Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Arguable the second best midfielder in the draft this year. Some say he could be better than Rich once he fills out. Personally, I have never seen him play but he sounds like a good player and watching a highlight video of him, he looked the goods.

If we can't get one of: Rich, Watts, Hurley or Naitanui, which is very likely considering they will most likely be the top four picks, I reckon we should draft Hartlett if he is still available.

I would prefer him over Trengove and McKernan.

Arguable the second best midfielder in the draft this year. Some say he could be better than Rich once he fills out. Personally, I have never seen him play but he sounds like a good player and watching a highlight video of him, he looked the goods.

If we can't get one of: Rich, Watts, Hurley or Naitanui, which is very likely considering they will most likely be the top four picks, I reckon we should draft Hartlett if he is still available.

I would prefer him over Trengove and McKernan.

Could be right there but we need to draft players for specific positions and that would bring McKernan into the equation.
Also don't count out Tom Rockliff yet either, he is going to be a star.

pick 1. 195+ chf ,ff

pick 2. warnock, trengove if still available ( presumeing he drops due to inj)
if neither available best young ruckman available

pick 3. best available inside midfielder

pick 4. small defender

psd pick 1. ben cousins or best available

rookie draft we should have 3 picks just keep collard & dump cat,cart,howat

1 young ruckman , 1 xfactor player , best available small defender

players to be delisted or traded ,
tivendale (delist) pettifer ( trade) hyde (trade if not delist) king (only if suitable trade available) coggs ( only if he gets long term injury again
polo (only if suitable trade available)

Wouldnt mind him!
Although if Watts or Mckernan are still available, then Id probably prefer them.

For mine: First pick: Watts (doubtful)/Mckernan
2nd: Lewis Johnstone (Another KPF)
3rd: Inside Mid (Footballer, NOT athlete)/Best available ruckman
4th: Best available Ruckman

PSD: Warnock or Mundy if we can, otherwise Best mid/small back

Rookie: ...Do we have to re rookie all those already on our list if we want to keep them?
If so, re rookie all bar Howat and then pick up another midfielder.
If not, RD #1: Mid
RD #2: Ruck/KPD
RD #3: ...???

it's rather tempting to draft another class midfielder seeing what cotchin has been able to do this year...but i agree with those that we have to go big with our first pick....mckernan would have to be the one...

midfielders are relatively easier to find later on in the draft than talls...

if only we have two first round picks.....hahah...one can only dream.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Shaun McKernan and Jackson Trengove mainly ruckmen? I thought when we drafted Adam Pattision they said he was a ruckman/centre half forward. McKernan and Trengove may be too small to be dominant ruckman in the AFL. I would almost rather Warnock to Trengove or McKernan.

Hamish Hartlett has started well for South Australia. He's had 11 possession to half time and has only wasted one of them.

Lewis Johnston could be a steal if we take him with our second round selection.

Hartlett had a very good game for SA this morning.
24 possessions for the game, showed terrific vision, balance and finishing skills.
Definately looks a very well-rounded midfielder and definately a prospect for our first pick.

Lewis Johnston was another who impressed.
Finished with 4.3, missing a couple of easy ones, but presented well all day which was impressive.
Strong hands, good build and a nice, long kick. Would definately be a steal as a 2nd rounder.

pick 1. 195+ chf ,ff

pick 2. warnock, trengove if still available ( presumeing he drops due to inj)
if neither available best young ruckman available

pick 3. best available inside midfielder

pick 4. small defender

psd pick 1. ben cousins or best available

rookie draft we should have 3 picks just keep collard & dump cat,cart,howat

1 young ruckman , 1 xfactor player , best available small defender

players to be delisted or traded ,
tivendale (delist) pettifer ( trade) hyde (trade if not delist) king (only if suitable trade available) coggs ( only if he gets long term injury again
polo (only if suitable trade available)

Pick 1 Midfielder.....

Pick 2 Midfielder....

Pick 3 Kpp

Pick 4 Kpp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to pick Hartlett with our first selection and take Lewis Johnston with our second pick. Does anyone know what ruckman Tyrone Vickery is like?

I'll probably change my opinion and find someone else I want to take by the end of the Vic Metro vs WA game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back