Great game from Brent Renouf .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Renouf was fantastic.

To those who think Campbell should be down back and not our number 1 ruckman.... just get over it. :rolleyes:

noone thinks that. Everyone thinks when Renouf and Bailey have fully developed, it is the position for Campbell. Look last night, he speant a quarter in defence on Minson i think it was and absolutely destroyed him

Must say that he looked like a fish out of water for his stint at full forward in the last quarter but he could even be useful there in bursts later in his career. Anyone think that he could become a target for GC17 in the future?

I'm a bit worried about this. And the problem with the compensation system is that clubs won't get fairly compensated for ruckmen because the system doesn't really take into account players that are slow to develop and don't reach their true value until they're in their mid twenties.

However, if Renouf is holding down number one ruck in a good team, you'd think he'd stay.

He was surprisingly good. Negated Ben Hudson's influence, picked up 10 disposals with 50% gametime and 33% of his hitouts were effective. His tackles and 1 percenters were impressive as were his second efforts.

Renouf was fantastic.

To those who think Campbell should be down back and not our number 1 ruckman.... just get over it. :rolleyes:

Yes Renouf was fantastic wasn't he mate. Funnily enough Ellis also did NOT play and was NOT injured as someone may have suggested to you and several others the other day. Looks like some of us know what we are talking about after all hey? Perhaps some of us may not be quite as clever as they think? Just a thought.;) No offence! :rolleyes:

Brent was terrific tonight. And so was Robbie, a great win for his 100th game. He played all over the ground, and is such a good mark and kick for goal too in past games..I like Taylor too, but when he gets the ball, he looks like a rabbit in the spotlight, not sure what to do with the ball..Renouf is so much more certain when he gets it..I was a doubter as far as Brent went, but he has converted me...Well done to ALL the team last night, you DID US PROUD!!!:thumbsu::):D

The only way i can see tails getting back in the team is if croad doesn't come up and renouf/campbell rotate between defence and ruck with him. Brent is looking better every game and has mongrel in him to complement it

Hard when Campbell/Taylor have worked hard for us all year but Renouf is a class above and works very hard like Robbie.

Tails works hard but tends to undo good work with dodgy skills at ground level.

As handy as Taylor has been this year, Renouf has been really impressive. He doesn't seem to have the brain-fades of Taylor that can really hurt us. I would lean towards big Brent for the finals.

He got in space quite a bit Renouf, which was really good to see. He chased really hard against Aker at one stage, and wasn't getting left in his wake - so he has a bit of pace for a big bloke. Loved some of his ruckwork too.

Really enjoyed Susie' game on Friday night. Run his guts out and really asked questions of the Bulldogs big men. Made some strong runs along the wing, especially in the 2nd and 4th quarters and made sound 2nd efforts whilst on the ground, like harassing Griffen to cause a turnover.

He also has a bit of c about him, which will certainly help in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Taylor has been there for a while its really his spot to lose so I would want to see Renouf get out in front of him by abit otherwise I just dont think you can drop a bloke in september.

If you line the up statistically they're pretty hard to seperate, Tails gets more taps by quite abit (probably gets more time rucking) and Renouf is slightly higher for 1%ers contested possesions etc but does make more mistakes.

So in as much as I do love the way renouf goes about it and I have no doubt in september 09 it will be his spot. I would have to go with Taylor for this finals campaign. I just dont think Renouf has the experience yet to make his extra efforts count.

Given Taylor has been there for a while its really his spot to lose so I would want to see Renouf get out in front of him by abit otherwise I just dont think you can drop a bloke in september.

If you line the up statistically they're pretty hard to seperate, Tails gets more taps by quite abit (probably gets more time rucking) and Renouf is slightly higher for 1%ers contested possesions etc but does make more mistakes.

So in as much as I do love the way renouf goes about it and I have no doubt in september 09 it will be his spot. I would have to go with Taylor for this finals campaign. I just dont think Renouf has the experience yet to make his extra efforts count.

Taylors form post knee been prety average. His ruck work only marginally better than the kid but for skills Renouth has it all over Tail's and he is a great athlete and can cover the ground which helps add pressure to the run of the opposition. Kid played Friday played well it now his place. Just shows you what an opportunity can produce

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game from Brent Renouf .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back