Gurnsey

Remove this Banner Ad

The "purple haze" jumper looks good and from an outsiders perspective, i feel it would be good as your home strip.

To have Purple and White as your two colours and to invert the colours should a clash arise is the best way to go in my opinion.

I think it's still a clash. If Fremantle was to play North, Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney away, I believe they would wear the original jumper, not the white one. If this changed, then it would be more an away strip rather than just a clash.

Because if they wore it against North, Geelong or Sydney it would CAUSE a clash. Which obviously would not be allowed... You are the away team, so even if your away guernsey clashes you are forced to wear your home guernsey.

Example, the Eagles wear the Royal Blue as an away strip, not as a clash strip. However if we verse the Bulldogs away, we must wear our home strip because the royal causes a clash which is OUR problem to fix.

The same goes for Fremantle, from what i have seen, you wear it in all away games unless it would cause a clash.

And back to the topic, keep the white as away and bring in the purple haze as home. If you must keep the green and red on the guernsey in some fashion then i would suggest your half coloured cuffs. So the outside of both home and away cuffs would be green or red (depending on which arm), the inside, white. Would look good and be just a small touch of green and red to keep with your tradition.

The same goes for Fremantle, from what i have seen, you wear it in all away games unless it would cause a clash.

Even when we play away to Sydney? Our home jumper as it stands is our normal jumper and the white jumper is just a clash jumper. However our home jumper, being darker colours, tends to clash with quite a few jumpers around the league so the white jumper is used more frequently.

Personally I'd either have it purple and white as our colours or bring back the green away jumper (That doesn't really clash with anybody except possibly Port)

My position remains unchanged.

Purple Haze - Home

Reverse Haze - Away

Original Green Away Jumper - 3rd Strip/Away Clash

The best combination.:thumbsu:

Retire the original home jumper to a place of honour at the Club.

Because if they wore it against North, Geelong or Sydney it would CAUSE a clash. Which obviously would not be allowed... You are the away team, so even if your away guernsey clashes you are forced to wear your home guernsey.

Example, the Eagles wear the Royal Blue as an away strip, not as a clash strip. However if we verse the Bulldogs away, we must wear our home strip because the royal causes a clash which is OUR problem to fix.

Or you could say that the original jumper is worn at all times, unless there is a clash, in which case, the white jumper is worn. As you have said above, the away team is responsible for solving the clash if one exists, so the clash strip is worn only in away games. That doesn't make it an away strip.

Or you could say that the original jumper is worn at all times, unless there is a clash, in which case, the white jumper is worn. As you have said above, the away team is responsible for solving the clash if one exists, so the clash strip is worn only in away games. That doesn't make it an away strip.

Worn;

R1 v Collingwood
R3 v West Coast
R5 v Adelaide
R7 v Melbourne
R9 v Carlton
R11 v Brisbane
R13 v St Kilda
R17 v Port Adelaide
R21 v Richmond

Not Worn;

R15 v Geelong
R19 v Sydney

You didn't wear it in 2 games last year, both those teams have majority white (Geelong being front and back, Sydney just the front). Your home guernsey certainly does not clash with all the teams it is worn against. You wear it far more than a team that wears a guernsey just as a clash.

But either way, what does it matter? The more it is worn the better. It looks far nicer than the home guernsey.

My position remains unchanged.

Purple Haze - Home

Reverse Haze - Away

Original Green Away Jumper - 3rd Strip/Away Clash

The best combination.:thumbsu:

Retire the original home jumper to a place of honour at the Club.

freosetzc4.jpg

I don't mind the cuffs when they are half coloured. It's too much when it is full. I wouldn't even mind the 3rd jumper you proposed to be half coloured cuffs as well.

freosetzc4.jpg

I don't mind the cuffs when they are half coloured. It's too much when it is full. I wouldn't even mind the 3rd jumper you proposed to be half coloured cuffs as well.

I don't personally like the colour trim on the sleeves on the Purple and reverse haze, but it looks fine with the green strip. Thats a minor things anyways. If they had it I wouldn't lose sleep. Really wish we started using the Green strip again. Green is a good colour and it is exclusively Fremantles along with the famous Purple.

To me, that is a great selection of playing guernseys. :):thumbsu:

Home, Away, 3rd strip - what more could you want?

There's no way we clash with that many teams. It seems pretty obvious to me that the white jumper is our designated away strip unless it clashes with our opponents.

We even wear the white jumper when we're the away team in the derby and there's no way we clash with the eagles.

Here you guys go if you want to give it a go of modifying your guernsey (and have photoshop).

Download the PSD:
http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBSM25GaTFqV0NGa1E9PQ

To edit the layers:
The shapes are just a matter of clicking the colour box next to the layer and changing it.
The rasterized layers are just a matter of right clicking the layer in the layer pallette, choosing blending options and clicking colour overlay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love for the club to go with the purple haze jumper for all home games and the white for all the away games where there is no clash. Without a doubt they are the two best jumpers at the club and I would argue they are two of the better jumpers in the afl.

Whether you love it or hate the subject comes up a lot. I think if they club is unsure they should put it to a vote for the members.....

They did in 2005. That's why we no longer wear the 'away strip'
Purple Haze was an option for the home strip and it was voted down.

Can't expect to have a poll every 4 or so years. Having said that, as I've mentioned before, changing to the purple guernsey would be Ok with me, and was what I voted for then.

They did in 2005. That's why we no longer wear the 'away strip'
Purple Haze was an option for the home strip and it was voted down.

Can't expect to have a poll every 4 or so years. Having said that, as I've mentioned before, changing to the purple guernsey would be Ok with me, and was what I voted for then.

Yeah I remember that poll. I thought the Purple Haze actually defeated the original home jumper as preferred choice [though I am admittably not 100% certain of that]. I voted for the Purple Haze home and still love the reverse haze white kit. It's a real winner that one.

thanks go to mero for this excellent design.. I think we should keep this one.

Fremantle-Home-2005.gif

its the same as our original but with slightly darker colours. when I see fremantle win a premiership, I want it to be in this jumper!

Yeah I remember that poll. I thought the Purple Haze actually defeated the original home jumper as preferred choice [though I am admittably not 100% certain of that]. I voted for the Purple Haze home and still love the reverse haze white kit. It's a real winner that one.

I'd be surprised if it won the vote, at the store they said it was the one they sold the least of.

What would be the point of having a poll and then ignoring the result? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gurnsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back