Hampson could be the new Kouta???

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by the glimpses we've seen he could be anything. Let's wait and see what happens after he gets himself back in the game. I asked Judd about him a couple of weeks ago and he says pretty much what has been said on here, he's a freak of an athlete and we all hope he can also become a champion in the Navy Blue. I'd like to think he could be like Kouta, I still have his number on my guernsey and Simon has some big shoes to fill.

don't think so. may have been into hurdling but i'm pretty sure he came up through the carlton under 19's (remember them?) with his good mate christou, whereas hampson would have spent his own adolescence playing soccer.

setanta-like question marks hang over him. lot of potential and i want to see him on the park to just play at the moment.

In reference to Jacobs being the re-incarnated lance...i was just drawing on the similarity of the red hair and his tall, plus we need to call some one big red!

And by the way, Kouta was a pretty good kick for goal! Especially against essedon...he always seemed to dominated against essedon, always, used to shit my bro up the wall.

Can we rustle up some money for a surgery fund?

We need to transplant Sam Jacobs' hands onto Shaun Hampson. Best idea ever! If Hammer could mark like Jacobs can, he'd be a deadset gun.

Can we rustle up some money for a surgery fund?

We need to transplant Sam Jacobs' hands onto Shaun Hampson. Best idea ever! If Hammer could mark like Jacobs can, he'd be a deadset gun.

True, but I think Hammer's hands are better than you think they are.... dropped marks are more youth and confidence based I think. Just type in Shaun Hampson on you tube, and pick 'Hammer', then for a winger role for him pick 'Armfield and Hampson go for a run'.

don't think so. may have been into hurdling but i'm pretty sure he came up through the carlton under 19's (remember them?) with his good mate christou, whereas hampson would have spent his own adolescence playing soccer.

setanta-like question marks hang over him. lot of potential and i want to see him on the park to just play at the moment.

Hurdling champ at 13-16, chose team sports as was lonely training on his own. Carlton U/19's in comparison to todays TAC Cup drafting pool... miles apart, so Hampson would be ahead on that basis I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sauce has done everything asked of him since day one. Really impressed with this bloke's commitment and effort. :thumbsu:

+1 Thy. I keep hearing the 'Hammer' rants yet I do think that Jacobs will be no easy-beat for the number 2 ruck spot. To be honest, I thinks he has shown me more than Warnock & Hampson so far. He may not be the most mobile but he certainly manages to make himself useful at both ends of the ground when the heat is on.

presume that you never saw matthew richardson play his best footy on a wing drifting forward at the ripe old age of 30, and thats the reality...

You have started a post asking the question could Hampson be the next Kouta simple answer is NO, and then make a comparison to Matthew Richardson playing some footy on the wing, both Kouta and Richo would two of best in the last 15 years, it is drawing a long bow comparing Hampson to either, Kouta at a very young age had played Wing, half back flank, ruck rover, Hampson is a developing ruckman who has shown very little to date that he is capable of playing in other positions on the field.

Kouta was a great athlete, but was also elite as a footballer, not even worth debating this post right now.

Kouta was a great athlete, but was also elite as a footballer, not even worth debating this post right now.

Kouta took a few years to become an elite footballer. He played 50+ reserve games before gettting a go in the firsts. I also think he became a much better player in the years after 98 (was CHB for Victoria that year i think) where he was played at CHB all year to really learn the game. The years following are the years everyone think of, when we remember Kouta at his best.

His 95-97 years remind me alot of Andrew Walker currently (perhaps minus the injury's). Though I don't think Walker will ever reach the heights that Kouta did.

Kouta took a few years to become an elite footballer. He played 50+ reserve games before gettting a go in the firsts. I also think he became a much better player in the years after 98 (was CHB for Victoria that year i think) where he was played at CHB all year to really learn the game. The years following are the years everyone think of, when we remember Kouta at his best.

His 95-97 years remind me alot of Andrew Walker currently (perhaps minus the injury's). Though I don't think Walker will ever reach the heights that Kouta did.

l agree that there are much closer comparison between Walker and Kouta but certainly difficult to see any similarity with Hampson, aside from being athletic, certainly not in a football sense.
l think you may have underestimated Kouta in the 95-96 period as he was outstanding in those two seasons as a 22-23 year old prior to having a flat spot in 97 mainly due to personal reasons.

Hopefully Walker can have a injury free run and reach the levels we may have hoped when he was first drafted, but probably quite a distance behind Kouta.

distinctly remember the commentators in the 95' grand final raving over him. said he could rove the pack one second, and outmark the opposition ruckman (jon barnes in this case) the next. he was half a chance for norm smith at one stage but we had a lot of good players that day.
hampson doesn't strike me as that utility type, at the moment anyway. looks like he could be a very athletic tall (forward/ruck) rather than doubling as a midfielder.

l think you may have underestimated Kouta in the 95-96 period as he was outstanding in those two seasons as a 22-23 year old prior to having a flat spot in 97 mainly due to personal reasons.

I think he was quite good in those years, but he was a young guy playing in a midfield full of champions. It wasn't that I don't think he was good, its just he was given a pretty long leash.

Milham Hanna
Brett Ratten
Greg Williams
Craig Bradley
Fraser Brown

isn't a bad midfield to be playing along side as a young guy coming through. In those years I think he was good, not a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hampson could be the new Kouta???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back