Gutted

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaymin said:
Hey we actually got 2 centre clearances in a row towards the end of the 3rd quarter. I was in shock.

You're right. How are you meant to win games when the opposition are getting the take aways every single time.

Hille and Rioli back will hopefully fix this to a degree. As would having Hird in there instead of trying to prove that we're not reliant on him.

I agree with Harris 10 that McPhee is not good enough in close. He's much more suited to a wing.

One Word - Disgraceful. 5 Blokes Could Hold Their Heads Up Last Night - Mj, Lucas, Henners, Jj And Fletcher, The Rest Were ********. And James Hird, Lets Not Mince Words His Career Is Over, Absolutely Over.

Bomaz_Magic said:
One Word - Disgraceful. 5 Blokes Could Hold Their Heads Up Last Night - Mj, Lucas, Henners, Jj And Fletcher, The Rest Were ********. And James Hird, Lets Not Mince Words His Career Is Over, Absolutely Over.

agree - the big three are no longer Voss, Hird and Buckley. It's now Judd, Riewoldt and Tredrea.

Daytripper said:
I thought Hird on Whitnall wasn't a bad move. Made Whitnall be more conscious of his opponent and therefore he didn't play as loose as normal.

However, he should have been on the ball or up forward in the last half.

And WTF was Lovett-Murray doing on DeLuca and Bradley on Waite. Surely it should have been the other way around.

More like why the ******** was NATHAN LOVETT MURRAY playing full stop.

Raskolnikov said:
agree - the big three are no longer Voss, Hird and Buckley. It's now Judd, Riewoldt and Tredrea.

truer words haven't been spoken and it really hurts to agree with it.

I was bloody impressed with our first 3 quarters.
If it wasn't for our lack of ability in running out games...
and the ********ing lemons (umpires)
I think we would've won very comfortably.
And had Lloyd been there......

Blues_Man said:
great game by both teams very entertaining to watch .the bombers still have a nucleus of a good side. Johnson , welsch, and Lucas were sensational I always believed the blues could win ,they only had to start converting their inside 50's (which they dominated) and they were a chance ..luckily they did that in the last quarter. fwiw i am tipping you to pummel the Hawks next week
Gee, i agree with a carlton supporter.

alex1fun said:
I was bloody impressed with our first 3 quarters.
If it wasn't for our lack of ability in running out games...
and the ********ing lemons (umpires)
I think we would've won very comfortably.
And had Lloyd been there......
yeah and if the blues had of kicked straight you would have lost by ten goals :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh everyone is gutted we lost another close game to the 'blue-scum' but lets not wallow in the doom & gloom people..............ffs..........there were a lot of positives to come out of the game ...............aside from reliables like Lucas, Gadget, Hird.............i thought it was great to see MJ actually look interested in the game, Henno was not to bad in the centre ruck contests but would like to have seen Cartledge get more game time............not sure why Sheeds didnt throw Cartledge forward in the last quarter...............Wessels & Angus continues to show promise.............Solly presented well in a depleted forward line..............but i certainly agree we have concerns with quite a few others................if McPhee isnt playin injured i'll go he for tiggy.............Winderlich is not up to it..........period.....................Bolts did ok on kouta late in the game but for the second week in a row his disposal has not been up to scratch..........in fact our team's general field kicking has been less than satisfactory in the first two games & not always as a result of directly applied pressure.

Anyways .............message to sheeds............give 'em a good old fashioned flogging on the track this week!

juzz_blues said:
no offence but your future looks pretty ********** (except for bradley)

no offense, but your mum was lousy....

i mean, lucky you guys didn't kick 15 goals on us and make a mockery of our terrible team

Daytripper said:
We've got C'wood in Rnd 5. The only positive that I can think of is that we were in the same position this time last year.

We were in a worse situation last year. Not in points, but certainly in percentage.

Seriously, you guys deserved to win that. If you think playing only 3 quarters is frustrating, try playing only 1 quarter. A very unsatisfying win for us. Sure it's four points but it felt like you lost (If you know what I mean). I really did think it was your night. Mark Johnson kicked an awesome goal while in a tackle, Lucas got the ball to bounce over our defenders head, Lucas again kicking a 50 meter bomb from the boundary line. Remarkable. However when Whitnall got a goal from a ball bouncing over your defender's head in the last quarter, I knew we had the game.

Hird plays a game out of position and suddenly his career is over? That's crazy talk. He's going to have to play more games across halfback in his last few seasons, and i thought he handled Lance quite well.. well untill he cramped up in the last quarter..

Watch him this week - BOG.

How long before Hille and Allan return?

the fact is the season is over. okay we may have been worse of last year but last year we played the top two sides at the start. this year we have played the dees who are probably a top 6 side and the blues who are more likely a 9-12th side. if you can't win by being five goals in front against carlton who arent world beaters than your season is over.

the season is not over. it is not a fact. it is round two. THAT is a fact. The side has played some poor football over the past few weeks, but there is signs of improvement and two key areas can be dramatically improved with a) the inclusion of the best full foward in the league, and b) going into a game without a first gamer as our only true ruckman. Fix a and b, Solly can go back, Hird go foward and bam! it's a whole new team on the field.

go team said:
the season is not over. it is not a fact. it is round two. THAT is a fact. The side has played some poor football over the past few weeks, but there is signs of improvement and two key areas can be dramatically improved with a) the inclusion of the best full foward in the league, and b) going into a game without a first gamer as our only true ruckman. Fix a and b, Solly can go back, Hird go foward and bam! it's a whole new team on the field.

Don't forget our best midfielder pulled out just before the game and we did play Alvey - that is like playing one man down.

We aren't going very far, but i do tend to agree witht he opinion that by the ned of the year we could be playing some really good footy. Problem is - we prob. won't be in a position to make it count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back