Grand Theft Auto- San Andreas

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago, and the store rang up wanting the rest of the money or else I wouldnt get a copy for a while, then when my brother went to pay the remaining money they conned him into buying the Official San-Andreas Guide Book for $20 odd. Does anyone know it this guide is "essential" like the guys at the shop say?

Mr Eagle said:
Well dear Laz manages to survive all the way into the 2000s, seeing as he can also be heard in Liberty City!

I've heard over at GTAforums.com that Lazlow rings up one of the stations looking for a job as a host since he lost his V-Rock gig to the vulture. Not to sure how true this is, but the game is set in the early 90's so he may not be a SA radio host.

Anyone confirm this?

waspy said:
Does anyone know it this guide is "essential" like the guys at the shop say?

Of course not, unless you're a ******ed monkey.
Helpful, yes.
Necessary to find every single tiny little secret and Easter egg without spending a thousand hours playing, yes.
Essential to play and enjoy a game?
no.

I heard the Aussie version of San Andreas has been cut so there are no prostitutes, you cant use drugs, and you cant break into houses..does any1 know if this is true?? If it is we might as well buy get it shipped from NZ coz they have the uncut version

There have been no confirmed reports of a cut Australian release at this point. Although the game did only go on sale late today, so you never know :) Suffice it to say that the version submitted to the OFLC was uncut.

Regarding Lazlow...from the Gamespot review:

"Lazlow returns with some great "celebrity" interviews, but you'll also hear a sports show, a matchmaking program, and a gardening show..."

I'm picking it up tommorow. If it's the cut version, i'll be taking it back and getting one from NZ.

ordered mine last night from GamePlanet store NZ online

99.95NZD and 6.95NZD shipping (3-6 days delivery-email tonight saying its on its way!!)

UNCUT BABY!!

There is no way Australian censors will let it get by "uncut"

Thank god for those Blood Crazy,Drug Shootin,Big Pimpin,Prozzie Lovin New Zealanders!! :D

Fraka said:
ordered mine last night from GamePlanet store NZ online

99.95NZD and 6.95NZD shipping (3-6 days delivery-email tonight saying its on its way!!)

UNCUT BABY!!

There is no way Australian censors will let it get by "uncut"

Thank god for those Blood Crazy,Drug Shootin,Big Pimpin,Prozzie Lovin New Zealanders!! :D

does the NZ version work on a PS2 without a chip?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waited 2 hours at Toyworld for this today. Delievery truck hasnt turned up yet. Going back in a few hours. This is driving me insane. :mad:

I got my copy delivered today, I pre-ordered about a month ago. It set me back $94 (free delivery) which wasn't to bad considering I saw it advertised in the KMART catalogue for $88 and it will take 6 months before the local KMART stocks it.

My last exam is on Monday so it is sitting in my bookcase still in its plastic wrapping. I hope it is the uncut version but I really doubt it.

Got mine at lunch time but still stuck at work so haven't been able to get into it yet :(

However i would like to note that the Australian Release is UNCUT
It is the same as the USA and all other versions.

Just started playing it tonight, it's unbelievably detailed. It'll take ages to explore the whole game! One major difference is the driving, it's more realistic than VC which means its a lot harder to get around. I accidentily rode my bike into a lake, and almost forgot about the new swimming feature (you can even dive underwater!). I've probably explored about .5% of the map so far and already i'm hooked!!!

Yeah I got it today and Ive hardly done any missions. Its ********ing huge!
I spent most of today building myself up in the gym getting haircuts, tatts playing basketball, pimping and jus running amok. Quiksilva its the editted version

Jeffers1984 said:
Got mine at lunch time but still stuck at work so haven't been able to get into it yet :(

However i would like to note that the Australian Release is UNCUT
It is the same as the USA and all other versions.
Negative, it is cut for Australia. Check out the ratings on imdb and the classification info at the OFLC (remembering it received an R rating everywhere else in the world and Australia has no R rating classification for video games).

GTA3 had the hookers removed, Vice City had the hookers and Pole Position removed, you can guarantee from that that San Andreas will have the hookers removed and whatever else might not get past the censors. The reason there would have been nothing in the news is because Rockstar probably would have been prepared and already had an Aussie version ready to ship :cool:

Personally I ordered mine from NZ, just as I did with the other 2, saves any mucking around and ensures you get the full game :D

Tezmyster said:
GTA3 had the hookers removed, Vice City had the hookers and Pole Position removed, you can guarantee from that that San Andreas will have the hookers removed and whatever else might not get past the censors. The reason there would have been nothing in the news is because Rockstar probably would have been prepared and already had an Aussie version ready to ship :cool:

Personally I ordered mine from NZ, just as I did with the other 2, saves any mucking around and ensures you get the full game :D

Ummm GTA San Andreas does have hookers....thats the basis of my reasoning for being uncut.

I also asked the games wizards dudes and they confirmed it was the UNCUT release as well so i guess they are a reasonably reliable source?

Maybe Rockstar has fooled the Australian OFLC not obliging to bringing in the initial changes...

I have only seen M+ versions advertised in the Paper.

But a bit cheaper as well...was like $78 at BigW.

even if it isnt uncut,I doubt it will stay that way for long.

St-KriS said:
There are definetly hookers in the game. And I saw Dildo at the police station at the beginning of the game! :D

hahaha nice! looks like ive found my calling for the 4 month break between uni years :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Theft Auto- San Andreas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back