Grigg or Houli???

Remove this Banner Ad

I think O'Reilly has laid a really strong claim to Farmer's position in the back pocket. In his first few games he's already our best shutdown small back. I wouldn't mind seeing Farmer tried as a small forward.

Hey gents, just check out a blog in our forum simply titled "Name the Starting Tigers 22" and see for yourselves that Farmer is a majority choice decision. I rest my case!

Well it looks like we will get both now.

At worst it will provide more depth and competition for places.

At best these two could be solid best 22 contributors.

And for what we are going to pay, we will be big winners here:thumbsu:

If i was Craig Cameron id put Essendon and Carlton in a room and say first to sign gets adelaides 3rd round pick, the other gets nothing (vire psd).

Then once one agrees we offer our 5th rounder to the other ( just to remove any doubt that wce might take one with their first pick)

So in other words we keep our first 4 round draft picks, with hopefully a second rounder from freo coming our way.

Absolutely loving the fact that these two are so dead-set keen on Richmond.
Obviously neither are A-grade players, and nobody is suggesting they are certainties to take that step, but we've defininitely done well to be both their first preference.

Now to snap them up for very little in return, and look to 2011 :D

I hope we get them both. Teams that play finals footy have 30 players on their list knocking on the door regularly to play seniors. Both Grigg and Houli would be in our top 15 players , Grigg maybe top 10.

Loving this trade period and hope we get both big time. Would take Grigg before Houli though as he is Hard at it. In saying that if Richard Tambling could play 108 games for the Tigers as an outside mid then Houli is looking a great pick up as he can rack up 30 touches a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey gents, just check out a blog in our forum simply titled "Name the Starting Tigers 22" and see for yourselves that Farmer is a majority choice decision. I rest my case!

Aaaannnddd... that forum isn't exactly the match committee is it SA T? I actually agree with your basic premise that Farmer impressed this year - much to my surprise, but I think Ohhh'Really showed that he's going to be a better long term option. I think 12 months from now Farmer is out. If he proves me wrong then FANTASTIC, because a good Mitch Farmer is what we need, but there's only so many positions, and I think he's number 23.

And on topic ... Grigg and Houli will both be Tigers come 2pm Monday, no doubt about it, it's just a matter of what we give (which could possibly include the PSD ... which isn't 2pm Monday ... but you know what I mean).

I think its fair to call Houli and Grigg "Fringe" players but you have to think if they had different coaches would they be getting a game every week and not a "Fringe" player? I belive if Hardwick can teach Houli to go in hard at the footy, put some belife into him he may become one of our greatest pick ups. Shaun Grigg is allready good enough for our best 22 and could add that extra string to our Midfield.

I think its fair to call Houli and Grigg "Fringe" players but you have to think if they had different coaches would they be getting a game every week and not a "Fringe" player? I belive if Hardwick can teach Houli to go in hard at the footy, put some belife into him he may become one of our greatest pick ups. Shaun Grigg is allready good enough for our best 22 and could add that extra string to our Midfield.

The sole reason I can think of getting Houli is because he is that fast outside mid with excellent skills we are looking for who will come very cheap, we have a plethora of inside mids who can get there own ball it's the outside mids we have been lacking.

I get the feeling Grigg is there purely as an upgrade on Tuck when the time comes for him to move on.

I hope we get them both. Teams that play finals footy have 30 players on their list knocking on the door regularly to play seniors. Both Grigg and Houli would be in our top 15 players , Grigg maybe top 10.

Loving this trade period and hope we get both big time. Would take Grigg before Houli though as he is Hard at it. In saying that if Richard Tambling could play 108 games for the Tigers as an outside mid then Houli is looking a great pick up as he can rack up 30 touches a game.

Would you still feel the same after reports that Grigg will cost us Andy Collins??? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Grigg or Houli???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back