Guernsey Theft, Hypocrisy

Remove this Banner Ad

American sports are a joke with the lack of uniform restrictions they wear - Almost half the teams in the NBA wear blue...

That's 13 out of 30 teams all wearing blue as an away colour - Teams like the Hawks, Bobcats, Grizzlies and Thunder who never wore blue in the past have been allowed to change their away uniforms to blue, which is utterly ridiculous.

The day that the AFL is anywhere near as big and popular around the world as the NBA is, is the day we can start bagging the NBA.

The day that the AFL is anywhere near as big and popular around the world as the NBA is, is the day we can start bagging the NBA.
My comment had nothing to do with the AFL, and I am not affiliated with the AFL in any way... Why do I have to wait for clearance that the AFL is bigger worldwide than the NBA to be able to criticise the NBA? :rolleyes:

No, they actually stole it from PAFC, early last century.

;)

Actually it was from the South Australian Colonial team. We wore the black and white vertical stripe jumper in inter-colonial footy and then State footy untill the late 1920s. Piping shrike being the state emblem.

Because Brittania's colors of blue and white with a scarlet sash were similar to Footscray's, the new Collingwood team had to change and they opted for black and white vertical stripes on the suggestion of William Crawley, a member who had been impressed by the then black and white colors of the SA inter-colonial team. He also suggested the ``Magpies'' nickname which has become synonymous with the club from its very first game.

http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbourne_details.php?id=695

The National Sports Museum in Melbourne has one of those jumpers on display with the history behind it.

Collingwood wore the Black and White before Port. Port adopting it in 1901, Collingwood 1892.

yeah we changed to black and white from blue and white hoopes (i'm pretty sure) when we realised we would ultimately be the most successful football club in the land wearing said colors. collingwood did well and almost got a six-peat like us, but. nice to see they got another flag last season

;)

kiwis2.jpg

502155-power-defeated-by-suns.jpg

Yes it is terrible when clubs steal someone else's jumper.........................

Fully expecting a last resort haka lead by Brogan to fire Port up this weekend. Watch out, Swans!

I'd love to see PA Magpies wear the black and white stripes in the SANFL.

Can you imagine the massive dummy spit coming from Collingwood.

Bet there would be a massive stink and sook go on from the Mexicans.
Why anybody from Collingwood or remotely connected with Collingwood would give a flying **** what PA Magpies wear in some suburban comp at the arse end of the earth is beyond me. :confused:

I'd love to see PA Magpies wear the black and white stripes in the SANFL.

Can you imagine the massive dummy spit coming from Collingwood.

Bet there would be a massive stink and sook go on from the Mexicans.
I just don't understand this post at all on any level. Port do wear black and white stripes. If you want to change the jumper to be a Collingwood jumper just to get up Collingwood's nose though then I can maybe understand why Port are where they are and going nowhere in either comp. You might get a smart arse crack from Eddie and a bot of stick on sites like this one, but that would be about it. SANFL Port can wear what they like. And Mexicans?

I can't believe the Carlton home jumper is exactally the same as the Coolangatta Footbal Club's jumper.

Something must be done.

2 clubs based in different states and in totally different leagues can't have the same jumper!

The op is is off his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree, but I wasn't saying that basketball was a better game, I meant that the NBA as a league is greater than the AFL...

Because of its parity? Or its strikes and lock-outs? Or the commissioner rigging the draft? Or allowing teams to sign multiple superstars at the expense of smaller market teams?

Yeah, it's a well-oiled machine.

I can't believe the Carlton home jumper is exactally the same as the Coolangatta Footbal Club's jumper.

Something must be done.

2 clubs based in different states and in totally different leagues can't have the same jumper!

The op is is off his head.

I know, that's terrible. Next thing you know, the Coolangatta Football Club will want to replace you in the AFL. And why not, they've probably won a heap of premierships in a lesser league, yet still think they're good enough to come in and redefine what true football is all about, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Guernsey Theft, Hypocrisy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back