Halfway through the season and C'wood have travelled interstate once! What a joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Halfway through the season and C'wood have travelled interstate once! What a joke

ICanDressMyself said:
Whhaaaa?

Freo once, WCE once, Adelaice once, Port once, Sydney once, Brisbane once. What's wrong with that?

Nothings wrong with that.

But perhaps you should ask North/WB/Melb/Haw how they feel about not having a home game against Collingwood, because we are playing an extra game interstate game, which in all probability would have a full crowd regardless of whether we travelled or not.

Do you understand. We don't care, I have no problems playing 5 interstate games a year, none whatsoever.

Re: Halfway through the season and C'wood have travelled interstate once! What a joke

Lestat said:
Tell me, how is that fair. So because other teams 'choose' to play home games interstate, then you believe that Collingwood should be forced to play 6 away games interestate? And you reckon thats fair.

Tell me, how many Victorian teams are playing 6 'away' games interestate this year? Any?

And then there is the fact that nearly all Victorian teams request home games against us. So.....which club do you feel should miss out on the financial advantages of playing Collingwood at home?

Quite frankly, I don't give a damn how many games we play interstate. We've got a pretty good record interstate. But I think you'll find that those who will hurt the most are the poorer Victorian clubs, who quite often depend on the revenue they will recieve from playing us as a home game.

But then again, you don't really care about them, do you. And you just want something to whinge about, don't you.

When Essendon played 17 games at the MCG in 2000, not a whisper was heard. I wonder why that is?

Every team this year player at least 5 games in which they are not the home team. Why do Collingwood only have 4?

ICanDressMyself said:
Whhaaaa?

Freo once, WCE once, Adelaice once, Port once, Sydney once, Brisbane once. What's wrong with that?

Sure thing champ, then in 5 years time if Collingwood are languishing at the bottom of the ladder you'll be telling us that it is unfair that you only get to play Collingwood once per year, and even then you waste a home game against us when you could probably beat us in Melbourne.

Regards

S. Pete

ICanDressMyself said:
Every team this year player at least 5 games in which they are not the home team. Why do Collingwood only have 4?

We have 11 away games just like everyone else. Don't pull out the old all games in Melbourne are home games rubbish.

Regards

S. Pete

ICanDressMyself said:

Are you sure about that? I'd suggest you check your facts buddy.

Many have already explained to you why, however, you have chosen not to listen.

Lestat said:
Are you sure about that? I'd suggest you check your facts buddy.

Many have already explained to you why, however, you have chosen not to listen.

.....bar Essendon :p

celtic_pride said:
To be honest, I dont' really have a problem with it, Collingwood don't make the draw and to be honest all Vic clubs want to have a home game against them each year. Frankly they travel 4 times this year (which is only one less then my club) and 5 trips is usually the normal number of interstate games for most vic clubs (except those who sell home games interstate)
this thread just sounds like an unreasonable whinge to me.
If celtic pride is saying this is a whinge then it must be :eek:

ICanDressMyself said:
Whhaaaa?

I get the picture......we are a bunch of arrogant bastards.

I will write a letter, maybe even get the almighty Big Footy petition going that we:

* Play all interstate teams away next year
* Play all Victorian teams who require the gate we bring (except Richmond for stealing from us) twice on neutral turf
* Decline the AFL and broadcasters requests to be televised in prime time so that our sponsors don't get superior coverage
* Make sure we continue to allow (donate) Melbourne the home gate in the traditional Easter Monday blockbuster
* Underwrite Hawthorn, Kangas, Saints, Melbourne and anyone else who sells home games to keep them at the G or TD so they don't have to "choose" to play home games away for financial gain
* Play 14 games at the G to satisfy the MCC so that interstate teams that have earned a home semi-final can play that game at home.

These posts really have opened my eyes to the way the sychophantic Collingwood Football club has been abusing the other clubs of the AFL.

Please forgive us!

Collingwoodrow said:

I will write a letter, maybe even get the almighty Big Footy petition going that we:

* Play all Victorian teams who require the gate we bring (except Richmond for stealing from us) twice on neutral turf
* Decline the AFL and broadcasters requests to be televised in prime time so that our sponsors don't get superior coverage
* Make sure we continue to allow (donate) Melbourne the home gate in the traditional Easter Monday blockbuster
* Underwrite Hawthorn, Kangas, Saints, Melbourne and anyone else who sells home games to keep them at the G or TD so they don't have to choose to play home games away
* Play 14 games at the G to satisfy the MCC so that interstate teams that have earned a home semi-final can play that game at hoome.

These posts really have opened my eyes to the way the sychophantic Collingwood Football club has been abusing the other clubs of the AFL.

The morons would still find something to whinge about.

Collingwoodrow said:

* Underwrite Hawthorn, Kangas, Saints, Melbourne and anyone else who sells home games to keep them at the G or TD so they don't have to choose to play home games away
* Play 14 games at the G to satisfy the MCC so that interstate teams that have earned a home semi-final can play that game at hoome.

Thanks.

Lestat said:
So why aren't you whinging about Essendon?

Because you're better than Essendon! Haha nah, same goes for them, I guess that my hatred for Collingwood on and off the field gets the better of me sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ICanDressMyself said:
.....bar Essendon :p
Right. And where is the righteous anger now?

It is not about Collingwood having only 4 interstate games.

It's all about Collingwood having only 4 interstate games.

And in your mean, twisted, envious, bitter little mind that's all you can ever see...

Lestat said:
The morons would still find something to whinge about.

Well......by my calculations we will be playing about 30 games to satisfy all of the demands made on us.....I think we should be able to snag at least 12 of those and qualify for finals most years.

ICanDressMyself said:
Because you're better than Essendon! Haha nah, same goes for them, I guess that my hatred for Collingwood on and off the field gets the better of me sometimes.

Thank you.

So you admit that your hatred of Collingwood is clouding your judgement, and your just having a whinge. ;)

Run along people, nothing to see here.

Lestat said:
Thank you.

So you admit that your hatred of Collingwood is clouding your judgement, and your just having a whinge. ;)

Run along people, nothing to see here.

Partly yes. I still believe it's unfair that both Collingwood and Essendon only have to travel 4 times a year.

ICanDressMyself said:
I'm just saying that the advantage of playing in Melbourne 18 times in a year in unfair. 18 games and if they wanted to they could get 50,000 fans there cheering on the team.

What should be done about it?

1/2 trips to Subi, 1/2 trips to Adelaide, 1 to Sydney, 1 to Brisbane, 1 to Skilled and 1/2 to Tassie/Carrara or wherever. That would be a maximum of 9 trips interstate (will never happen) so to make it a little more fair, Collingwood should at least travel insterstate 7 times in the home and away season. :thumbsu:

So what you are really saying is that we should play WCE, Freo, Adel, Port, Syd and Bris away. That would leave the other 9 Vic clubs to play against usonce, then we play you all at home again. You will have to travel to play Collingwood once each in the return game.

Hmmm

Just wonder how you will manage that with the other 9 vic clubs having the same type of arangement.

There is a big inequality in the draw, and it has nothing to do with Collingwood's advantage or disagvantage. It is to do with the fact that 16 teams need 30 games so all clubs can play all other clubs twice.

We know that isnt going to happen, now dont we.

Probably blame Collingwood for that too.

Oh, and the cost of a pie at the footy..... that was the Pies too......lol

Schmuk

Pluggeroo said:
So what you are really saying is that we should play WCE, Freo, Adel, Syd and Bris away. That would leave the other 9 Vic clubs to play against usonce, then we play you all at home again. You will have to travel to play Collingwood once each in the return game.

Hmmm

Just wonder how you will manage that with the other 9 vic clubs having the same type of arangement.

There is a big inequality in the draw, and it has nothing to do with Collingwood's advantage or disagvantage. It is to do with the fact that 16 teams need 30 games so all clubs can play all other clubs twice.

We know that isnt going to happen, now dont we.

Probably blame Collingwood for that too.

Oh, and the cost of a pie at the footy..... that was the Pies too......lol

Schmuk

Why would you have to play the interstate teams again interstate? I'd be happy with you play Adelaide, Sydney, WCE, Freo, Brisbane and Port once away from home.

Do you people realise that if every Victorian side played all 6 interstate sides away like you want that means you would never host the other non Victorian sides? Or do you now want 15 home games a year :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Halfway through the season and C'wood have travelled interstate once! What a joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back