Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Everybody please feel welcome to put in your designs for Team GWS (Great West Sydney) ill upload the logo if you need it
a65cf6e071.jpg

I've sorta had this idea floating around in my head for a while now but decided to put it into a jumper when I saw this thread. I don't think it will really clash with anyone.
westsydfrontbackcopy.jpg

I know it's pretty much the same as south sydney but the hoops are a traditional design and the green and red aren't horrible colours like some other teams. (Freo's purple and Port's teal)

oh really sorry i didn't realize that they had already decided on the colours. But as I said thats just really an idea that has been floating around in my head for a while.

Aren't blue, white and red the Bulldogs colours, how does that work. Port aren't allowed to have just black and white but GWS can have red, white and blue.

:EDIT: The sponsors where just to make it look more official and they where the main ones on the AFL website.

Yeh I thought it might have been something like that. If they don't end up using red, white and blue (95% sure they won't) they should use the green and red even if it isn't in the hoops design because the only other team using those colours are Fremantle and there kits are dominated by purple and white, and if GWS don't use green and red Freo should cut the purple and white and just have the green and red.

From a Sydney marketing point of view, the green and red hoops would look like a South Sydney Rabbitohs jumper to most people.

They'll want something distinctive, but also obviously typical NSW - eg expect two-tone blue, maybe with some red trim.

From a Sydney marketing point of view, the green and red hoops would look like a South Sydney Rabbitohs jumper to most people.

They'll want something distinctive, but also obviously typical NSW - eg expect two-tone blue, maybe with some red trim.

Not criticizing you or anything because that probably would be the best idea, but blue has been done to death in the AFL.

Umm maybe something like Sturt (from the SANFL) with a pale blue jumper and darker blue insignia, picture Carlton but pale blue instead of navy blue and navy blue instead of white.

:EDIT: heres a link to the sturt jumper. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Sturt_Double_Blues_Jumper.svg/263px-Sturt_Double_Blues_Jumper.svg.png

I'm a bit disappointed with this one. After ages of screwing around with W's, this was the best I could get. It's a bit plain, maybe a bit too much like a rugby top but oh well.
Western Sydney Wolves (as has been suggested many times before)
WesternSydneyWolvesHome2.png

Umm maybe something like Sturt (from the SANFL) with a pale blue jumper and darker blue insignia, picture Carlton but pale blue instead of navy blue and navy blue instead of white.

I did a version for you Ganty (which I think is better anyway)
WesternSydneyWolvesHomelight.png

Hmmm... not to bad that would be an alrite away strip with the white shorts. I like the darker one better so that would be good as a home and then the body white for clash.

Anyway here's my quick attempt based mostly on the Sturt jumper.
gwsfalconsbackfrontcopy.jpg

They're the West Sydney Falcons. Tried to put a bit of red in like Richoagain suggested. The sponsors are just a couple of the main AFL ones to make it look more official.

Hmmm... not to bad that would be an alrite away strip with the white shorts. I like the darker one better so that would be good as a home and then the body white for clash.

That'd be right. Convince me that light blue is the way to go and then change your mind to dark blue. I don't know if I can deal with this.

Anyway. Seeing as I think the jumper I made looks like a rugby jersey. Would having a rugby inspired jumper be good or bad considering that Sydney is rugby territory?
It could be bad because they might want to steer away from anything rugby related but it could be seen as good because it could be seen as AFL taking over rugby.
I dunno, it's probably a fairly pointless question.

Yeh sorry bout that. I've never really liked the Sturt jumper it was just the first thing that popped into my head when Richo' suggested combination of blues and I had made that Falcons one based on Sturt's jumper just to see how it would turn out really, I wasn't planning on posting it here.

About the rugby thing, umm...I don't think they would really want to compete in rugby land with something that looks so much like a rugby kit. I didn't really think of this when I made the green and red hoops. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this on the main board...

I've been working on this concept for a while now.

There seemed to have been a largish demand for green to feature in the GWS team. Green, if used properly and in the right combination, can look great on a sporting team (see Canberra Raiders and more recently NQ Fury in the A-League).

The name "Rams" has also been tossed around, in reference to the sheep/wool industry present in the area. It is the name also used by the NSW/ACT underage teams.

So, with this in mind, i set out to create a uniquely NSW identity, tying in the predominant green with a blue locals can identify with as being NSW. The logo uses the NSW map as a sheild framing the top of an aggressive charging ram. Texturizing the central horn motif is a stylized green waratah, the floral emblem of NSW.

I used the horns as a powerful image on the jumpers, using the same motif to replicate the front of a ram's head. Some people may notice how I've used ISC's trademark double "thick stripe" in the horns, socks and shorts. The green shorts for the away - well, i thought it would be just something a little different.

Thoughts?

I posted this on the main board...

I think the ideas are better than the execution. The colours are fine, the name Rams is fine but the 2 issues I have with it are the horns on the shoulders are a bit too much like West Coasts wings and they look a bit weird, also I think the logo would be better if it looked more like a Ram and less like the map. I think the waratah/horn is great though and is enough to represent NSW without the map. I'd probably use that as a bigger focus for the jumper.

Those are my thoughts but it'd be cool if you showed other ideas with a similar concept because it's definitely something that could be built on to look really good.

What about with a Bulldogs style guernsey. Light Blue jumper with Navy Hoop, flanked with white.

If this looks no good, run it vertically instead of horizontally.

I'd make it but I'm not much chop on the visual side of things so I'll leave it for you guys.

Everybody please feel welcome to put in your designs for Team GWS (Great West Sydney) ill upload the logo if you need it
a65cf6e071.jpg

hmm look at those colours... looks like the AFL wants the Bulldogs to become Western Suburbs Bulldogs...

Quick Bulldogs, change your name back to Footscray...

What about with a Bulldogs style guernsey. Light Blue jumper with Navy Hoop, flanked with white.

If this looks no good, run it vertically instead of horizontally.

I'd make it but I'm not much chop on the visual side of things so I'll leave it for you guys.

Well I did both for you
WesternSydneyWolvesHoopsOutfit.png

WesternSydneyWolvesStripeOutfit.png

They're fine but they're a bit boring. They might look better with a logo as a space filler but on there own I'd say they're too plain.

Far better, This would make the chest Petrude and look huge, the W for Western looks far more pronounced and IMO is ideal for todays marketing line of belief. However I do like Vertical Double Blues flanked by the white for a more traditional Football look

Well I did both for you
WesternSydneyWolvesHoopsOutfit.png

WesternSydneyWolvesStripeOutfit.png

They're fine but they're a bit boring. They might look better with a logo as a space filler but on there own I'd say they're too plain.

Thanks for doing that, I think they are excellent. Too plain? A footy jumper does not need to be complicated. I like the 'Bulldogs' one the best. The vertical would be no good against North....

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back