hahaha VFL GF Anthem

Remove this Banner Ad

MOJOE said:
What happened? I know it was the same cop as last year singing it - and she did ok then

She either forgot certain words, or just decided it sounded better without them being sung :p .

Worst rendition of the National Anthem I've ever heard... didn't she bother learning the words or something? And what about that line she added onto the end? And hang on a minute, I'm getting away from the real issue here, which is: why the HELL is a cop singing the national anthem?

wat the hell is " you beauty" that must have taken heaps of thought all with the rest of the song you'd reckon it could be changed or updated or watever ........now that they have won the vfl flag......lets hope so!!!

I was at the game today, it was very hard to understand the words over the Optus Oval PA but I have just heard the anthem again on tape, and I knew she missed words somewhere but that was awful.

It was really not her fault. She is part of that police band that plays outside the Melbourne Library. The Police Band plays with a conductor so everyone keeps in time. it is totally different singing against a tape and quite common for the singer to get ahead of the music. It was better for her to cut and run and cut out some words [which I am sure she did consciously] than try to speed through the words to catch up to the music. With that in mind I did not think it was that bad - it shat on some of the rendition we have to endure during the AFL grannie.

The VFL have always been pathetic with their pre & post match 'entertainment/presentations'. They should learn a few lessons from the VAFA. There were about 2.5-3k at Elsternwick Park on Sunday, they played the same anthem as the one the AFL play at all the finals matches - it sounded fantastic.

Anyway, go Sandy!!

camvoss said:
The VFL have always been pathetic with their pre & post match 'entertainment/presentations'. They should learn a few lessons from the VAFA. There were about 2.5-3k at Elsternwick Park on Sunday, they played the same anthem as the one the AFL play at all the finals matches - it sounded fantastic.

Anyway, go Sandy!!

Lol..least the sound system was turned up yesterday..we were all struggling to hear it on Saturday!

Remove this Banner Ad

hahaha VFL GF Anthem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back