^#k*^g hoo!

C'mon mate make an effort...you fly by night supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Grand Final Tickets - ALL TICKETING QUERIES IN HERE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back