News Grigg - Rising star!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Shaun keep up the good work!

And before anyone suggests another stupid trade - Didak for Grigg

NO!!!

Wow!!

Good on ya Griggsy, you totally deserve it! :thumbsu:

I actually expected the judges to totally overlook Grigg, believe it or not.

So happy they made the right choice!

With no credible source and the fact that the nomination isn't anounced until Tuesdays, I'm reluctant to start patting Grigga on the back.

Is Gerard Healy one of the selectors?

He was very adamant that Carlisle would have earned the nomination for his job on Fev and consistency throughout the season.

Good news everyone :D :D :D
futurama_0601_wideweb__470x330,0.jpg

sorry had to get my obligatroy Futurama pic in, but rapt for Grigga ...
And typically it's bitter, twisted Essendon fans who are the only ones pissed off with the nomination it seems ..

overrated, hack.......
no hope its true, come along heaps, looks like good find,
all started 1st game v pies this year when he tagged shaw out of game.
no sourse yet but hope he gets a nomination

Thoroughly deserved if true.

Was one of our best on the weekend, including a brilliant first half.

Started off his career slowly but has really worked his way into the games and now looks an integral part of our future midfield. Won't get the plaudits of Kreuzer, Judd, Gibbs or Murphy heading forward, which is a bit unfortunate as he's going to be a very good player for us for a long while.

Im rapt for him and very pleased that the coaching staff had the patience to leave him in the seniors to develop naturally, as he's looking better for it.

Well done Grigga, keep up the impressive season to date :thumbsu:

Glad to see Grigg get nominated - has had a very good season as far as second years go yet has flown right under the radar as far as the footy media goes. Was BOG up to half time and I had him as 4th best on the day.

Took a while to find his feet (seemed to lack confidence in his own ability and was very tentative), but in the last 6 or so weeks has settled in and looks like he belongs at the highest level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit I had my doubts earlier in the season, but obviously just needed time to adjust.
He is a different type of player, with that little bit of 'left field' about him.....not predictable and has an appetite for the hard ball.
Very team orientated, keen, aggressive and his quick improvement, signals to me that there is huge upside in the young bloke yet.
A bit of Jared Brennan in him!
Well done to the young country kid, making it good in the big smoke!

Congratulations to Shaun Grigg

he has earned his nomination for Round 19 NAB Rising Star

fantastic effort!!

it seemed like him and Gibbs were fighting out who would get more possessions!!

Very long overdue.....well done, this guy has taken up Walkers position off the half back, which has been fantastic as Walks can now roam in the forward line and cause trouble.

Grigg reminds me of a young Nathan Brown, i think its kicking style??

Thoroughly deserved Grigga. His past month has been very impressive indeed, and this is reward for a job well done. Has really settled into the Carlton half back line, and is now starting to use the ball really well. Will be keen to see what the club have in store for him this week - perhaps a job on Daniel Wells.

Well done, Grigg. Nice to see some recognition from the outer.

I like the fact that this kid loves to (and is capable of) drilling in long bombs from 50, or so, out. That's the sort of stuff that breaks the spirit of the opposition.

A big left foot, loves a goal & hard at it. Shades of the "Dominator"

and you all questioned me.................yeah you did!!

==============================

Gibbs nabs big prize

GriggShaun_246.jpg

ANOTHER Carlton youngster has emphasised his potential as a future champion, with Shaun Grigg winning the round 19 nomination for the NAB AFL Rising Star award.

Grigg, 20, was playing in his 22nd game on Saturday against Port Adelaide and was one of the Carlton’s best in the 66-point win at Telstra Dome.

"It's good to get some recognition after all the hard work, but I just do it so I can play footy, not to win awards like this," Grigg told afl.com.au.

"It was my best game on Saturday, and I think the more you play in the seniors, the more you believe that you can play at that level.

"I've felt more comfortable there in the past few weeks, and I've just played."

The youngster from Ballarat played five senior games in his first season at the club last year after a shoulder operation put him out of action early on.

However, on the back of a handful of positive showings in the second half of the season, Grigg applied himself over summer and set himself for a big 2008.

"I had a big pre-season and I just wanted to get my body right and do everything right in the eyes of the coaches," he said.

"My goal was to play round one this year, and I achieved that. Now I've missed just two games.”

Grigg, a former Essendon supporter, said his weights partner Nick Stevens had helped him immensely this season as both a training motivator and mentor.

He also said his friendship with fellow young stars Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs and Matthew Kreuzer had eradicated any pressure associated with being constantly labelled as the collective future of the club.

"I haven't felt the pressure because we're all pretty young and going through it together," he said.

"There's a lot to look forward to so hopefully we can keep improving.

"But, they take a lot of the spotlight, which I'm more than happy with.

"They're good and they're just young blokes like everyone else. We're all good mates and we'll develop together and look up to the older guys who are guiding us along nicely."

Grigg lives with teammate Michael Jamieson and the rookie-listed Sam Jacobs, which he says is "a lot of fun" and helpful as the young trio adjusts to life at an AFL club.

But he conceded there was a key element missing from their current living arrangement.

"We're on the hunt for a girlfriend so the cooking and cleaning gets done a bit better."

Grigg joins Bachar Houli (Essendon), Josh Hill (Western Bulldogs), Rhys Palmer (Fremantle), Kieren Jack (Sydney), Ben McKinley (West Coast), Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn), Austin Wonaeamirri (Melbourne), Kurt Tippett (Adelaide), Garrick Ibbotson (Fremantle), Nathan Brown (Collingwood), Matthew Kreuzer (Carlton), Trent Cotchin (Richmond), Jarryd Morton (Hawthorn), Colin Garland (Melbourne), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond), Kyle Reimers (Essendon), Brett Ebert (West Coast) and Gavin Urquhart (North Melbourne) as contenders for this year's prize.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Grigg - Rising star!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back