Wildmanwok

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham HotSpurs
Carlton's guernsey is a blatant rip off of the Sturt Double Blues.

The AFL thinks that it is ok to steal their almost identical guernsey but its not OK for PAFC to wear a totally different design of Black & White.

Total joke.

It's a clash strip, not a permanent strip.

Sturt and Carlton play in different leagues - they do NOT play against each other. Hence there is no brand confusion.

PAFC and Collingwood do play against each other.

You're clutching at straws.

Personally I'd love to see PAFC in there prison bars in a heritage round - but every week doesnt make sense. Plus, you now have one of the best jumpers anyway.

Nobody gives a shit about the two AFL teams in Adelaide. In one case that includes their own players, past and present.

Interest level in the local bush league = zero.

what on earth are you on about... Port Magpies do wear a different design to the black and white... but port power don't... that's because port power play in the same league as Collingwood... but port magpies don't...

Now sturt double blues... i don't know them... but if I was to guess... they don't play in the same league as the Carlton Blues... now I'm gonna go on a limb and say, that they don't have the CFC emblem and if they do, I'm pretty sure they didn't come up with that prior to 1864...

apart from that, our jumper is the 1 colour... and sturt double blue don't own 1 colour

kiwis2.jpg

502155-power-defeated-by-suns.jpg

Yes it is terrible when clubs steal someone else's jumper.........................

Port entered a competition with a competing jumper and sensibly had entry conditions placed on their jumper. Collingwood naturally ensured they protected their brand and image, as their members demand. Carlton wore a clash jumper that clashed with a teaam in another competition. Talk about a stretch.

The only issue in all of this is that Carlton wore a clash jumper they didn't need to wear.

If there is any hypocrisy it is that Port are allowed to remain in a competition they entered at the expense of financially struggling club with a low support base and poor crowds.

there is absolutely no issue. in the days of clash jumpers clubs are going to bring out a new design every few years and the logical step after white was another shade of blue. nothing to do with sturt who are now a small time SANFL club and let's face it, like the rest of those clubs have lost respect and identity. the new breed of football fan doesn't know what a sturt or glenelg is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I very much doubt the NFL would allow the prison bars or the monogram or any other design element native to Australian football jumpers to replace the supersized numbers on the front of their guernseys.

American sports are a joke with the lack of uniform restrictions they wear - Almost half the teams in the NBA wear blue...

705vavfv6ge2zmdyd43qe6xig.gif
sov6a9sqe11uhhtfhwxb1kbbg.gif
bhne04wvg9vhsajpar0ueyeuc.gif
xuryg1yqs18a2khifsese136q.gif
gfnk3d4zpctndk5hfq34gf2fj.gif
hjh8kgnnl9wfyccgdiawg4qwb.gif
sn2b39e82f4f2f1ibhu3iuv0z.gif
uxtagn7lhf0lt32klthn7piof.gif
sxea46xteggi9q3hjh6ottihh.gif
2pe480hl3onqczh6mt532pdml.gif
j3eh973kaa5ipnev7zt8jfhdw.gif
xwdguranugxh1a9vqx5j9fghj.gif
uhbgzri2no6284ioggwxgr8bz.gif

That's 13 out of 30 teams all wearing blue as an away colour - Teams like the Hawks, Bobcats, Grizzlies and Thunder who never wore blue in the past have been allowed to change their away uniforms to blue, which is utterly ridiculous.

I'd love to see PA Magpies wear the black and white stripes in the SANFL.

Can you imagine the massive dummy spit coming from Collingwood.

Bet there would be a massive stink and sook go on from the Mexicans.

I'd love to see PA Magpies wear the black and white stripes in the SANFL.

Can you imagine the massive dummy spit coming from Collingwood.

Bet there would be a massive stink and sook go on from the Mexicans.

Only if we're allowed to enter Swan Districts into the SANFL wearing their same jumper.

American sports are a joke with the lack of uniform restrictions they wear - Almost half the teams in the NBA wear blue...

705vavfv6ge2zmdyd43qe6xig.gif
sov6a9sqe11uhhtfhwxb1kbbg.gif
bhne04wvg9vhsajpar0ueyeuc.gif
xuryg1yqs18a2khifsese136q.gif
gfnk3d4zpctndk5hfq34gf2fj.gif
hjh8kgnnl9wfyccgdiawg4qwb.gif
sn2b39e82f4f2f1ibhu3iuv0z.gif
uxtagn7lhf0lt32klthn7piof.gif
sxea46xteggi9q3hjh6ottihh.gif
2pe480hl3onqczh6mt532pdml.gif
j3eh973kaa5ipnev7zt8jfhdw.gif
xwdguranugxh1a9vqx5j9fghj.gif
uhbgzri2no6284ioggwxgr8bz.gif

That's 13 out of 30 teams all wearing blue as an away colour - Teams like the Hawks, Bobcats, Grizzlies and Thunder who never wore blue in the past have been allowed to change their away uniforms to blue, which is utterly ridiculous.

Who cares? They all wear white uniforms for home games too, even the Lakers (on Sundays) who had been the only team in the league to wear gold (or any colour other than white) at home for 30-35 years. As long as the away team's uniform doesn't clash with the home team's, they should be able to wear whatever they want.

Only if we're allowed to enter Swan Districts into the SANFL wearing their same jumper.

Would not bother me as long as the home team gets to wear what it wants and the away team has a suitable clash jumper.

Totally ridiculous for a club to own 2 colours and stripes.

Full time joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Guernsey Theft, Hypocrisy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back