News Gryan Miers re-signs for 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s amusing seeing opposition fans fixating on his ungainly kicking action when really they should be watching how he, Close and Stengle shut down space out of the forward 50 like released hounds with monster aerobic capacity. As a role player he is virtually untouchable in the 22 right now.
I think they are redefining the ‘small forward’ role.
Combined with Blicavs, almost like having extra couple of players..

BUMP

How good has this guy been this season....has contributed in every game.

Today's contribution against the Hawks was top drawer.....a very good signing for Geelong.

Looks like a 150-200 game player at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of natural talent, he would be in top 3. Love him.
Top 3 of what? Surely you didnt just say he is in our top 3 most naturally gifted players? what is your definition of naturally gifted? Miers aint even the most naturally gifted small foward in our side. Thats clearly stengle by a street. As for fowards alone he is behind cameron, stengle, rohan and hawkins in the talent stakes. Maybe even ollie henry as well.

His vision, creativity and unpredictability (when he has the ball) and his aerobic capacity, willingness to get to the right spot (when he doesnt have the ball) is such an asset.

What an incredible player. Of the three small forwards we have, I reckon I would pick him first.

His vision, creativity and unpredictability (when he has the ball) and his aerobic capacity, willingness to get to the right spot (when he doesnt have the ball) is such an asset.

What an incredible player. Of the three small forwards we have, I reckon I would pick him first.
It's a tough call, they all bring something unique and special - but on this year alone he is top of the class by a long way.

His ability in close is unreal. Makes so much space for teammates.

He might not be able to kick over a jam tin but he'll sell the jam tin some candy, leave the defenders out of position then hit a team mate lace out. He's in our top 5 players I want with ball in hand.
loved how he got the ball to ground to our advantage against two Hawks in the marking contest near the boundary. He was smaller than both and had no right to even get near it. :thumbsu:

Gryan has a weird kick, but people need to note just how often he hits targets with his weird kicks.
I think that the kid is deservedly in the best 18, let alone 22 atm.

Gryan has a weird kick, but people need to note just how often he hits targets with his weird kicks.
I think that the kid is deservedly in the best 18, let alone 22 atm.

We saw it again today against the Bombers. A sublime performance from Gryan again today.

Absolute top draw effort.

Can easily see him as top 3 in the b&f at this stage - he really hasn't had a quiet game, and while he isn't kicking goals himself, he is setting up teammates & playing really smart

A good example of that is good goal assist for Henry at the start of the last:
- Smith handballs to Miers who is in a position to snap, but instead he handballs to Henry who's in a better position & kicks the goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back