Grant Collison

Remove this Banner Ad

astro_toby

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
What do you guys think of the grant collison with Max? Personally i think Max is too courages for his own good. In a sense, he is just as liable to make sure he doesnt put himself into harms way as grant is to make sure he doesnt become Harms way. You cant jump back like he did with no regard to some sort of physical collison. He basically had his entire body loose like a rag doll when they made contact. it's great to have a player like that in the team to set an example, but jeez!! he is no good injured all the time.
Thoughts?

There is no doubt that Max is courageous.

He was hit on the back of the head through a reckless act.

Where logically, could he possibly be held responsible for this?

By saying he is "too courageous for his own good" you are suggesting that he contributed to the incident in some way.

He was going for the ball. No-one knows what Chris Grant was going for (except himself) however it WAS Chris Grant who actually was responsible for the collision. He hit him high and hurt Max.

Max did not hit Grant. Grant hit Max. On the back of the head.

Tell me how Max was partially responsible at all?

so your suggesting that Chris Grant, a player who has not played in an aggressive manner his whole career, now at the end of his career, is just looking to run through players?

I actually thought the commentators made it sound worse than it was. This is ridiculous that the bigger bodied players are given all the responsibilty of nopt causing harm. The smaller framed players have a responsibilty too to make sure they brace themselves for some sort of collison. Max jumped backwards, leaning back, basically fortfieting all his body stability - and left himself floating mid air with no capability of being able to brace himself for a collison. considering that with the fact he jumped backwards into the path of a 100kg+ player running full steam, and advancing into that space - well BEFORE Max had put himself into that position- its totally unfair to blame Grant for that. Max is a very couragous player, and like Lyon said, you would never try to teach that out of his game - but you cant blame and suspend players for the way he plays. I think once Max put himself into that position, Grant had basically nearly at the exact same time had commited to jumping for the ball as well - a more aggresive player wouldnt have even tried to pull out of the collison, Grant at least tried to do that - Max didnt try to brace himself, and its just plain dangerous to put yourself into that position.

There was no intent whats so ever. And i think if he goes for being reckless, thats rubbish. because max was just as reckless jumping backwards and not bracing himself for any sort of physical contact.

There is an interesting picture in the Saturday Herald Sun where Max has not hit the ground yet but has his eyes open looking for the ball. This obviously proves it was the contact with the ground that knocked him out.

Even with that established, Grant could still be rubbed out... but it makes his case look alot better. But if he does get rubbed out, I'd be worried for a Dogs player whenever an opposition player is in the air because of the damage that could be done when he lands.

This whole thing has got alot more attention than it deserves...

astro_toby said:
max was just as reckless jumping backwards and not bracing himself for any sort of physical contact.

So AFL players must at all times expect to be hit in the back of the head. :rolleyes:

StKildonan said:
So AFL players must at all times expect to be hit in the back of the head. :rolleyes:

When they run backwards into the line of a KPP going for the mark, of course.

Grant was going for a chest mark. Maxi was running backwards into a contest. The lad is couragous as they come but Grant should not go.

At the end of the day it was incidential.

panthers said:
Chris Grant = dirty sniper should get 4 games. lost a brownlow cos he was suspended

Moron. :rolleyes:

Grant is one of the fairest in the game.

How many times has he been suspended in hi 300 games moron.

dont call me a moron I am allowed my opinion just as u are ur the clown that is in a saints forum. I have my opinion and u have urs although i believe your opinion in most posts is crap

panthers said:
dont call me a moron I am allowed my opinion just as u are ur the clown that is in a saints forum. I have my opinion and u have urs although i believe your opinion in most posts is crap

Anyone who calls Chris Grant "a sniper" is a moron.

astro_toby said:
so your suggesting that Chris Grant, a player who has not played in an aggressive manner his whole career, now at the end of his career, is just looking to run through players?
Ah BS. The guy has always been a bit agro. Did you see Grant nearly ripped Fiora's head off? He had that psycho look. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Grant is a

Snipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersnipersniper

panthers said:
Maybe if you actually backed up your opinion with an argument or rebuted his he may not have a right to call you a moron. But the way you're acting is moronic if you can't say anything other than "He's a sniper and he's been reported for one week once in his 300 game career! He must be guilty!"

panthers said:
You are not a MORON.

You are a piece of SH#T.

panthers said:

I jumped into this thread because I knew there was bound to be one-eyed saints supporters making stupid remarks about Chris Grant. Sure your allowed an opinion, but why not make a half intelligent comment? not crap that doesn't make any sense like calling Grant a sniper. It's people like you who give your supporters a bad name.

St Kilda offered the chance to request a special investigation into the Grant incident... they declined. Grant is off.

Looks like not even your own club has taken your side panthers :)

Great to see Grant get off. The most honest way to see that collison was Grant was being a forward and attacking the ball with intent of marking it, while Max was recklessly courages, and assisted largely in him being powerfully knocked in the spoil. Gives me alot of confidence in this new tribunal system. Maybe the years of unpredictablitiy are over in the tribunal.

...or the AFL is encouraging multiple recurrences of this sort of action where players are hurt and potentially permanently injured.

Meanwhile a petty little punch by Smith (though stupid and unsportsmanlike) is going to see him off on a holiday. He couldn't have injured a fly with that punch! Certainly no threat of permanent injury.

Meh - tribunal already showing inconsistencies - no different to last year.

yeah, but smiths punch was a) stupid b) delibertate c) pre-mediated

Grants was none of these. hence no report. Its a rough game, and if the players involved don't ensure their own safety first, then its just plain liable and stupid to expect the oppositon player to do that for you. and most of all, expect an oppostion player to not attack the ball, and fulfill his commitment to his team and supporters, because you did something "couragous"

Why dont all you NON SAINTERS GET OFF THE SAINTS FORUM We dont care for any of you on here so get the hell off. I dont give a rats if you call me a moron or a piece of sh%t or whatever JUST GET OFF

panthers said:
Why dont all you NON SAINTERS GET OFF THE SAINTS FORUM We dont care for any of you on here so get the hell off. I dont give a rats if you call me a moron or a piece of sh%t or whatever JUST GET OFF

LOL - fair enough panthy-poo's. Take your bat and ball and walk off crying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grant Collison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back