Haileybury vs Peninsula

Remove this Banner Ad

dees25

Draftee
Apr 10, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
heard haileybury had a praccy game against peninsula today...wasnt at the ground...who won, who impressed? were the mighty bloods at full strength?

bloods had at least 10 stratering players still missing who should all be right for round 1 just gettin the game off 4 tac cup... yer wasnt scored veryy closely but think penisula won by about 2 goals... micky meehan down foward kicked 5 i think n was quite dominate at FF. anyone no who the best and goalkickers were for haileybury?

bloods had at least 10 stratering players still missing who should all be right for round 1 just gettin the game off 4 tac cup... yer wasnt scored veryy closely but think penisula won by about 2 goals... micky meehan down foward kicked 5 i think n was quite dominate at FF. anyone no who the best and goalkickers were for haileybury?

not McCormick

Micky Meehan is a unit. Millard was good too

not McCormick

Micky Meehan is a unit. Millard was good too

chief wiggam (aka Tom Tyrell) wat right do u have to can the vc of the football team? u have absolutely no clue mate. ur one of those fat 1st footy wannabes, who turns up and watches all the games, and tries to get close to all the players...when u no the best ull get to is warming up the pine in the turds (3rds)...

chief wiggam (aka Tom Tyrell) wat right do u have to can the vc of the football team? u have absolutely no clue mate. ur one of those fat 1st footy wannabes, who turns up and watches all the games, and tries to get close to all the players...when u no the best ull get to is warming up the pine in the turds (3rds)...

who are u mate? why dont u give away ur name n we will then see how brave u are!

Geez mate calm down that guy is just making a good point, I have so many friends at peninsula and they are just so flat about the fact that Xavier have Ulbirck this season, he would have been the key to there Premiership chances this season

Abusing each other aside - I'd like to know what people's thoughts about the match were? Who were the better players? Off this result do people think Haileybury can be a force again this year? Personally, I think we can. We had 8 very good footballers missing, and still came close to winning the game against an extremely accurate Peninsula outfit (they hardly missed a set shot).

yeah...do you know how many peninsula players were missing? I know for sure 3 of their top 4 played today for dandenong?

Nah I'm not sure who was missing for Peninsula. But I can tell you Haileybury were without Lynch, Martin, Vickery, Smith, Lillie, Douglas, Scully and Piggin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yer news was that penisula were only missing 3 players.. they may have been very good players but with the amount of talent that the bloods were missing is hardly worth arguing... no1 can doubt the talent that was missing... as was pointed out much of a shootout ecspecially the 1st quarter on such a small ground and with penisulas accuracy in front of goal def gave them an edge with only missing a handful of shots def helped them on their way thats 4 sure... was very impressed with millard though for a yr10 he presented and marked very strongly at CHF and may very well play there all year even with the players coming in... also micky meehan was very impressive was just to strong down at FF and will be a very handy player throughout the year.

its quite obvious that if big al johnson had decided to play well haileybury would of smashed penisula without their full strength side. when that kid elevates the cannons there is no stopping him. as for tom tyrell the kid is a freak, one of the superstar of haileybury 3rd XVIII last year dominating in the one win season.

Ivanhoe also beat haileybury with ther best 4 players missing 2 weeks ago perhaps haileybury arnt as good as expected this season

Ivanhoe also beat haileybury with ther best 4 players missing 2 weeks ago perhaps haileybury arnt as good as expected this season

The only difference is that we had something like 11 missing that day. But by all means write us off for the season - I prefer the underdog status.

The only difference is that we had something like 11 missing that day. But by all means write us off for the season - I prefer the underdog status.
dons07 did say the BEST 4 players in the Ivanhoe squad were out , but u jase say 11 of haileybury players were out , how many of them are actually any good ?

i believe all 11

true superstars

with al johnston firing up in the forward line once he elevates the dukes there is no stopping him.

would have to agree with mad dawg here in that al johnston is an absolute superstar and will easily dominate the competition this season

the strength, speed, agility, fitness and most importantly freakish dukes clearly put him a cut above any other forward in the competition

and dees or whoever u are...tbone would be more welcome in any team over u any day of the week cos he's a machine

dons07 did say the BEST 4 players in the Ivanhoe squad were out , but u jase say 11 of haileybury players were out , how many of them are actually any good ?

From memory, (and it was two weeks ago) we were missing Lynch, Vickery, Smith, Martin, Tormey, Lillie, Hutchins, Scully, Pattinson and maybe Millard (not 100% sure on him though).
There's 10 very good players, with possibly six or seven of them being in our top ten. All these guys will start on the ground in rd 1, except for Pattinson and Tormey who are still injured. I'm fairly sure Scully will be play (just from talking to him).

Remove this Banner Ad

Haileybury vs Peninsula

Remove this Banner Ad

Back