Other Gridiron DVDs, Books, Documentaries

Remove this Banner Ad

If Dak Prescott was a Cubs player he would have said that Bartman deserves be killed at his post game press conference.

Stephen A would say that at least Bartman had a better play on the ball than Dak.

The Bad Boy Pistons and Reggie Miller Winning Time my two fav NBA ones

I don't like basketball but I find all the basketball ones awesome.

Pony Excess, Best that Never Was, The U (Part 1 and 2) and What Carter Lost (the back story to the evil villian school from Friday Night Lights) are all great, repeat viewing.

I don't know if its the power of the NFL but generally the weaker 30 for 30 episodes concern professional football.

Catching Hell is still the bench mark episode.

Wow that's a big call.

Two of my favorites were The Four Falls of Buffalo and the 85' Bears ones. Off the top of my head Without Bias and Winning Time were 2 good NBA ones too.
Was excited for the half second I opened this thread and saw 'new 30/30' but that excitement immediately disappeared when I saw it's more Brady produced bullshit. How boring. I'll still watch it though lol.

Wow that's a big call.

Two of my favorites were The Four Falls of Buffalo and the 85' Bears ones. Off the top of my head Without Bias and Winning Time were 2 good NBA ones too.
Was excited for the half second I opened this thread and saw 'new 30/30' but that excitement immediately disappeared when I saw it's more Brady produced bullshit. How boring. I'll still watch it though lol.

I wont, and it will be the only 30 for 30 I havent

Tom Brady will produce, act in a film starring Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Rita Moreno, Sally Field

Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2022, 3:49 PM EST

For his first act of retirement (if he’s really retired), Tom Brady will be working with a quartet of retirees.
Via The Hollywood Reporter, Brady will produce and act in 80 For Brady. The film, starring Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Rita Moreno, and Sally Field, is based on four best friends who made a road trip to see Brady and the Patriots play in Super Bowl LI, in early 2017.
Brady presumably will play himself. Also presumably, this movie will include no scenes similar to the last time he played him in a movie.
Production will begin this spring. Which means that if Brady wants to end his retirement by returning to football in the fall, he’ll be able to do so. I still think he’ll be playing for the 49ers.

SBS is running the Dark Side of Football series

Tom Brady will produce, act in a film starring Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Rita Moreno, Sally Field

Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2022, 3:49 PM EST

For his first act of retirement (if he’s really retired), Tom Brady will be working with a quartet of retirees.
Via The Hollywood Reporter, Brady will produce and act in 80 For Brady. The film, starring Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Rita Moreno, and Sally Field, is based on four best friends who made a road trip to see Brady and the Patriots play in Super Bowl LI, in early 2017.
Brady presumably will play himself. Also presumably, this movie will include no scenes similar to the last time he played him in a movie.
Production will begin this spring. Which means that if Brady wants to end his retirement by returning to football in the fall, he’ll be able to do so. I still think he’ll be playing for the 49ers.

So a crossover of 9 to 5, Field of Dreams and Forrest Gump.

Can hardly wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Behind the Shield the other night, a pretty good oversight of the corruption in the NFL. Focuses mostly on the blackballing of Kaepernick, the NFL ties to the US military and the player welfare issues that have arisen in the past decade or two.

Can be watched on Kanopy for free if you link your library membership to it (can watch 10 streams per month with a library membership).

Complemented another doco I watched nicely, Theaters of War which is about the US DoD and CIA links to Hollywood and TV (can also be seen on Kanopy).

Watched the Johnny Manziel the other night

What a *head of a bloke and clearly still is

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Puff piece. Trying to make him a sympathetic guy.

It was so bad I knew that the Florida one would be the same. And glad I didn't waste time on an Urban Myer PR doco, and happy to see it made all CFB fans who know the Florida or Myer story mad about how soft it went

Yep, we talked about this story last year when it was a news item. So they made a doco about it finally. Thanks for remembering.
There is so much new stuff. Like going back years before BS was a school when they were a church school. It's amazing and hilarious at times because of how absurd it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Gridiron DVDs, Books, Documentaries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back