Grand Theft Auto- San Andreas

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Eagle said:
You do mean MA15+, right? There's only one version on sale in Australia at the moment, and its the MA15+ (uncut) version.

Yep......Im not sure though....when i ordered mine it said iwas purchasing an "adults only" version and i had to acknowledge as such.Will be intersting to see if its different....have only played the cut verions of GTA3 and Vice so I'm sure I'll be cracking up at it regardless. :D

Jeffers1984 said:
Ummm GTA San Andreas does have hookers....thats the basis of my reasoning for being uncut.

I also asked the games wizards dudes and they confirmed it was the UNCUT release as well so i guess they are a reasonably reliable source?

Maybe Rockstar has fooled the Australian OFLC not obliging to bringing in the initial changes...
This is actually pretty interesting, because if you look at the history of the GTA series on the OFLC website we have....

Grand Theft Auto III, pulled from sale and edited, "Revised" edition then sold.

Vice City, pulled before it even hit the shelves, released about a week or two later and listed as "Original" on the OFLC site, even though it obviously wasn't.

San Andreas hits shelves on due date and is listed as "Original" on the OFLC site.

With all the media recently and the press Rockstar has been getting due to Manhunt and the like, I find it very hard to believe that San Andreas has managed to slip through completely unedited. I'm not saying it hasn't because I've been reading websites that have arguements saying it has and it hasn't, but it's probably highly possible that Rockstar simply sent an edited version to Australia and didn't release that fact, hense the reason it passed with no media attention.

Time will be the telling factor with this one I supposed, once the people who ordered from NZ start getting it and people start talking about things they do maybe a few things will pop up.

Great game.

Still battling away in Los Santos. Reckon it will take me weeks to finish, by which time I owuld have failed three uni exams.

Tezmyster said:
Time will be the telling factor with this one I supposed, once the people who ordered from NZ start getting it and people start talking about things they do maybe a few things will pop up.

Exactly right mate...guess we'll wait and see

sante2003 said:
the graphics have gone downwards a lot. Its a disappointment but is still good but could have been much better.

What are you talking about?

There is nothing wrong with the graphics.

Pretty sure it is the uncut version, unless some parts have been editted. You can still score with hookers. Thought I'd try it to see if it would work, hooker spoke to me, pushed right on D-pad then she got in. Went to an alley and got ambushed by a rival gang, had to get out as car was on fire. It then exploded with her still in it.

Lethal said:
Pretty sure it is the uncut version, unless some parts have been editted. You can still score with hookers. Thought I'd try it to see if it would work, hooker spoke to me, pushed right on D-pad then she got in. Went to an alley and got ambushed by a rival gang, had to get out as car was on fire. It then exploded with her still in it.
My dudes been shagging hookers outside his girlfriends house ahaha.

Frame-rate wasn't too good, but thinking back to the previous ones, it's about the same. Love the extra details like car mods and building up skillz. Another fun 'mini game' is going into the uncharted areas of the map before you're supposed to, and getting 4 stars wanted level. Been trying to get all the way to 'Vegas' from Los Santos. :cool:

Hmm I played it yesterday...well...a little bit of a disappointment for me. It was pumped up so much although the graphics suck and the game is quite confusing...like the map for example.

Would be good if all the new improvements couldn't have been on Vice City...there's a top game!

I still want it on xbox though...hopefully it's better by then :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WZA said:
Fix your TV. They're crisp on mine.
My mate brought the game as well, he said the samething, the graphics suck, oh well i will probably find out next week when i have a bit of a play around at his place, anyway its all about the gameplay :)

Well the graphics dont suck. But they arent really improved at all from Vice City imo. Every review i have seen pretty much gives it 10 in every area and around an 8 in graphics. That shouldnt bother anyone as the graphics are definatley acceptable but not excellent. I mean its not like they have given us one of thebiggest and best games of all time :rolleyes: .

Great game. I picked up a hooker but didnt know how to do anything with her lol. From what i see i dont think it has been edited and mine was MA15+ for Violence and i think something else. Great game.

Mattlowry said:
From what i see i dont think it has been edited and mine was MA15+ for Violence and i think something else. Great game.

MA+15 for Medium Level Violence and Medium Level Coarse Language.

has anyone unlocked the other islands yet? i wanna know how far off i am..im doin a mission for sweet where the swat team is everywhere in a hotel and u gotta rescue sweet, then u gotta shoot down the chopper, then u gotta keep the cops off your tail...its bloody hard! hopefully its the last mission before i unlock other islands..

Hmm maybe we think the graphics are ********HOUSE on San Andreas because it's on bloody ********house PS2......I guess Vice City must look as bad as San Andreas.

Still get it on xbox...if you guys say it's no different, then it must be the same as Vice City on xbox.

Cattas_21 said:
has anyone unlocked the other islands yet? i wanna know how far off i am..im doin a mission for sweet where the swat team is everywhere in a hotel and u gotta rescue sweet, then u gotta shoot down the chopper, then u gotta keep the cops off your tail...its bloody hard! hopefully its the last mission before i unlock other islands..

I'm currently stuck out in the middle of ******** creek.

You only a mission or two off being the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Theft Auto- San Andreas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back