Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

gws.png

Thoughts?

I'll throw my 2 cents into the ring here as well.

Personally, I use Pixelmator and I find it's really simple to use (unlike GIMP, which I've tried as well). Can't remember how much it was off the top of my head though...

Also, can I mention a great site that gives you alternatives to practically any program. Very useful, imo.

www.alternativeto.net

If the AFL and GWS reckon that American styled franchise names are the way to go they may as well go all the way and at least come up with something better than Giants that at least has some connection to Sydney

2v9w182.png

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the Giants name, but here's my crack at a Giants logo anyway.
The footprint takes its shape from the GWS catchment area on the GWS website map. Indicating a freaking huge giant.
Although in hindsight this would mean WS just got stepped on by its own mascot:eek:. Green for the plains/farmland of West Sydney, and black for Blacktown.

giants.jpg

Now that I see what the logo is, I like it. But maybe it's just me, but I didn't instantly recognise it as a footprint (though I can see why you didn't put the toes at the top, with the shape of the map). Can't complain with the jumper, it's very uncluttered which is a good thing.

Here's my GWS Logo/Jersey Concept. Haven't thought of a name to go with it but here is a basic logo and jumper.

Logo:
Basic logo, nothing special. Made my own GWS monogram after getting inspiration from a few concepts already on here as well as a few of my own ideas.
GWSlogo.jpg

Home Jumper:
Traditional style sash jumper. Used the light/sky blue for the jumper as no other club has this as their main colour, Navy sash and shorts to break up the sky blue and my GWS monogram in the middle just....well I thought it looked good!

GWSHome1.jpg

Clash Jumper:
Just the same as the home instead a light blue sash with navy monogram.
GWSAway1.jpg

Thoughts?

I like the blue on blue sash, but without the logo would be better IMO. Also, a little bit thinner. The logo is good, but the background reminds me of the NSW cricket team for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to you for this Mowse, best GWS design, logo and story so far IMO. This is a good green cause it wouldnt be the same one as Tassie will want to use (key word: WANT, theyre a long way off the afl because GWS got the nod instead) and the black ties in really nicely, as does the flowing yoke onto the back. Top, top, TOP stuff.

Here's my GWS Logo/Jersey Concept. Haven't thought of a name to go with it but here is a basic logo and jumper.

Logo:
Basic logo, nothing special. Made my own GWS monogram after getting inspiration from a few concepts already on here as well as a few of my own ideas.
GWSlogo.jpg

Home Jumper:
Traditional style sash jumper. Used the light/sky blue for the jumper as no other club has this as their main colour, Navy sash and shorts to break up the sky blue and my GWS monogram in the middle just....well I thought it looked good!

GWSHome1.jpg

Clash Jumper:
Just the same as the home instead a light blue sash with navy monogram.
GWSAway1.jpg

Thoughts?

I like it, but as magicjohnson said, I'd thin the sash down a little. I'm on the fence as to whether it should have the monogram on there or not, but I like what you've done with the clash strip, looks clean but still ties in with the home, great work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back