Play Nice Héritier Lumumba blasts Collingwood's racist treatment of him during his career (Civil discussion please)

Remove this Banner Ad

From a Collingwood perspective I'm not sure what else they can do after .Maguire and Buckley extended the olive branch

On the other hand I can understand why HL may not believe Collingwoods intentions are noble given he may think he has already been down that path and seemingly hasnt felt he got a satisfactory hearing

But sometimes in life you have to meet half way and be prepared to listen to the other party in a dispute.

It's a pity this is playing out like this where there unless things change there will likely be no amicable outcome but a lingering and unresolved resentment

After perusing Harry’s latest Twitter offerings, those ‘shrooms appear to have caused him lasting damage.

If Collingwood was truly concerned, they’d contact US authorities and have him assessed.

Psilocybin is chemically similar and produces similar effects to the hallucinogenic used by Cy Walsh. Harry's mind clearly wasn't "ready" and he became a victim.

Last edited:
Going to be great seeing Eddie and Harry mediate wherever it plays out, I sincerely hope they both grow. Two of the Woods biggest idiots of more recent times growing together.

Collingwood have put together a board of Collingwood people to conduct an investigation into whether Collingwood was racist or not..

Can't think of any better way to do it....... :think:

Public derision & denial = public acknowledgement & apology.

The racist and or liar has returned after crawling away after being pegged as a racist and or liar.

Who was the Collingwood player who told you HL was abused through his career? Are you lying about that or are you a racist by your own definition (being silent in the face of racism) or you are lying. Which is it

You are a hypocrite of the worst kind. Crawl away creep

Collingwood have put together a board of Collingwood people to conduct an investigation into whether Collingwood was racist or not..

Can't think of any better way to do it....... :think:

Public derision & denial = public acknowledgement & apology.
Predict the outcome of the Board inquiry.
I suggest they will find small pockets of racism which will be acknowledged but nothing structural. Despite this, the Pies will implement an education program for all staff and players.

That will be it. Matter sorted

I suggest they will find small pockets of racism which will be acknowledged but nothing structural. Despite this, the Pies will implement an education program for all staff and players.

Good prediction, moral giant.

So these are the players that are still on the list before the end of 2013:
-Scott Pendlebury (2005 Draft)
-Steele Sidebottom (2008)
-Ben Reid (2006)
-Brodie Grundy (2012 )
-Tim Broomhead (2012)

All raging racists I'm sure

This is precisely why Collingwood is very much doing the right thing in the way they are handling it. Rather than being subjected to the court of the moral narcissists

The racist and or liar has returned after crawling away after being pegged as a racist and or liar.

Who was the Collingwood player who told you HL was abused through his career? Are you lying about that or are you a racist by your own definition (being silent in the face of racism) or you are lying. Which is it

You are a hypocrite of the worst kind. Crawl away creep
**** you're weird man.. obsessed with me. You just can't cop that Collingwood have failed in providing an acceptable work environment.

I've denounced racism throughout this thread against your rubbish. Not naming the player who confirmed it to me is not being silent in the face of racism, you are delusional, it's just not throwing a bloke under the bus. If he wanted it to be public he'd say it publicly and that's not my decision to make. There are public confirmations from other players as I've pointed out multiple times (McNamara, Egan, Krakouer & Davis) so naming the former team mate doesn't really add anything. I know it happened & I'm comfortable with you spewing all the vitriol you like and calling me whatever you want... liar, racist, whatever. At the end of the day it makes you seem childish that you can't separate the love & loyalty you have for your club from their failings here and the public corroboration of Lumumba's claims from multiple players. Carry on.

Yeah, seems pretty straight forward.. We made mistakes, we have rectified them but it was nothing too deep and we've done some sensitivity training and offered H his private apology & offered him the chance to say his piece. That'll be it.

Wait & see what comes of it, maybe things go a step further and we see an independent audit and then maybe eventually a public apology.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the investigation include Eddies role in this, do they report to Eddie? Like the Police investigating Police. Are we supposed to take this as a bona fide investigation?

fu** you're weird man.. obsessed with me. You just can't cop that Collingwood have failed in providing an acceptable work environment.

I've denounced racism throughout this thread against your rubbish. Not naming the player who confirmed it to me is not being silent in the face of racism, you are delusional, it's just not throwing a bloke under the bus. If he wanted it to be public he'd say it publicly and that's not my decision to make. There are public confirmations from other players as I've pointed out multiple times (McNamara, Egan, Krakouer & Davis) so naming the former team mate doesn't really add anything. I know it happened & I'm comfortable with you spewing all the vitriol you like and calling me whatever you want... liar, racist, whatever. At the end of the day it makes you seem childish that you can't separate the love & loyalty you have for your club from their failings here and the public corroboration of Lumumba's claims from multiple players. Carry on.

Being offended at someone after being called a racist on no basis is pretty natural. It doesn't make me a "weird man" or "obsessed"

You called me a racist on no basis and then came up with your "not being silent in the face of racism" as a justification for calling me a racist rather than apologising like a decent person would.

You are not "denouncing racism" by calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a racist. You are not addressing racism by calling anyone a racist who has a different perspective....you are actually doing the opposite. You are just using "racist" as a self indulgent slur

As I have stated previously, I am sure that HL was subjected casual racism at Collingwood...the kind of casual racism that was pretty ubiquitous from my experience 15 years ago when he was developing his friendship groups around the club. By his own account this stopped as soon as he requested it to be. It doesn't make it right but the wanting a rivisionist public hanging of Collingwood and, particularly, Nathan Buckley by todays cancel culture standards isn't doing anything to address racism.

Being offended at someone after being called a racist on no basis is pretty natural. It doesn't make me a "weird man" or "obsessed"

You called me a racist on no basis and then came up with your "not being silent in the face of racism" as a justification for calling me a racist rather than apologising like a decent person would.

You are not "denouncing racism" by calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a racist. You are not addressing racism by calling anyone a racist who has a different perspective....you are actually doing the opposite. You are just using "racist" as a self indulgent slur

As I have stated previously, I am sure that HL was subjected casual racism at Collingwood...the kind of casual racism that was pretty ubiquitous from my experience 15 years ago when he was developing his friendship groups around the club. By his own account this stopped as soon as he requested it to be. It doesn't make it right but the wanting a rivisionist public hanging of Collingwood and, particularly, Nathan Buckley by todays cancel culture standards isn't doing anything to address racism.
I've explained myself in detail in every post and no I'm not trying to cancel/hang Buckley/Pies but Lumumba should get his acknowledgement & apology after being made out as a liar/crazy/a hysterical sook and hopefully that is going to come. I have nothing else to add so that's it from me..

But if you’re looking for the other side of this, think about the offensive line from the 2001 Miami Hurricanes ... That group consisted of two black guys, a Hispanic tackle, a Canadian center, and a white guard, and they were all best friends, and together they were one of the most dominant offensive lines in college football history. How that worked is completely beyond me ...
Why does Andrew Sharp have trouble understanding how a 21st century college football offensive line comprising players of three ethnicities can develop friendships and win a national championship?

I've explained myself in detail in every post and no I'm not trying to cancel/hang Buckley/Pies but Lumumba should get his acknowledgement & apology after being made out as a liar/crazy/a hysterical sook and hopefully that is going to come. I have nothing else to add so that's it from me..

No. You called me a racist and, rather than apologise, got hoisted on your own petard. Run along

Héritier Lumumba has called out the AFL, and Collingwood Football Club (In particular Eddie Maguire and Nathan Buckley) after he was condemned by the club for speaking out against Maguire's racist comments in 2013. He also speaks of a racist nickname he had from 2005 to 2013 as well as using hallucinogens to cope with anxiety and the distress that had arrived from said comments. He has said that neither Collingwood or the AFL had the capacity or the desire to deal with the concerns that he brought up.

It's a horrible look for Collingwood and very very disappointing that something like this happened and that it was ignored by both the club and the league

Harry cant lose,this will get settled out of court.
The only thing that could save Maguire and Buckley is that they have evidence that O'Brien approved of the name calling,its not a nick name
it is labelling in effect

As true then as now.

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.” ― Booker T. Washington 1856-1915

The problem with apologies these days is that you can't trust them. Are they truly felt or induced? A forced apology is like a little part of you dying. If you apologise enough under duress you end up not being you.

Oh aus is in for a long cold harsh winter with job losses, recession, wealth gap pulling further apart and on top of all this, aus has just started a proxy war with china on behalf of USA. Looks like i should be shift my assets to singapore as white australia anti chinese pogroms is on the horizon again.
Come to Vietnam comrade. Zero covid deaths, economy fully open, great people, safe place.

There may be flights in from August, I've heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Héritier Lumumba blasts Collingwood's racist treatment of him during his career (Civil discussion please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back