Gumby pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

BXY1moqCAAAX4k8.jpg:large

speculative?

I guess... maybe you could have got a gun at 55...

Anyway, good get for you guys in my opinion. Very sad for Essendon supporters but you can't wish him anything other than the best. I hope he wins a flag with you guys. There, I said it.

Good luck Gumby, I'll never forget that goal you kicked at the gabba

Well played Lance. I hope his body just holds up!

Happy to have him. Big question for me is, does this see the end of Keplar "the accidental hero" Bradley. Wonder if there's room for them both on our list. I wouldn't be surprised to see him delisted, as unsentimental as it'd seem.

Happy to have him. Big question for me is, does this see the end of Keplar "the accidental hero" Bradley. Wonder if there's room for them both on our list. I wouldn't be surprised to see him delisted, as unsentimental as it'd seem.

With Mellington likely being delisted, if we delisted Kepler as well it would mean using pick 77. I personally would try to get Mitch Thorp with that pick, but if he was not available then you could look at redrafting kepler or drafting another KPF.

I'm totally wrapped to have Scotty on board. From all reports a ripper bloke off the field. Fingers crossed the injuries stay away and he can stay on the park!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Mellington likely being delisted, if we delisted Kepler as well it would mean using pick 77. I personally would try to get Mitch Thorp with that pick, but if he was not available then you could look at redrafting kepler or drafting another KPF.

Kep historically speaking provides more of a scoring 'threat' than a scoring 'certainty' - but personally I'm a fan and a big believer in the "Kep effect" so I would keep him; his versatility and experience give him a slight selection edge over Hannath currently, even though I believe that Hannath will end up being the better player over the long run.

Good post - I also support delisting Kepler. Kepler seems like a good bloke but sentimentality counts for nothing in the world of professional sport.

Kepler is not even close to best 22 - add in a knee recon - plus a history of inconsistent performances - I think it is time Ross gave him a gold watch.

We should nurse him in cotton wool early in the year and unleash the beast at the pointy end of the season.

I think he would only need to travel interstate every second trip, that would give him 14-16 games a year assuming he doesnt get injured which would be perfect.

I would consider a similar rest for Pav, McPharlin, Sandi and maybe a couple of others.

I think he would only need to travel interstate every second trip, that would give him 14-16 games a year assuming he doesnt get injured which would be perfect.

I would consider a similar rest for Pav, McPharlin, Sandi and maybe a couple of others.

If you think our team is good enough to implement a full rotations policy in the home and away season you are seriously delusional. It will be very hard to go top 4 again this year - other teams have drafted in and will only get better.

The notion that we should start resting players (at any time before the last couple of rounds of the regular season) is simply madness.

I note that Freo chose Gumby's highlights very selectively.

Their highlights reel demonstrates his ability to take uncontested/semi-contested marks in a relatively open forward line and follow it up with a goal - as opposed to showing his more spectacular hanging speccies or over-the-top congested pack marks.

Given Gumby's back problems, meethinks he will be under instructions to keep his feet on the ground wherever possible and win possessions by either using his height or leading into space - as opposed to attempting the spectacular go-for-broke grabs he was known for earlier in his career. Pav is the master of the well-timed bump in a marking contest and his body is in far better nick as a result so maybe Gumby can pick up a few tips from watching Matt.

On a side note, running hard and leading is how Tabs earns most of his possessions currently, which should give him far greater career longevity if he can keep that playing style up and make his impressive endurance work for him. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gumby pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Back