Guy Sebastian

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Portmagpies
I hope the try-hard falls flat on his fuzznut.

That first single would makes dogs bark.
I really dont understand why you would say something so negative like that. Try Hard? how ? he is doing what he can to make it. god people like you **** me.
you wouldnt have the talent of one of his fuzz nuts

I got it Monday night (thanks mum!), and it took me a few listens to get into it, but I definitely like it on the whole. I must admit that I think "Angels..." is one of the weaker tracks, but that's more because of the wonderful 80's midi backing than his actual singing. Possibly a bit too r&b to be a constant stayer in my CD player, but still definitely a good one when in the right mood :)

Originally posted by Portmagpies
I hope the try-hard falls flat on his fuzznut.

That first single would makes dogs bark.

Now there's a cliche, tired response if ever I've seen one. He happens to be musically talented, which therefore makes him a try-hard?? Perhaps you and your musical knowledge can justify some reasons why you think he's a try-hard, and why the dogs might bark at his single??

He shouldn't be singing whiny R&B fluff ballads, it's a waste of his obvious singing talent, and it will kill his career. They should have written a garage album for him, (although I wouldn't imagine that Mr John"love ballad" Foreman is very hip to the garage scene). His single is bollocks, and I could see why dogs might bark at it.

Originally posted by harry_hawka
Now there's a cliche, tired response if ever I've seen one. He happens to be musically talented, which therefore makes him a try-hard?? Perhaps you and your musical knowledge can justify some reasons why you think he's a try-hard, and why the dogs might bark at his single??

could you please refer to any song that the fuzz nut has written please.
musically talented my arse.
if and when i hear an original tune from this glorified karaoke singer i will reassess my opinion of his "musical talents".
until then(and i aint holding my breath) i too hope he falls flat on his face along with every other manufactured 'pop' star.

Originally posted by tomaraya
could you please refer to any song that the fuzz nut has written please.
musically talented my arse.
if and when i hear an original tune from this glorified karaoke singer i will reassess my opinion of his "musical talents".
until then(and i aint holding my breath) i too hope he falls flat on his face along with every other manufactured 'pop' star.

He wrote "I 4 U" which is on the album, co-wrote 2 other songs and arranged his own versions of "When Dove's Cry" and "What a wonderful world".

Nothing ****s me more than people like you who are negative for the sake of being negative.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,8131586^661,00.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That angels single is boring rubbish. And I dont think its tall poppy syndrome to bag his music or status....he's a good singer, sure hes a good bloke too. but that song is just a production line hit that appeals to the consumer majority for as long as it can hold their fleeting attention.

To anyone that really does want a meaningful discussion on Guy, here are my thoughts:

He wrote 3 tracks on the album.

Only Angels was not majorly rearranged by him. All other tracks were actually rewritten by Guy but he was not given credit for the arrangements due to liscensing issues.

The 3 songs he wrote for the album are 3 of the best 4 tracks on the album.

This guy is supremely talented, whether you like his music or not. His voice is extremely rare, his musical talents are even rarer.

While pop stars travel the world to work with the best producers, Guy only needs to look inside because he has it all in there.

The album is pretty good for a 6 day recording and while it has about 3 songs that could be sung by anyone, the other 9 are enjoyable.

His second album is were we will see his genius because he gets to write everything.

BMG are extremely happy with him, not just because of the sales, but after seeing him work on the album, they can see that he has something that the other manafactured acts don't have, the whole package.

My only problem with his success is that he wont be singing at Planet Shakers next year.

Originally posted by Moti
To anyone that really does want a meaningful discussion on Guy, here are my thoughts:

Only Angels was not majorly rearranged by him. All other tracks were actually rewritten by Guy but he was not given credit for the arrangements due to liscensing issues.

This guy is supremely talented, whether you like his music or not. His voice is extremely rare, his musical talents are even rarer.

While pop stars travel the world to work with the best producers, Guy only needs to look inside because he has it all in there.

The album is pretty good for a 6 day recording and while it has about 3 songs that could be sung by anyone, the other 9 are enjoyable.

His second album is were we will see his genius because he gets to write everything.

BMG are extremely happy with him, not just because of the sales, but after seeing him work on the album, they can see that he has something that the other manafactured acts don't have, the whole package.

My only problem with his success is that he wont be singing at Planet Shakers next year.

Same church, I presume. Go peddle your wares elsewhere.

Originally posted by Beffery
arranged his own versions of "When Dove's Cry" and "What a wonderful world".

So he decided what songs went in what order in the Cd.

I think it's a sad indication of where our music industry is heading when we have to manufacture 'Idols'.

What is there to Idolise about him anyway, he is a complete ****ing pussy.

Originally posted by Moti

Tracks re-written?, never heard of that before. He either wrote them, co-wrote them or didn't write them at all. It's much more likely that that he was credited for songs which he didn't write, rather than the other way around. It is common practice in the music biz to do such (although usually not with manufactured radio friendly top 40 music), so as an artist which had no creative input, can still collect on the royalties. The most famous case of this is probably Stuart Copeland's contract clause with the Police, where he was to be credited with the writing of at least one song off every Police album, regardless of whether he actually wrote one or not. I'm quite surprised to hear that Guy got any album credits at all, and if this is really true, he either has a very good manager, or somebody somewhere has a conscience. The latter being highly unlikely in this industry.

Originally posted by Milkman
He shouldn't be singing whiny R&B fluff ballads, it's a waste of his obvious singing talent, and it will kill his career.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

I'm not the least bit surprised. It wasn't going to matter who won this contest - they were always going to be doomed to record vacuous empty pop for all eternity.

I thought Guy had the potential to be something much more interesting than that. Maybe he still can, while it isn't too late.

I almost wish Shannon actually had won, because he deserves this music and this music deserves him. Guy deserves better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Guy Sebastian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back