Multiplat Grand Theft Auto V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with Vice City is that it was more about the era than the actual city, and I doubt they'd do the eighties again. But you never know

We rely on technology a lot in this game. If we went back to the 80s or Red Dead it would be interesting to see how Rockstar could get some of the important/fun features into those games. We obviously can't go on the Internet and buy a property or a vehicle when we are in the 80s.

Yeah i checked and found on in Craigieburn. Will pop in.
I bought a bunch of 5 m ethernet cables, and a cple 15 m ones. Walked in hoping $50 would cover it and walked out with over 30 change. Doubt u could find em cheaper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, so I booted up Online finally and I was able to transfer my character from X360. It's only level 3 but it has $500k for some reason. Is there something in particular I should buy at the start?

Okay, so I booted up Online finally and I was able to transfer my character from X360. It's only level 3 but it has $500k for some reason. Is there something in particular I should buy at the start?

I assume you have a garage?

Spend to help what will be handy in the future. Best way to make money is Standard missions (6 player missions the best) & Heist's. Imo by far the best things for these are the Armored Kuruma (about 600k) & an attack Helicopter ($2m or so). The Armored Kuruma is pretty much indestructible in missions which is why it is so handy and is also a 4 door. The Helicopter is just so handy in most missions but you will have to save up I guess.

I wouldnt bother doing CEO warehouse missions unless you have regular guys you can count on to team up online

Is it worth buying any of the military vehicles, when most of them can be stolen from the air force base with relative ease?

I honestly dont have any. I like my Savage Heli & Armored Kuroma combo. The benefit I guess would be customization and improvements, as well as being able to get it easier then having to go to the army base every time which would be annoying. If you want them in missions then you will need to buy it

I assume you have a garage?

Spend to help what will be handy in the future. Best way to make money is Standard missions (6 player missions the best) & Heist's. Imo by far the best things for these are the Armored Kuruma (about 600k) & an attack Helicopter ($2m or so). The Armored Kuruma is pretty much indestructible in missions which is why it is so handy and is also a 4 door. The Helicopter is just so handy in most missions but you will have to save up I guess.

I wouldnt bother doing CEO warehouse missions unless you have regular guys you can count on to team up online

I actually don't have any property. I think I got that cash when Rockstar gave people stuff for free at launch. I will work towards the Kuruma.

Any recommendations on cheap but useful property to buy?

Armoured Kuruma is a beast, you are practically unbeatable soloing missions unless you have to get out and drive a truck or something. I also have a Buzzard which is useful for blowing things up and not being charged for the rockets. It's got to the point where we're looking at ways to make (the same old) missions more interesting. Sniper rifles seems to be the answer

Gonna grab this for PS4 tonight while the EB sale is on. I had it on PS3 but never finished the single player and never played online. Is it worth me starting online now or will I just get destroyed being a newbie with no money, no weapons, and no idea what i'm doing?

Gonna grab this for PS4 tonight while the EB sale is on. I had it on PS3 but never finished the single player and never played online. Is it worth me starting online now or will I just get destroyed being a newbie with no money, no weapons, and no idea what i'm doing?

Heaps of low level players online still (peoples 2nd/3rd characters perhaps). Overall though it isn't a online game that you become way over powered the higher you go. In terms of power the max level is 120 (guns are unlocked at various levels) which unlocks the mini gun which I rarely see get used. Getting to 90 unlocks the heavy Sniper which is really the last of the must have guns imo. Getting to lvl 90 is a breeze if you smash missions in a group which will also get you money to buy all the cool cars etc..

Overall, you cant really get stronger the higher you get higher other then better weapons. You get a extra health as you level up but im not sure it is a big deal breaker

Much of the online activity is heists (co-op), Missions (co-op), Free roam (free for all muck around), and races

Free roaming might be the only time you notice any weakness early on, but doing that is just for stuffing around and it doesn't get you anywhere financially.

Key to playing it early on would be doing missions to fast track XP gains and $$ gains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back