Greetings South Australians :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
Couldn't resist opportunity to make the first post!

So how many of us South Australians are on here and what's your backstory supporting the Roos?

I'm SA born and raised - live in Adelaide now but grew up in Pirie and have loved the Roos since I was 3 and fell in love with the Kangaroo Mascot!

Well I've been around here for a while and whilst I live and work here in SA , they never really let me forget my Victorian heritage..

Especially when North is beaten by one of the local teams or when there is another scandal involving North Melbourne or North Melbourne people.

Keeps me on my toes.......I am a life long North supporter born and bred in Melbourne but moved here with my employment.

It will be interesting to see how this subforum develops over time.

I'll be sure to keep people updated with info I receive from the SA supporter group (that's if someone doesn't beat me to it) about details of after match funcitions etc....There was talk of a breakfast at the Hilton on the Saturday Morning after the Crows match. I'll post more details once I know for sure.

Yeah i was born in Melbourne as well and lived there for six years. My family is all South Australian and my father was a big Malcolm Blight fan when he played at Woodville. So when Blighty moved to NM he started following them too and I guess i just continued that on.

At least all the Victorian born supporters don't have to deal with comments about what a traitor I am for not switching to the Crows (as if) and how ashamed I should be! (Ashamed for staying loyal to my beloved team - I'm into my 25th year of love, I'm not changing!)

It helps though that my Dad's a Collingwood supporter, my sisters are West Coast supporters (mum's Crows) so we can bond together in our hatred for the SA teams

I'm born and bred and still live in South Aust, but I go to more games at TD than Footy Park, just got sick of the Crows/ Port crowd, I feel much safer in Victoria when I see North play, sad really.

jozeph said:
I'm born and bred and still live in South Aust, but I go to more games at TD than Footy Park, just got sick of the Crows/ Port crowd, I feel much safer in Victoria when I see North play, sad really.

Hey, I'm a WA boy living in SA (work brought me here) supporting a Vic team. Go figure!

I went to the Port game at the start of the year and felt fine. I actually found the Port crowd to be very soft!

mav said:
Hey, I'm a WA boy living in SA (work brought me here) supporting a Vic team. Go figure!

I went to the Port game at the start of the year and felt fine. I actually found the Port crowd to be very soft!

I've never had a problem at Port games, at all but the last I actually had fun joking around with all the supporters. At almost Crows games I've attended though I've been very nastily verbally abused by supporters and so as my Crows supporter fiance for being with me.

I won't go to Crows games anymore.

Roobunny said:
I've never had a problem at Port games, at all but the last I actually had fun joking around with all the supporters. At almost Crows games I've attended though I've been very nastily verbally abused by supporters and so as my Crows supporter fiance for being with me.

I won't go to Crows games anymore.

funny I hear that a lot about the Crows. I've been to a few Crows games (only one with Roos playing) and have never had a problem, but I have sat in the Members area. I was hoping to take my little girl this year!!

I've just gone through emails etc and can advise that the SA supporter group has organised an aftermatch function at the Stadium Room (AAMI Stadium) after the Adelaide Crows V North match 21/7/06.

The Stadium Room is situated behind the coaches boxes in the SANFL members stand. All patrons can enter the members reserve after the final siren.
Entry is usually a gold coin donation . Players and club officials attend . Raffle / Jumper auctions etc are regular features......

There will also be a breakfast on Saturday July 22nd......Venue ? (Last one was at The Hilton (so I assume it's there again.)

Players requested to attend (but not yet confirmed ) Glenn Archer , Leigh Brown , Nathan Thompson and Corey Jones.

Cost will be $60 Members $70 non Members $35 Children

If you want to prebook tickets contact Emma Hall at the Club on 03/83270300 or contact Chris Thornton who organises the SA supporter group(see details in 2006 Roos news season guide 2006 or PM me for details as I do not want to plaster his mobile phone No. on a web site without permission).

I'm sure that Melbourne based members who might want to come over for the match and make a weekend out of their trip would be more than welcome to attend the breakfast .

Another Adelaide based Roo fan here, Was watching and following the roos before the Crows came around.

While I go to most of the crows games there is no way anyone will get me to change from the Roos.

Just hope they start to play will a bit of pride again.

Will see you all at the game against the crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back