Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

gwsknights.png

Here's an idea I was playing with, unfinished right now, especially the shield. But tried to incorporate NSW flag into the shield to help lure supporters.

I like it, Incase. They should be going with a "club for all NSWers" philosophy like Adelaide do.

WesternSydney1.png

WesternSydney2.png

I decided this was my favourite of my designs and showed the WS board. They seem okay with it.

I like it, Incase. They should be going with a "club for all NSWers" philosophy like Adelaide do.

WesternSydney1.png

WesternSydney2.png

I decided this was my favourite of my designs and showed the WS board. They seem okay with it.

I think its a nice concept you got going there Lee. I like the way you adapted it into a traditional sash - seems to be your forte :D

One gripe I have is the construction of the WS. It just doesn't scream out a footy team, it might be the dominance of the W (it seems almost twice as thick), or the pointy ends of the S that seem a little 'feminine', or the fact that this isn't replicated in the square ends of the W. Infact they look like two completely different fonts. Maybe try altering the W to match (pointy ends, thinner, more curvy)?

You seem to have won over the WS supporters though, and it's their opinion that matters :thumbsu:

The unfortunate thing is that traditional jumpers like this are unlikely because they will be looking for an emblem that is identifiable, i.e. an animal or some other motif. With a jumper like yours, there is a limit on the monikers that could be applied. Did you have any ideas for a name?

gwsknights.png

Here's an idea I was playing with, unfinished right now, especially the shield. But tried to incorporate NSW flag into the shield to help lure supporters.

Very much in favour of the NSW flavour, but I can't help thinking St Kilda in New Zealand Blackcaps colours (T20 i think - aidan?).

Is the home jumper also supposed to be the alternate?

Not that we won anything in it. I prefer the new ODI strip, went and got it the other day.

The "beige" on the 2010 shirt looks like the copper colour on our ten cent coin for christ's sake.

One gripe I have is the construction of the WS. It just doesn't scream out a footy team, it might be the dominance of the W (it seems almost twice as thick), or the pointy ends of the S that seem a little 'feminine', or the fact that this isn't replicated in the square ends of the W. Infact they look like two completely different fonts. Maybe try altering the W to match (pointy ends, thinner, more curvy)?
It's a bit annoying, I can't seem to get that S right. I might need to start screwing around with the W. As you can see before, when I tried making a big S it also didn't look right.

The unfortunate thing is that traditional jumpers like this are unlikely because they will be looking for an emblem that is identifiable, i.e. an animal or some other motif. With a jumper like yours, there is a limit on the monikers that could be applied. Did you have any ideas for a name?
At this stage of the clubs identity you basically have to make up everything about them so I'm trying to just have a simple monogram that could hopefully be associated with any monkier.

The original inspiration went along the lines of people saying that the people of Western Sydney will want a fairly traditional idea as something too abstract (e.g. Port's original home jumper) would scare fans away and leave them saying "lol the new GayFL team are pussies" (generalisation). I think something like having a wolf of a snake or whatever of the front would have a similar reaction. At the same time I don't think something as plain as hoops or stripes is the way to go either. Especially as new teams like to target the youth. Simple designs like that are fine but I think the club will want to look new and exciting.

Hopefully I get some more ideas along those lines. Thank you for the feedback though.

I've taken another crack at this idea. The idea is to put a modern style monogram on a traditional striped jumper. Or even simpler a mix of old and new as I think the club will want to appear new and exciting but still have a traditional feel about them so they don't end up with an image like Port or Freo.

WesternSydneyKit1a.png

WesternSydneyKit2a.png

I had many shots at the WS but I still don't feel that it's quite there. It needs to look a bit stronger and cooler. Part of this design also tries to take the idea of the traditional "V" but instead make it shaped like a "W" with an "S" around it.
The colours are the NSW state colours because I think this team should take the Adelaide Crows approach and try to be the team for their entire state.

But anyway, I think this idea has potential that it hasn't reached yet so any feedback would be appeciated.
Here's a picture of the logo on it's own.
WSNewLogo4.png
I like these.

Well I did both for you
WesternSydneyWolvesHoopsOutfit.png

WesternSydneyWolvesStripeOutfit.png

They're fine but they're a bit boring. They might look better with a logo as a space filler but on there own I'd say they're too plain.

Plain Jumpers are the best... Would like to see the dark and light blue swapped around though and maybe have a white alt strip with dark blue stripe and light blue outline

Very much in favour of the NSW flavour, but I can't help thinking St Kilda in New Zealand Blackcaps colours (T20 i think - aidan?).

Is the home jumper also supposed to be the alternate?

Yeah I did think of the St Kilda element when adding the cross to the guernsey, but it being a very symbolic element of the knights shield and also of the NSW flag I decided to add it anyways.

Yeah it's the light alternate, Away is dark, home is light, so white shorts on home is even lighter, would be needed verse port, essendon, etc. And i've also left Eagles sponsors on the away guernsey, woops, oh well.

WesternSydney1.png

WesternSydney2.png

I really like this! Wouldn't mind you incorporating green orange and black though for a unique design

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried one using the South Sydney colours but added a bit of black trim to make it look better and i also made a clash strip

gwsjumpers.png

They are a bit pixelated and crappy but thats what you get for using paint lol

paint is good if you know how to use it, and clearly you don't

some of the best designs are made in paint

Steady on mate - he's had a crack.

But I have to admit - the colour mix doesn't make me want to vote for it.

As someone said above, the two blues combo is simple but classic, and not really used in the AFL to date - there are a zillion combos available.

paint is good if you know how to use it, and clearly you don't

some of the best designs are made in paint

Its actually not that bad an effort, especially for what I assume is one of their first efforts ( just have not seen him posting around here much)

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Yep. Well said Ebus. Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk (design the design, I dunno something like that :p)

But Liam Boy constructive criticism is better then telling someone he isn't very good why not let him know what's wrong :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back