Gut feeling

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 7, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I live in London, so I don't see games week in week out. But when I was watching every week, I would go into a game with a pretty good sense of how we would go. I know we haven't troubled the Saints much this year but these are much different circumstances.
I just want to get a gauge on what everyone's 'gut feeling' is about this week?
Please be objective, no need to be positive for the sake of it, if you think we need to do something special, then say so. But if you genuinely believe we are great chance (and do hope for some of these) then let me know.

I won't be betting on the doggies this week. I think St Kilda are the favourites and they deserve to be. They have a more complete team personnel wise, and have as many match winners as we do.

I think the one thing that could tip things our way is if we get the jump on them early. If we're four goals up at quarter time I think a bit of panic could creep in. St Kilda are very reliant on every single player playing their designated role in the lock down style, so if that starts to fall apart because their players start to worry about their 20-2 season disappearing down the drain, we might just blow the game apart.

So I'll be at the game, yelling my lungs out and fully hoping and optimistic that we will win, but I'm far from certain that's what will happen.

When the Dogs turn up to play as a team of 22 players and play 4 quarters, I truly believe, we have the talent and game to beat any other...

The only problem is, we have played 4 quarter footy maybe 3-4 times for the entire year. If they can be motivated enough to come out firing and set the precedence early, they can prevail. Problem being, if we aren't completely on our game, it'll take a very poor display from St Kilda to get us over the line.

Fingers crossed they take a page from Ward's book and play hard uncompromised, skilful, attacking footy.

I'll be devastated if we lose, but if a 4 quarter effort is put in and still St Kilda win, they'll deserve it.

St. Kilda will go in favorites for a reason, I'm hoping the week off will play against them as it often can if we are on top of our game and can beat them in the midfield and get on top of Riewoldt and Kosi we should win.

I was at the game last night and Im very happy we got up but to tbh I saw absolutely no evidence whatsoever that we are any chance to beat the Saints.

Like Snake I will be at the PF, yelling my head off and willing the boys to play the game of their lives, but on the evidence that I have seen in the last 2 weeks I am not confident of beating the saints.

IMO.

i think we are a great chance against the saints. We looked much more composed going into the f50 this week and wont be blasting away to easy mark for the st kilda defence. There were numerous times last night we held the ball up and looked for an option and were very patient.

We have an apetite for the contested footy also so we should be a real good chance.

I think we're a chance next week. Just a gut feel.

For some reason, I can see the Saints feeling a bit nervous - "we've won 21 games...we can't lose now!" If that kind of feeling sets in, mistakes can happen.

It's a preliminary final - it's different.

Saints are beatable but we must be ready to play from the opening bounce and everything has to go right for us.

We have to be committed and disciplined (as we were against Brisbane) and Eade can't just concede unlimited free possessions to StKilda's half backs.

i think we are a great chance against the saints. We looked much more composed going into the f50 this week and wont be blasting away to easy mark for the st kilda defence. There were numerous times last night we held the ball up and looked for an option and were very patient.

We have an apetite for the contested footy also so we should be a real good chance.

I hope you are right mate. :thumbsu:

Would rain on Friday night help us?
I am talking pissing down rain or would that help them out because of their tall forwards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My gut tells me we will win this. I just feel like we're ready to go, St.Kilda will feel the weight of the world on their shoulders. Go dogs.

my gut tells me we will win this. I just feel like we're ready to go, st.kilda will feel the weight of the world on their shoulders. Go dogs.
st kilda will feel wat we have for 20 f*cking years f*ck the lid take it off we will win this and we will win in style go doggies make us proud and make history and if we win i know for a fact i will be crying.

Go doggies woof!

Saints are the only team that have towelled us up twice this year.
We have played shithouse against other top teams and have reeled them in only to stumble at the final hurdle - see Geelong and Collingwood earlier in the year. We managed to turn these results around when the pressure was on us to get a top 4 spot. We know we can beat those teams but the Saints are an unknown quantity against us at the moment.
When we turned it all around after the West Coast game we started playing St Kilda style footy - that is, unbeleivable pressure all over the ground. So it will be interesting to see us play their game style against them now that we are flying.
St Kilda gain more advantage than any other team from playing at Etihad so the fact it is at the G is actually in our favour.
I think St Kilda just need to be reminded that they are one loss away from being that ordinary team that we had the wood on last year. Their personal hasn't changed it's all in their heads and a bit of pressure when the going gets tough will bring all those demons flooding back for them.
My gut feeling is I think Gilbee, Aker, Johnson, Boyd, Lake, Morris, Cooney etc... are going to teach the Saints a lesson in playing finals footy on Friday night.

Saints are the only team that have towelled us up twice this year.
We have played shithouse against other top teams and have reeled them in only to stumble at the final hurdle - see Geelong and Collingwood earlier in the year. We managed to turn these results around when the pressure was on us to get a top 4 spot. We know we can beat those teams but the Saints are an unknown quantity against us at the moment.
When we turned it all around after the West Coast game we started playing St Kilda style footy - that is, unbeleivable pressure all over the ground. So it will be interesting to see us play their game style against them now that we are flying.
St Kilda gain more advantage than any other team from playing at Etihad so the fact it is at the G is actually in our favour.
I think St Kilda just need to be reminded that they are one loss away from being that ordinary team that we had the wood on last year. Their personal hasn't changed it's all in their heads and a bit of pressure when the going gets tough will bring all those demons flooding back for them.
My gut feeling is I think Gilbee, Aker, Johnson, Boyd, Lake, Morris, Cooney etc... are going to teach the Saints a lesson in playing finals footy on Friday night.
^^ this

My gut feeling is that we will lose...but, we played two terrible games against the Saints, who will think that they have our measure. We got totally wacked by Geelong last year in the H&A and and should have could have beaten them in the PF.

I think it will be a close loss or possibly, a very tight win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gut feeling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back